Home and Away Attendances so far...

Not sure the best place for this but I've put it in this section in case anyones interested.

For the last few weeks I've been writing a weekly article were I've been looking at home and away attendance figures for all the Premiership clubs, and another 4 from the Championship. This week, seeing as every team has played each other once, I decided to complile it all together and analyse it team by team.

I'll post the tables below but would appreciate if you had a look this week's article aswell, as it give a better context as to why some teams figures are higher than others etc.

https://burstbawfootball.wordpress.com/2015/10/22/whos-watching-anyway-14-season-review/

Here's the tables...

HOME GATE AVERAGES

Rangers- 46543

Celtic- 45045

Hearts- 16560

Aberdeen- 14392

Dundee Utd- 9184

Hibernian- 8463

Dundee- 5889

Motherwell- 5138

Ross County- 4472

Partick Thistle- 4450

Falkirk- 4126

Kilmarnock- 4101

Inverness- 4004

Hamilton- 3481

St Johnstone- 3347

St Mirren- 3221

HOME SUPPORT AVERAGES

Rangers- 46039

Celtic- 44675

Hearts- 15721

Aberdeen- 13637*

Hibernian- 8819

Dundee Utd- 6739*

Dundee- 5065

Motherwell- 3714

Ross County- 3620

Falkirk- 3531*

Kilmarnock- 3086

Inverness- 3063

St Mirren- 2947*

St Johnstone- 2831

Partick Thistle- 2611

Hamilton- 1815*

AWAY SUPPORT AVERAGES

Celtic- 4004

Rangers- 2696

Aberdeen- 2311*

Hearts- 1681

Hibernian- 1295

Dundee- 1243

Dundee Utd- 854

Motherwell- 729

St Mirren- 701

Falkirk- 613*

Partick Thistle- 606

Kilmarnock- 448

St Johnstone- 443

Inverness- 332

Ross County- 246

Hamilton- 159

*teams with stars are 100% accurate figures given by the clubs. Others are rough estimates.

How can you expect anyone to take statistics seriously with that caveat?

Fair comment. However, majority of clubs (including your own) are quite guarded when it comes to releasing home and away attendance numbers, therefore I sometimes need to estimate. Although they're estimates I have faith that they're still fairly close to the real figure.

It worries me that people with the username SomethingGuy are making us all seem like bullshitters. Hopefully me reputation doesnt get sullied too much by these uncouth types

It worries me that people with the username SomethingGuy are making us all seem like bullshitters. Hopefully me reputation doesnt get sullied too much by these uncouth types

What you post is usually boring pish, rather than total pish, so you're ok on this one.

Fair comment. However, majority of clubs (including your own) are quite guarded when it comes to releasing home and away attendance numbers, therefore I sometimes need to estimate. Although they're estimates I have faith that they're still fairly close to the real figure.

Kilmarnock announce the away support at every home match. This is then usually freely available on social media, forums or independent match reports.

I love the badges in the article.I've never seen the Saint inspired Kilmarnock one before - magnificent.

Used to be a very popular design on badges and patches when I was a lad - back when the whole world was black and white, it sometimes feels...

(Alright, back in the Seventies, then)

Killie announce the exact home and away crowds every game.

Your figures are made up nonsense.

Archived