The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

Couldn't care less if people wore one, I make a donation every year and take one but I usually never wear it. Its the donation that matters not the wearing of the poppy.

The number of brave soldiers who defended our freedom in the World Wars vastly outnumbers the number of disgraces who committed atrocities since.

I would be interested to discover the correlation between those people hounding James McClean for exercising his right not to sport a poppy on his shirt, and those who routinely jabber on about "freedom of speech!" and "PC gone mad!" at everything they hear and see.

It would be fairly strong, I reckon.

1 hour ago, Günther said:

I believe he doesn't hold England in high regards hence is position on the Poppy. A hypocrite who is happy to coin in from the country but won't respect its values and traditions... 

Such a short paragraph and yet so utterly saturated with fail.

Personal choice. 

People fought to allow us to make our own choices within a democratic society.

Going to risk getting put on a list here - but the way the poppy and the armed forces have been politicised by certain sections of Scottish society is highly distasteful. Whatever happened to remembering peacefully and quietly rather then absailing down a stand.

Even if you excuse the stupidity re WW1 and the fact the UK forced WW2, there is no need for the Poppy Day now.

They are all panners.

As for the current hand out merchants, all, every one, of the Scottish regiments were formed to keep down.....eh, the Scots.

Fuk them.

Just now, Günther said:

I take a lot of shite and shrug it off on the forum with plenty of trolls around, but the accusation of murdering children is very low and poor. I don't mind all the other pish that comes my way, some of it deserved, but that just crosses the line. 

Truth hurts.

1 hour ago, jessmagic said:

Personal choice. 

People fought to allow us to make our own choices within a democratic society.

Going to risk getting put on a list here - but the way the poppy and the armed forces have been politicised by certain sections of Scottish society is highly distasteful. Whatever happened to remembering peacefully and quietly rather then absailing down a stand.

They're maybe hoping the rope breaks and the abseiler gets killed so they have someone else to remember...