The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

2 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Can't be bothered reading the debate so far. I wear a poppy as I've ultimate respect for the sacrifices solidiers are prepared to make for OUR benefit.

Soldiers are prepared to do their job for their considerable pay packet; it's not a sacrifice.

Thanks for playing anyway.

2 hours ago, LinkinFighter said:

b35518e76f2b369e5161e939ba9f9c9a.jpg

Reaction on stv Facebook

We had some embarassing event at Ayr the other week where we let army and veterans in for free.  They were out on the pitch twice (hilariously acompanied by stewards) and they were walking round trying to milk an applause (plenty gave them it) however some banshee was looking around the crowd for folk like me not joining in, screaming at them SHOW SOME RESPEKT.   

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I've never purchased a poppy and never will. I've never donated to a charity for veterans. I don't stop and 'remember' any folk who fought in wars.

Get it up you

I agree, i am also capable of remaining silent for a minute so as not to disrupt others choice to do so.  

10 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Keeping thickos loyal to the brand by wrapping the club in a union flag and sticking a poppy on top.

It's a particularly useful tactic when targeting a demographic of cretins who are too stupid to appreciate any sort of nuanced thought around about militarism/nationalism and can be made to buy into a vision of national superiority through which they can vicariously attribute a sense of pride and achievement onto their own worthless existence.

Great post. For further reading please see Trump. Certain aspects of Brexit and the Falklands as reported by the tabloid press.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

The England players could use a permanent marker and put a black dot on each of their shirts, and claim it was a white poppy and it was just unfortunate that their shirt was also white so you couldn't see it, while simultaneously denying to FIFA that it was anything other than the kit man being shite at his job.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

Has anyone mentioned white poppies yet?

Me. Sort of.

The Hamish Husband 'footsoldiers' seem to be i) upset and ii) not very bright individuals.

It's not a political statement ...these people fought for our freedom and what ever your views on the union ,, this should be respected and remembered ... f**k FIFA shower of corrupt c***s

No political statements being made there of course; nope, none at all. 

Its really funny reading all the faux outrage about the england v scotland game and the not breaking fifa rules.Scotland played a friendly a few years ago in Cyprus on the 11/11 and Scotland asked to wear a poppy on the shirt and fifa refused .I bet i could go back through peoples posting history and no of them would have even mentioned it

26 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

The Hamish Husband 'footsoldiers' seem to be i) upset and ii) not very bright individuals.

No political statements being made there of course; nope, none at all. 

I'm going to the game, i'm not planning on wearing a poppy. I wonder how much seethe it'll actually cause. 

I don't see the big fuss over Fifa deciding not to allow them, really not surprised at Adam Tomkins having a heads gone moment. 

Soldiers are prepared to do their job for their considerable pay packet; it's not a sacrifice.

Thanks for playing anyway.

Aye £14.7K starting salary for a soldier, then £18.3K on full completion of training.
Yep, that's a 'considerable' pay packet, they must be f*ckin living it up on a yacht in the Med for most of the summer!
They're miles under the average U.K. Annual income at present.