Lowland league v junior league

Hertha/BJFC1938

That's a completely fair perspective to take. Talbot are a good side and so are Kelty. The fact both have gone out the cup to the surprise of most of us who watch the juniors regularly should simply lead to a reflection that the Lowland League is a decent non league standard and they deserve better than they have had repeatedly from this fuckin idiot from Beith.

Sorry you think that of me mate :(

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a Community club running teams from under 8s up to u16s.

Two players made their debut in a friendly last week from the youth club.

Think we have the Silver Mark from the SFA.

That's great to see mate. But are other teams "with no history" not allowed to try and become a club with history?? I think any club with a well run youth team should be allowed to have an adult team to promote their players to that team!! To me they kind of teams are far more valuable to football than a team with a hundred years of history but with no youth program!!

It's very hard to judge the standard of another grade based on the occasional head to head in cups but for what little it's worth my assessment would be that the top half of the Lowland League is of a parallel standard to the Super Leagues in Junior football. Edinburgh City were a very slick side, good in possession, bit defensive but good on the counter-attack and slightly better than Talbot on the day.

It was no disgrace to lose to them as they went on to win the LL at a bit of a canter and the early signs are that they look set to retain their title.

Today's defeat was much sorer to take as I don't think Cumbernauld Colts are in the same class as Edinburgh City. They are marginally ahead of Gala Fairydean in the LL table and Linlithgow dispatched them 2-0 away in the last round.

When the Bot fans saw today's team sheet there was a lot of worry about our weakened central defence, with Campbell and McGoldrick missing, but it wasn't our makeshift central defence that cost us today. White & Lyle were by no means our worst players on the day.

It's hard to pin down exactly why we are struggling at the moment, but undoubtedly our form is patchy at best at the moment. I would be a lot more shattered by today's defeat if there wasn't a part of me that went into today's game expecting the worst.

Great post but completely wasted. He's a fuckin idiot.

Have you ever written a post without a swear word?

Notice you don't pick up on the fact he states your team got put out in the first round.

That's a completely fair perspective to take. Talbot are a good side and so are Kelty. The fact both have gone out the cup to the surprise of most of us who watch the juniors regularly should simply lead to a reflection that the Lowland League is a decent non league standard and they deserve better than they have had repeatedly from this fuckin idiot from Beith.

Clearly you can't post without swearing.

Do all Linlithgow fans have such a poor grasp of the English language or is it just you?

The arrogance dripping from your posts with regards other teams and leagues is almost impressive.

As has been posted already, just by way of example, Cumbernauld Colts have been around since 1969, starting with boys clubs, moving steadily into adult football (both Ladies and Mens), through the Amateur ranks and finally, thanks to the hard work of those at the club, now into the senior ranks.

They didn't just turn up in June and start playing in the Lowland League in August. Their rise had been over decades, building and growing to get to the stage, today, where they comfortably dispatched the team generally held up as THE Junior team, their traditions and all, in the second round of the Senior Scottish Cup. And from what I saw today no-one in the Talbot team would replace anyone in the Colts lineup.

I believe this is the second season running a LL team had knocked out Talbot, with Linlithgow flying the flag for Junior football as the East Region champions were dumped in round 1 by LTHV, of the league below LL (albeit LTHV are a very good side). And none of that is a dig at Talbot as you ain't representing them, just pointing out the stats of it.

And Linlithgow wouldn't even be there if they stuck to "junior traditions", given they qualify via their licence as a result of being a forward thinking Junior club.

I spent over a decade in the Juniors, I know lots of people with opinions like yours. It's one of the reasons Junior football is no further forward than when I entered it from senior in 1999.

Perhaps, rather than continue to suggest that teams like the Colts have no "tradition", because you don't realise they have actually been around for nearly half a century, you should investigate what their actual traditions actually are.

I would argue that the "traditions" of clubs like the Colts, bringing football to their community and being an active part of it for a prolonged period is far more relevant now and in the future of the game than being a place to allow male miners, steel workers and folk from the paper mill to go and watch a game at the weekend and piss against a wall - or is it only the good bits of Junior "tradition" (of which there is much) you are interested?

HL, LL and Juniors all have their strengths and weaknesses. To continue to dismiss all things non junior for no other reason than "they are not Junior" is simply burying your head in the sand. But let's face it, burying your head in the sand is a time honoured junior tradition (*not for all) , so no-one should be surprised.

My club for one is a hell of a lot further forward than it was in 1999 as are most Junior clubs.

You sound like one of the disinterested ex seniors who saw a way of making a quick buck playing Juniors.

My club for one is a hell of a lot further forward than it was in 1999 as are most Junior clubs.

You sound like one of the disinterested ex seniors who saw a way of making a quick buck playing Juniors.

Haha, I guarantee you those who know who I am are pissing themselves at your continued arrogance and suggestion I made money from Junior football.

I chose to go Junior (as it fit better with University at the time) and was a one club player (a short stint in Ams aside) who made nothing from that club for the duration. Actually over the years put more in than I ever took out, particularly when you consider I went back after injury forced me to retire to coach their youth teams as a volunteer.

But you skip over the actual points in my post to make up more baseless shite, continuing (as has been suggested) to confirm that your bawbaggery knows no bounds. :-)

Haha, I guarantee you those who know who I am are pissing themselves at your continued arrogance and suggestion I made money from Junior football.

I chose to go Junior (as it fit better with University at the time) and was a one club player (a short stint in Ams aside) who made nothing from that club for the duration. Actually over the years put more in than I ever took out, particularly when you consider I went back after injury forced me to retire to coach their youth teams as a volunteer.

But you skip over the actual points in my post to make up more baseless shite, continuing (as has been suggested) to confirm that your bawbaggery knows no bounds. :-)

He'll now be able to dismiss your comments because you used big bad sweary words in your last sentence........

Clearly you can't post without swearing.

Do all Linlithgow fans have such a poor grasp of the English language or is it just you?

Sometimes "idiot" just doesn't cover it - as in your case. My grasp of language is streets and streets in front of anything you could bring to the table. And it's that fantastic grasp of language which enables me to select "fuckin" for the purposes of emphasis in your case. However, I'm sure you know this because - even though you're not in my league as a wordsmith.

f**k me, the "mighty talbot get beat" and the shit hits the fan, maybe not as good as yous thought u were?

To be fair to the Talbot lads they've taken their defeat on the chin. They're not continuing to lead with it though.

I think if the Junior league keeps plugging away, one day...

One day they will be able to challenge the Lowland league.

Keep chasing that rainbow boys.

Being patronised by a Kilsyth Rangers fan, not something that happens everyday, but even a cat can look at a King and I can't blame other Junior fans for sniggering at our misfortune.

Luckily, I am not easily wound up and chilled by a few ales and accompanying whiskies.

By the way, for future reference and to aid your grasp of our language and potential employment prospects, yous is not a word. :)

I think if the Junior league keeps plugging away, one day...

One day they will be able to challenge the Lowland league.

Keep chasing that rainbow boys.

i would point out that Linlithgow have yet to taste defeat against a LL team. In fact our record against non league seniors (all leagues) is more than adequate having played 9 and won 8.

Well done to the plucky minnows Talbot, after taking one of the big boys to a replay in the last round it was inevitable the gig was up but at least they made it this far.

Archived