Do you believe in the paranormal?

FlyerTon

Do you believe in the paranormal?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I believe there's a hell of a lot we don't yet know about and are just scratching the surface in understanding- only this week it's been put forward that quantum theory might allow for a sort of consciousness after death, though obviously not in a religious sense.

In terms of the Doris Stokes/Derek Acorah table shaking and message from your deid granny stuff, obviously not - it's been comprehensively debunked years ago, and I'd like to think most people see it as a branch of entertainment although there's no doubt a few nutters who take it seriously.

Edited by Hillonearth

How much does she charge for a 10 minute session? I can put something cold and hard in her hand if that would help.

No she's the sort who believes in horoscopes and pish! Someone once told her her daughter would come across some money and a few days later I won a coupon and she went crazy

They do? Which ones?

There are tales of a football club from the southside of Glasgow who died writhing in agony. There have been reports of noises coming from the old run down stadium. Some say the tortured souls associated with the old club still come out to play football every so often because their demise was so sudden they can't come to terms with the fact that there is no longer a football club.

Ghostly, pale looking apparitions, with red eyes have been seem staggering in and out of the old building looking for a magic hat that might be buried there.....

whooooo, oooooooo...!!!

Edited by Romeo

Anyone ever watch that 'Most Haunted' show? What a bunch of charlatans :lol:

Most haunted is really bad. There's an American one I watched where people went to these places to debunk the haunted rumours, one mental asylum they went too was really freaky looking, brain jars and furnaces with human remains still in them. The best bit was someone walking into a room and getting tangled in cable without realising and screaming a demon had attacked him. When he calmed down and realised it was just cables he hadn't noticed he was fuming :lol:

I've had one experience, (that could be described by some as paranormal, but there is very probably a logical explanation for) many moons ago, that I can't explain in the house that I lived at the time.

The previous owner was an old woman who died in the house and a few years before that her son who lived with her took a heart attack and died on the front steps of the house.

My bedroom was next to the front steps and I awoke (around 2 am) one night to the sound of crying at the front steps. At the time I was going out with the nightmare bitch from hell who used to come round unannounced at weird times of the day and night. I knew she was out clubbing that night and I had recently told her to f**k off just a couple of days previous. So I just assumed that the dumb bimbo was wanting some attention after failing to get some other poor sucker to tell her how wonderful she was out on the town. So I went to the door opened it, and no one there. Freaky huh?

I do remember having a vivid dream about someone crying, so I am assuming that as I woke so quickly my mind was still working in dream mode even though I had woken.

But I don't believe in paranormal, but have had an incident of sorts. There are usually explanations for these things. Sometimes we just can't find the explanation

I try to be agnostic about the whole paranormal thing. I believe that there are strange happenings, but that doesn't make the goolies, (spectral rather than testicle), IMO they are just things we don't understand yet. I've met people who swear they've seen ghosts and I believe they think they have, but I don't think these apparitions are disembodied people but perhaps just images caught by the release of energy or something more sciency.

I work in an office surrounded by women and they all believe in ghosts, and the abilities of fortune tellers and mediums. I don't know if it is more of a woman thing?

(I reserve the right to run away screaming like a girl if a ghostie ever tries to murder me though.)

The stories that always start with, "someone died in this house" Im pretty sure that some c***s pegged it in almost every house.

The mediums are the worst c***s, they are actually making money from peoples inability to come to terms with their loss.

Two people in my family have had spirity stuff happen to them repeatedly over the years. Astral projection, 'visits' by spirits, someone standing at the foot of the bed, a spontaneously delivered message from beyond the grave from a recently deceased relative through a random patient in my family member's work.

Only thing close to paranormal for me is a sibling's previous house. Bathroom door at one end of a long landing with a high ceiling, spare bedroom door at the other end, steep staircase going down from the spare bedroom end, closed door leading up to the main bedroom in the attic, closed door leading to another bedroom. Every single time being on that landing or looking from one end to the other gives me the absolute shitters, hairs on the back of the neck, chills up the spine. Bolt from one end to the other and close the fucking door asap.

The stories that always start with, "someone died in this house" Im pretty sure that some c***s pegged it in almost every house.

The mediums are the worst c***s, they are actually making money from peoples inability to come to terms with their loss.

Apparently in several states in the US you are required to disclose if your house is haunted. Most people don't die in the home.

On the flipside of your second point:It is a form of entertainment that people are willing to pay for. Regardless of how fucking stupid it is to you or I. If it makes the person happy then why the hell not?

Apparently in several states in the US you are required to disclose if your house is haunted. Most people don't die in the home.

On the flipside of your second point:It is a form of entertainment that people are willing to pay for. Regardless of how fucking stupid it is to you or I. If it makes the person happy then why the hell not?

The housing in America isn't as old as it is here. I was exaggerating, but a lot more people die in houses than people think, certainly more than enough to not warrant starting a story with 'someone died here'. If that's the case then why aren't hospitals haunted?

Aye, whatever. You say it's not doing any harm, but it's making money through deceit.

The housing in America isn't as old as it is here. I was exaggerating, but a lot more people die in houses than people think, certainly more than enough to not warrant starting a story with 'someone died here'. If that's the case then why aren't hospitals haunted?

Aye, whatever. You say it's not doing any harm, but it's making money through deceit.

There is a fair amount of modern housing in this country too. There are a fair number of alleged haunted hospitals around.

Would you be OK with me telling a story about a big house where something died, and to this day thousands, nay hundreds of thousands of people around the globe swear that it lives on. That place definitely makes money through deceit.

I believe that mediums/psychics these days are obliged by law to provide a disclaimer. So it isn't really deceit

Two people in my family have had spirity stuff happen to them repeatedly over the years. Astral projection, 'visits' by spirits, someone standing at the foot of the bed, a spontaneously delivered message from beyond the grave from a recently deceased relative through a random patient in my family member's work.

Only thing close to paranormal for me is a sibling's previous house. Bathroom door at one end of a long landing with a high ceiling, spare bedroom door at the other end, steep staircase going down from the spare bedroom end, closed door leading up to the main bedroom in the attic, closed door leading to another bedroom. Every single time being on that landing or looking from one end to the other gives me the absolute shitters, hairs on the back of the neck, chills up the spine. Bolt from one end to the other and close the fucking door asap.

Sounds like there's been a lot of repressed sexual abuse in your family. Commisserations.