The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

Pretty sure you can go further back, and some of the more working class and red neck sports(NASCAR and some of the southern state college football teams) were embracing it all a bit before then. I certainly remember Noam Chomsky banging on about it when I was reading his stuff and that was definitely pre Afghanistan.

Yeh the college teams started it with the camouflage jerseys and hats. 9/11 saw it go crazy and it transferred here.

Guest Moomintroll

Does anyone know if BBC presenters/participants have to buy their own or is there a big bag at the entrance of the studio like they have for 4d glasses at cinemas in theme parks?

26 minutes ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

Eh, it’s the same guy and he plays for Motherwell. His poppy fell off.

19 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Was it last year that Moeen Ali was lambasted by the Express for not wearing a poppy on a cricket tour? Apparently it has fallen off moments before the photo was taken. I wonder if they ever apologised to him emoji23.png

I don't think that is what is meant by "remembering the fallen".