Nightmare On Craigneuk Avenue...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to be fair, for the most part Rovers fans are renowned for their utter hysteria, but the ones on here have been pretty decent.

We were shite but dominated possession, especially in the second half where Rovers were lucky to get a look in.

Prunty did enough to suggest he should be starting every week.Though he needs a target man along side him, so I'd take the controversial decision of playing him and Morgan in a traditional 4-4-2.

Don't know about the penalty as I was at the other side of the ground. From where I sat it looked soft. No real complaints from the team though.

Gemmel had a swing out but not so sure it was a red. Why Rovers didn't start with him I'll never know. Loves a goal against the Airdrie. Thank f**k he never started though.

Enjoyed the game today. Not the highest in quality from either side but a decent enough derby game. Thought we were probably the better team overall and if Morton had shown more composure with his chance at the end we could have won. Penalty was soft and a few people were saying the scorer was encroaching in the box when the penalty was taken but would need to see that again (same with Gemmell's red card). Hunter should either be starting upfront with Prunty or should be the first striker to come off the bench instead of Morgan. The big man tries hard but he's not good enough. The team was better and had a better balance/shape to it. Glad to see us play with two wide men and kudos to young Cadden for a decent game and for setting up the goal.

Very disappointing result but a wholly different attitude from Airdrie. It was a step in the right direction, not perfect tbh, but a relief that Bollan has given himself a shake.

Playing two wingers from the start makes you wonder why he hasnt done so for months. We could have used them better at times, there is a bit of work needing done in training, particularly on where to deliver and the strikers runs. Prunty was a breath of fresh air, his legs getting older but his organisation up there and workrate such an improvement.

Liam Watt had a very promising display in centre mid. We'd been lacking a more attacking dynamic from that area and got it. Unfortunately his great work in that position was let down a bit by his lack of quality in the final third, if Watt was in top form he was our match winner. I'd urge my fellow fans not to underestimate this boy.

On the downside I thought Cox had his least effective game for us, we reverted to a long ball to the smallest target man in the game. Not the best use of him by us. Hopefully that was a one off.

Fitzpatrick was also a bit off. His poor shape helped sell the soft penalty, a right few moves broke down with him. I like the boy Smith, I can see Fitzpatrick moving back to fullback soon in place of van Zanten who I really dont think much of.

All in all, a move in the right direction. Bollan has manned up and seems to have sorted out his issues with McAleer, Cadden, Morton and Prunty. For that I appreciate it and commend him. Let's hope that continues and we build on this positive attitude.

Nicky and Chris are twins. Both played at Motherwell together and might still meet each other as brothers in this league. Watch this space as they say.....

Chris isn't getting a sniff at 'Well so should come a while to where he's appreciated. Perhaps we could also aid in the rehabilitation of Christie Elliott?

We're on an extremely good run as we are, and on a good day our current attacking midfield combination work very well together, so if Chris Cadden joined us right now would he walk into our starting eleven? Ally Love has shown all the symptoms of McKenzie's Syndrome - too nippy and energetic to last 90 minutes - so we'll always need a sub. I suppose Cadden could even play up-front, and keep that theme of versatility that's going to be important to our team.

The new (old) Well boss will have made all his squad decisions and have a plan for him by January, and that might be a good time for us to shake the squad up a bit.

Thought it was entertaining enough game as it went from end to end but both teams lacked the quality in the final third to earn the three points so a draw was a fair result although Rovers will be the happier team as Airdrie finished the match the stronger team.

Both Dunlops were excellent ably supported by Kyle Turnbull but Ricardo must have been watching the Efe Ambrose school of defending before the game. Barrowman and Willis were powderpuff and a new striker should be on the January shopping list.

Cadden for Airdrie was excellent and Prunty took his goal well.

As for the two main talking points: the penalty looked soft but probably makes up for the stonewaller denied up at Peterhead. I couldn't see what Gemmell did although the ref indicated an elbow while others said he took a swipe- the ref was definitely quick to show the red card- I suppose he's an easy target given his reputation.

Airdrie are in a good position and historically come strong in the second half of the season - I think they'll be up there. Most Rovers fans don't think the current position will last - staying up

Is our priority anything else is a bonus. As Snuffy alluded to next weeks game against Cowden is far more important that yesterday's in terms of how are season goes.

Most Rovers fans don't think the current position will last - staying up

Is our priority anything else is a bonus. As Snuffy alluded to next weeks game against Cowden is far more important that yesterday's in terms of how are season goes.

A resurgent Cowdenbeath too. Getting nothing at Central Park is the one disappointing result of this season.

Someone is going to have to explain to me how John Gemmell still has a contract in senior football. Granted he used to be a decent scorer, but now he looks like he just wants to run into and kick (and miss (and get sent off)) people.

And by the looks of it he ate aww the pies fat p***k

• 2 weeks later...

Archived