Nightmare On Craigneuk Avenue...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm strangely confident for this one.

3-0 to the Airdrie. Taylor Morgan with 2 and Cox with the other.

Rovers fans to report tales of gang rape and ultraviolence.

Statistically only 1 in 10 people involved in gang rape won't enjoy it.

More faces that the town clock....did the same when he was slating Morgan on here then mocked those who were slating him..

Much better today apart from Liam Watt who should have been hooked at half time. His performances have gradually been getting worse culminating in today's horror show. We were on top for most of the 2nd half but ultimately failed to create any real chances. Unfortunately, the best chance we had fell to Jordan Morton who is a greedy b*****d and shot wide from a tight angle instead of squaring the ball for a tap in. All in all, 2 points dropped.

Looking forward to trick or treating our neighbours from ML6.

If we don't ship two goals in the first 20 minutes like we did at the reverse fixture it should make for an interesting game.

We are in good form since our last meeting, 4 wins, 4 clean sheets from 5 games, the only defeat came away to Dunfermline. Airdrie only with 1 win in those 5 games. We should be confident.

The team almost picks itself with right back and striker really the only positions for the manager to consider.

A draw wouldn't be a disaster but 3 points is definitely realistic

Looks like we got the treat with your boys :D

More faces that the town clock....did the same when he was slating Morgan on here then mocked those who were slating him..

I pay my money to get into every game home & away since I've been in the country, I'll comment how I like.

Anyway, thought we were by far the better team today, but lacked a bit of composure in the final third. Team selection is what we wanted and I think the width really helped. Cadden had a very good game. I have to echo the sentiments about Watt, he has gone backwards since the Dunfermline game, hope he gets back to form soon.

Thought the referee was pretty good today, apart from the penalty award - I'd have been shouting for it if I was in the other end - but he did very well to spot Gemmell's "attempt" to kick out and the right decision to send him off.

Still feel we're missing a striker. Morgan has improved but he still isn't the answer, and goal aside (put on the plate by Cadden) Prunty was largely out of the game.

Very big game next week now against Forfar, unfortunately I won't be around for the next three months, but when I'm back hopefully we'll be at the right end of the table and we'll have uncovered a 20-goal a season striker from the U20s to keep Iain King happy.

Well I defended results and said I would happily have airdrie shitfest their way to the paly offs. I stand corrected and apologise to those I criticised. If the last two games are the standard this season Bollan can fucking keep it. It was my sons first game was today (he is 5) and at a cost of nearly £30 no danger will I be taking him back. That was utter pish. I am Maybe being unreasonable but that was one dire game of football and if thats what it takes for a play off place this year it doesn't say much for the other teams in the division. I firmly believe the budget for Airdrie will be reasonable for getting out this division and the product on the park is not of the required standard.

Certainly a Halloween horror show from us, but somehow taking a point back down the road with us.

First half was pretty poor, sitting far back and not closing down. Airdrie went 1-0 without creating very much at all. The last 10 minutes or so we came into the game a bit more, Barrowman had a golden chance to equalise but Parry saved well. Penalty looked a bit soft, it was almost scripted that Parry would save it, Ally Love was quickest to react and fire in the rebound.

Second half we started quite well but fell out of the game as the game wore on. Stewart did OK, caught a few high balls well. The Dunlop brothers had a busy afternoon and didn't do too much wrong. Talu at right back looked dodgy every time he was in a defensive role, he pushed up a bit more in the second half but created virtually nothing. Turnbull on the other side was marginally better but still not creative enough. Fisher in the middle was my man of the match. Time after time we were failing to clear the ball out of defence , Fisher was the only player prepared to put a foot through the ball or play a decent pass. Davidson and Mullin played ok but lots of slack passing, Ally Love was the only player to challenge Fisher to be our best player on the day.

Willis and Barrowman up front just didn't look good enough today. We'll never know that if the Beast had been on from the start if the game would have turned out any different, somehow I doubt it given our lack of creativity in midfield and on the wings. I missed what happened for his red card, the ref was quick to react so probably no complaints, we'll see in the highlights.

Darren Young's Rovers remain one of the best value sources of entertainment in football. A great game and a big point gained for us- especially considering the results of the teams around us, and that we were the poorer team.

For the entire game Airdrie were pretty comfortable at the back and bossed the midfield, but our men of the match Dunlop, Dunlop and Stewart kept them frustrated in the final third. The opening goal was classic Bryan Prunty: great movement and a killer header into the bottom corner. We're not doing too badly as we are, but we could do with a player like him in the number 9 shirt.

I'm prepared to defend Andy Barrowman to a degree - after all, in another lifetime he was a top scorer in this league - but he had another poor game today, not least missing a crucial sitter in the first half. His reputation rides on his performance against Cowdenbeath. There will be no Beast on the bench to bail him out; he's got to do the business next week.

Everybody knows Gemmell should have started this game, even just as a derby one-off, but I thought his absence was most notable when we got our penalty. Neil Parry has a decent penalty record but Deputy Penalty-taker Paul Willis made it really easy for him. Ally Love did a bail-out of his own, doing what he does best and grabbing a tap-in.

After that we picked up a little bit of momentum, and it felt like it could have gone either way, but on reflection a Rovers win would have been a robbery. The manager probably made the right three subs (I would have kept Mullin on) but uncharacteristically made them too late. If that can be considered an "off day" for our team then we can be pretty optimistic.

There were other issues with our performance- chief among them the right back position and the passing from midfield. These problems could be solved by sticking Ricardo Talu in the middle of the park, to put his strength to good use and give him a bit of freedom to go forward. It's a small squad but very versatile. They could do great things this season.

Rovers fans to report tales of gang rape and ultraviolence.

A 12 yrs old boy was giving us the finger. I was offended. To whom do I complain?

And to the game. Excellent away point for Monklands' leading side. Airdrie had most of the ball but little penetration. Mick Dunlop was my MotM and we learned that Talu won't do at right back. Not sure why Gemmell was dismissed - he appeared to take the ball with a high foot. Was there an after-event?

Archived