Tannadice Terrors vs Scary Staggies - Sat 31 Oct

Don't think an apology is required. You have just been stating facts, others who claim to know better than the management team even though we've had such a good time since February of this year, shouting at their own telly and telling fellow fans that their views are ***** need to take a breath and sit for a time in a quiet room I feel.

For what it's worth, imo the challenge that lead to the penalty was never a foul, ref couldn't give it quickly enough too.

Again, utter nonsense. When did I say I knew better than the management? I have an opinion, I expressed it. I think it's you who needs to wind down a bit, it wasn't me who threw the toys out of the pram when someone dared to criticise one of our players - with what happens to have been a fairly tongue-in-cheek comment at that (yes, I'm not stupid enough to actually want one of our own players sent off).

We have indeed had a good time since February, but that doesn't mean it's been perfect. There is, and always will be, room for the improvement and points for discussion. That's football, learn to deal with it.

I think the main positives of Martin Woods game is that he always makes himself available to receive possession of the ball, and he never hides in the game. He recycles possession of the ball very well when he is having a good game. He can play clever passes that perhaps other midfielders in our midfield can't. As a result of that he is constantly on the move, which drags other opposition players with him freeing up space for Irvine.

His free kick and dead ball delivery is extremely poor. Fans continually see this, and it is easier to remember a free kick than it is a completed pass. When he isn't having a good game, he misplaces passes in dangerous areas and giving away possession so cheaply puts us back under pressure.

The real question is, does his positive aspects counteract the negative aspects? For me that is a no. I think Murdoch does everything he does just as well, without the brain fart moments. McShane has shown glimpses of what he can do, and I would like to see him be given some game time ahead of Woods.

If I was Jim McIntrye and elected to continue with Woods, I would at least rotate dead balls to ease the fan pressure off Woods. If people see that others can't do any better it might alleviate some of the negativity towards him.

A far better and reasoned viewpoint which I agree pretty much completely with.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's football, learn to deal with it.

Cheers coff, I'm dealing with it just fine. Hope you've calmed down and don't feel the need to shout at your telly anymore!

Martin Woods certainly seems to be a player who splits opinion of our fans.

Jim really seems to like him though, and like others have suggested it would be good if others could chip in and help with set pieces, just for the sake of variety if nothing else! Rafa had a sublime free kick into the top corner, preseason against Elgin, he is certainly one who I think could help us out as his delivery into the box can be first class.

I also think that we as a team are missing De Vita more than some notice, as he brings a better balance when he's on the left.

Watched the highlights again, that penalty looks soft. Could maybe do with a slo-mo from another angle though...

Disappointed no replay of our offside goal, my mate was convinced it was onside :ph34r: Could maybe do with a slo-mo from another angle though...

Most importantly, any news on Davies??

Archived