Rock vs Wheel

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know where to start with that absolute shambles. Can't comment on the last 15 as I chucked it after the 5th goal, it's a shame the players chucked it after the 5th minute. Not one player gets pass marks today. A truly awful performance.

Falkirk were good but they didn't have to get out of 2nd gear, 4 or the 5 goals were absolute gifts with the 3rd being the worst of the lot. Truly embarassing stuff. No complaints over the scoreline, we absolutely deserved that steeple up our arse today.

Aitken has to get this sorted and do it fast. He persists with the same system every week that clearly isn't working. The win against Livi has glossed over what has been a truly woeful run of form. We now have Livi breathing down our necks and from what I saw a couple of weeks ago they don't look like a bad team at all.

Don't even know how I'd line up next week, certainly wouldn't be sticking with the totally ineffective and crowded midfield who Falkirk just ghosted through for 90 minutes. Finger oot Stevie.

Keep up that level of performance and we'll be playing in League 1 next season, with Aitken on the job hunt.

Felt like Falkirk were quite happy to let us huff and puff but could have stepped it up a few levels if required. Too easy for them.

Interestingly, we got more than our fair share of dodgy decisions today. All the niggly ones went our way.

Well that was garbage, the team lacks leadership, Darren Barr not fit to be the captain, points the finger elsewhere and never takes responsibility.

Getting fed up with willie gibson too, hardly ever plays direct and loses the ball too often, he had one direct run today - nearly ended up with him scoring, why can't we get that more out of him?

Need to beat Morton next week to stop this growing pressure.

Woeful, Fleming gets pass marks as usual, Brophy should have started with mccallum, McCollum missed the clearest penalty you'll ever see, too much loyalty in your team Mr aitken, Gallagher, Gibson, Craig,, too similar in midfield, Gallagher, routledge, Brown, too much alike up top,Fleming Craig, put kirky in the middle with brown, Fleming number 10, brophy up front, (who was unlucky not to have a hat trick himself today), mccallum wide, cawley opposite flank,

Woeful, Fleming gets pass marks as usual, Brophy should have started with mccallum, McCollum missed the clearest penalty you'll ever see, too much loyalty in your team Mr aitken, Gallagher, Gibson, Craig,, too similar in midfield, Gallagher, routledge, Brown, too much alike up top,Fleming Craig, put kirky in the middle with brown, Fleming number 10, brophy up front, (who was unlucky not to have a hat trick himself today), mccallum wide, cawley opposite flank,

I actually think Gallagher waited for the soft foul coming when he should have done something with the ball.

Pleading result for the bairns. Had the cutting edge today that we lacked Tuesday night, thought sibbs played an absolute blinder in providing assists. Nice to Alston get a goal after being wrongly penalised on Tuesday, also nice to see mchugh get a goal which will hopefully raise his confidence. Thought old Pete could've brought on Ryan Blair on Thomas Grant towards the end as the match was safe. An off day for Dumbarton who were impressive at tfs

This still the case?

I was in a rage having watched him chuck the ball in the net in the last minute at Alloa. Then watching him concede 7 goals at Dingwall. I still don't think he's very good but I've calmed down since then.

Pass marks to Brown, Brophy and Gibson today. Brown didn't shy away from the ball and Brophy and Gibson were they only players who looked like creating anything today. Utterly woeful.

I'm away to cry whilst writing my blog about this, defending worthy of us last season.

That was a sore one.

We simply weren't anywhere near a performance today. Organisation and communication were non-existant and Baird exploited the confusion at the back with some excellent positioning and well timed runs. Falkirk were good for their win - the score doesn't flatter them today. Baird was fanastic but the service to him was equally good and the Falkirk midfield dominated.

Not really sure what the answer is for Dumbarton. We've got the strongest squad we've had on paper in the past few years. Sadly you don't win games on paper. We lack a creative spark in the middle of the park and we're getting very little playing 1 up front. Our wing play is non-existant. Too many players in that team are playing with the knowledge that they're undroppable and it's showing. There's no fear that anything less than 100% will cost them their place in the side.

We look like a team bereft of leadership, communication and confidence right now. We've got limited options to change the personnel so for me we need to go back to basics with the formation. 4-4-2 might be out of fashion but its an easy formation to play. Everybody knows their job. The extra forward can drop off the main striker and close the gap between midfield and attack. I think we need to go back to a basic formation where we won't have our back 4 and our midfield shouting at each other when yet another offside trap fails and we're picking the ball out the net.

Aitken has no hiding places. This is his team - his players and his tactics. He needs time to get it right and I believe some of the players are letting him down big time, but ultimately his career lives and dies on the team's results. He needs to improve our performances. I hope he can do it, and he deserves time to turn it around, but ultimately if we're struggling come Valentines day then serious questions will be asked of the manager.

Right now we're a team without leadership, organisation, confidence or heart. It has to improve because a relegation battle is what this form will get us.

Archived