Home and Away Attendances so far...

*teams with stars are 100% accurate figures given by the clubs. Others are rough estimates.

Disgusting.

EDIT: Your Rangers figure appears to be overstated, btw.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/avesco.htm

Interesting to see Premiership, Championship and SPFL2 all up 8-10% and SPFL1 static on these early figures.

Disgusting.

EDIT: Your Rangers figure appears to be overstated, btw.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/avesco.htm

Interesting to see Premiership, Championship and SPFL2 all up 8-10% and SPFL1 static on these early figures.

The average Championship crowds have really taken a nose dive since Hearts left the division. :(

;)

Fair comment. However, majority of clubs (including your own) are quite guarded when it comes to releasing home and away attendance numbers, therefore I sometimes need to estimate. Although they're estimates I have faith that they're still fairly close to the real figure.

This 'sometimes' is 11 times out of a possible 15.

The biggest indicator of how pointless these figures are at this stage of the season (if not completely) lie in the 2 Dundee clubs.

If you took these figures as read you would tink Utd's home gate was almost double Dundees which is a nonsense.

Just to remind everyone that the cheeks attendance figures are only the tickets sold, including season tickets, not the actual attendance on the day. The green half of glasgow, for example, were 15-20K per game less last season than the published results. The last time I looked they were averaging around 34,000, (based on Freedom of Information). A lot less and strangly similar to the attendances in the 80's I think. The difference between fans and supporters.

Just to remind everyone that the cheeks attendance figures are only the tickets sold, including season tickets, not the actual attendance on the day. The green half of glasgow, for example, were 15-20K per game less last season than the published results. The last time I looked they were averaging around 34,000, (based on Freedom of Information). A lot less and strangly similar to the attendances in the 80's I think. The difference between fans and supporters.

I currently work with 5 or 6 Rangers fans who all have season tickets but don't actually go to the games. It's a fucking baffling mentality to me. Is this an OF only type behavior?

I currently work with 5 or 6 Rangers fans who all have season tickets but don't actually go to the games. It's a fucking baffling mentality to me. Is this an OF only type behavior?

I think it is green/blue cheek thing not anything to do with Scottish football. I think it highlights the idea of fans rather than supporters. If the green/blue cheeks fans were supporters they would be going every other week. But they don't because like the thai **** they are fans of any team that is winning. It stops as soon as they lose. Best fans in the world? Sure. Haha.

I have a season ticket, but rarely go, mainly due to work. I go when I can, and like to sit in the same seat I've had for 10 years or so!

I don't understand the idea of having a ST and not going at all though.

I have a season ticket, but rarely go, mainly due to work. I go when I can, and like to sit in the same seat I've had for 10 years or so!

I don't understand the idea of having a ST and not going at all though.

Don't get me wrong I've had seasons where I have only made it to 10 home games or so but kept my own and my boys ST on as it's situated with other family members but these guys know they won't go and still keep it on.

At first I reasoned that it's fair doo's as they all work in Aberdeen during the week so I assumed a lot of them lived here but only one of them does, the others are all back to the West over weekend, have season tickets and just don't go and haven't done for years. One of them went to the game at the weekend and was saying it was his first game at Ibrox in 7 years - he's been a ST holder for 25 years apparently. Mental.

Should probably begin by admitting I have no idea what my point is here but think its pretty interesting comparing our top 24 teams attendances to the Portuguese League (Top 18).

Figures are rounded and estimated based on some web research just for ease of comparing.

Don't see any reason why we cant have an 18 team top division when only 5 teams in Portugal average more than Dundee for example.

Celtic 45000 Rangers 45000 Hearts 17000 Aberdeen 13000 Hibs 9000 Dundee United 8000 Dundee 7000 Motherwell 4500 St Johnstone 4500 Falkirk 4000 Killie 4000 ICT 4000 St Mirren 4000 Ross County 3500 Partick 3500 Dunfermline 3000 Hamilton 3000 Raith 2000 Morton 2000 QOS 2000 Alloa 1500 Livi 1000 Dumbarton 1000 Ayr 1000

Benfica 48000 Sporting Lisbon 35000 FC Porto 32000 Vitoria de Guimaraes 16000 Braga 10500 Boavista 6000 Academica 5000 Maritimo 4500 Vitoria Setubal 3500 Gil Vicente 3500 Belenenses 3000 Rio Ave 3000 Paços de Ferreira 3000 Moreirense FC 2000 Estoril Praia 2000 Nacional 2000 FC Arouca 2000 Penafiel 1500

Edit: Apologies, cant get this to put them in a table so hopefully its clear enough

Should probably begin by admitting I have no idea what my point is here but think its pretty interesting comparing our top 24 teams attendances to the Portuguese League (Top 18).

Figures are rounded and estimated based on some web research just for ease of comparing.

Don't see any reason why we cant have an 18 team top division when only 5 teams in Portugal average more than Dundee for example.

Celtic 45000 Rangers 45000 Hearts 17000 Aberdeen 13000 Hibs 9000 Dundee United 8000 Dundee 7000 Motherwell 4500 St Johnstone 4500 Falkirk 4000 Killie 4000 ICT 4000 St Mirren 4000 Ross County 3500 Partick 3500 Dunfermline 3000 Hamilton 3000 Raith 2000 Morton 2000 QOS 2000 Alloa 1500 Livi 1000 Dumbarton 1000 Ayr 1000

Benfica 48000 Sporting Lisbon 35000 FC Porto 32000 Vitoria de Guimaraes 16000 Braga 10500 Boavista 6000 Academica 5000 Maritimo 4500 Vitoria Setubal 3500 Gil Vicente 3500 Belenenses 3000 Rio Ave 3000 Paços de Ferreira 3000 Moreirense FC 2000 Estoril Praia 2000 Nacional 2000 FC Arouca 2000 Penafiel 1500

Edit: Apologies, cant get this to put them in a table so hopefully its clear enough

You'd imagine the smaller teams plus Rangers and hibs attendance would rise in the top league as well.

Archived