The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not a moral crusade but this is what sensible folk do.

You think Inviting along ex-squaddies with PTSD, then firing that big bastart gun is what sensible people do?

BANG and the poor sods are under their seats in the foetal position. 

You think Inviting along ex-squaddies with PTSD, then firing that big bastart gun is what sensible people do?

BANG and the poor sods are under their seats in the foetal position. 

It's all a bit OTT for me. All that fuss made about remembering them before going on to sing about being up to their knees in catholic blood. It's all very confusing.

Makes a nice change from the soldiers singing bigoted songs a few years back anyway.Progress.

In all honesty if the Brittish Army want to come across as a forward thinking organisation they should be nowhere near Ibrox, will more often than not give the ample simpletons in their ranks a chance to cast them in a bad light.

I noticed on MOTD quite a few teams wearing poppies on their shirts.

What a load of shite. Isn't the bollockys 'remembrance' not a week or so away?

'Lest we forget' is a comical slogan dripping with irony, as that's exactly what folk have done. It's not about 'remembrance' anyone; it's long since been about posing and making out just how much more you care than anyone else. That shite at Ibrox is obscene and sickening, and frankly a hugely disrespectful load of pish. No surprise from the bigots though. They've hijacked it more than anyone to show HOW MUCH THEY CARE and just how achingly British they are. 

Bomb ra lot o them

So far this morning on my Facebook feed I've had two images, one of poppies arranged to look like a man sitting on a bench and an other of a dress made from poppies, both with captions along the lines of "Facebook has banned this picture, share it quick before they take it down".  Of course the button bashers are foaming at the mouth about how anti-British Facebook is and how "they wouldn't ban a Muslim army thing". :blink:

Edited by TheCelt67

My mother's uncle was a 21 year old officer in the Parachute Regiment in WW2.  He had trained as tank commander but apparently there were too many of them so he volunteered to be air dropped in the mountains in Greece to organise what were basically sheep herders fighting as resistance against the Germans into a more potent guerilla insurgency.  Cant imagine what that was like - the old boys still alive today though, along with his wife.  Hearing stories like his means I'll always stick a couple of quid in as a donation but dont wear a poppy.  I dont agree with the American-like fetishisation of the military we see now and the near fascism that goes along with wearing a poppy, especially with Rangers using it every year just to demonstrate how British they are and howl in outrage at any protest from the fannies across the city.

Unless a game falls on remembrance day, no need for it to be anywhere near football either.

I have always put a quid in the tub since i was a wee boy, my Granny grew up in a military family and often told me stories of her father in the war. 

I Will take a poppy, but the new plastic designed stems are a b*****d for putting on so i usually put it in my pocket, Very rarely wear one unless it is the remembrance. Last year someone had a go at me for putting it in my pocket. 

I always put in and usually take a poppy, but again, I don't always wear it anymore. My grandad flew fighters with the RAF in WWII and my great grandad won the DC in WWI and I knew them both and saw how it affected them and always just got one because of that.

However the whole thing has been hijacked and ruined. It's lost its meaning and in Scotland has basically become another old firm scumbag argument.

Exactly GAD - if you want to donate or wear a poppy then do it and if it's not your thing then don't and what ever decision you make then base it on your own opinions and not because of the football team you support!

22 minutes ago, throbber said:

That time of year again when 5 Celtic fans will disrupt a minute silence and Rangers fans will go into an online meltdown.

Actually With England vs. Scotland actually being on the 11th they probably won't get the chance.

Unless Kilmarnock provoke them by doing a minutes silence before Celtic's visit on the 18th