Watches

6 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

That was covered for 1 year. £80 for the lifetime thing. Money's tight just now so might just wait until pay day. 

Quite pleased when the guy said "Fucking nice watch that though" 😀

Think I've only ever had a couple of compliments about the watches, same as you when I took the Tag Heuer in Timpsons, and the other time from a dodgy fucker who spotted the Tudor, this idiot had a fake Rolex on which he flashed in my face for a few seconds.

Talking of watches, my Father in Law worked at Timex. Well, when I say "worked", he did as little as everybody else. Anyway, his family always had the latest Timex watches - my wife says she always had about a dozen at any one time when she was at school. The problem was, he couldn't remember which ones came out of the staff sales and which ones came out the back door. When he got grassed up for making counterfeit pound coins in the factory, he hurriedly buried most of them in the back garden. Trouble is, he buried 6 boxes but only ever found 5 so there's a box of Timex watches probably still there up Fintry Drive.

Mind you, there's probably boxes of buckshee Timexes all over Dundee. 

12 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Talking of watches, my Father in Law worked at Timex. Well, when I say "worked", he did as little as everybody else. Anyway, his family always had the latest Timex watches - my wife says she always had about a dozen at any one time when she was at school. The problem was, he couldn't remember which ones came out of the staff sales and which ones came out the back door. When he got grassed up for making counterfeit pound coins in the factory, he hurriedly buried most of them in the back garden. Trouble is, he buried 6 boxes but only ever found 5 so there's a box of Timex watches probably still there up Fintry Drive.

Mind you, there's probably boxes of buckshee Timexes all over Dundee. 

My dad was the same when he worked at Timex, watches all over the house, that's how I got into this obsession. 😀

May have been asked before but I’ve been thinking about getting an Apple watch 3, anyone else got one? I normally run 3-4 times a week so it’s mainly for that and cutting about with during the day, £199 for a brand new one I’ve spotted, worth it?

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

My dad was the same when he worked at Timex, watches all over the house, that's how I got into this obsession. 😀

I'm from Dundee and will never wear a Timex on principle. 

Your SKX is looking grand in the sun. Does yours have the infamous misaligned chapter ring or is it the angle of the photo? I changed mine to sterile chapter rings.

2 hours ago, Futureboy said:

I'm from Dundee and will never wear a Timex on principle. 

Your SKX is looking grand in the sun. Does yours have the infamous misaligned chapter ring or is it the angle of the photo? I changed mine to sterile chapter rings.

Totally agree, Timex watches are shite as well, although I think  i've got a rare one, spot on about the chapter ring, it doesn't line up, but its a 300 quid watch.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

On 15/07/2020 at 07:02, saint dave said:

Couple of new ones 

IMG_20200704_143543.jpg

On 15/07/2020 at 07:03, saint dave said:

IMG_20200421_155832.jpg

On 15/07/2020 at 07:04, saint dave said:

IMG_20200503_140710.jpg

Is it just the photos or do you wear your watches tight AF? 

9 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Is it just the photos or do you wear your watches tight AF? 

Just the way I've turned my wrist to try and get less light and reflection. I tend to wear them reasonably loose but tight enough so they don't fall down , if you know what I mean.

May have been asked before but I’ve been thinking about getting an Apple watch 3, anyone else got one? I normally run 3-4 times a week so it’s mainly for that and cutting about with during the day, £199 for a brand new one I’ve spotted, worth it?

I’ve got one, got it off my son when he switched an android phone. I like it. You still get the latest updates and the battery lasts 3 days. I’ve got 4 different coloured straps (£2.99 each on eBay) so you can customise the faces to match. I use it for listening to pod casts and music out on walks. I’ve set it up for football scores too. I think he got it second hand in a pawn shop for about £110.

42 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

I’ve got one, got it off my son when he switched an android phone. I like it. You still get the latest updates and the battery lasts 3 days. I’ve got 4 different coloured straps (£2.99 each on eBay) so you can customise the faces to match. I use it for listening to pod casts and music out on walks. I’ve set it up for football scores too. I think he got it second hand in a pawn shop for about £110.

It's not a watch imo.

On 18/07/2020 at 18:38, killiepiemuncher said:

Sounds spot on mate, cheers!

Anyone any thoughts on the "Hybrid" smartwatches? Wouldn't want an apple watch etc myself but some of the specs would be really handy in a day to day watch. Really liking the look of this in particular

https://us.kronaby.com/nord/46-nord-38mm.html 

nord-38mm.jpg

Not a big watch guy - got a bog standard casio for a stopwatch, a skagen pretty similar to above that I got with money family gave me for my 21st as a day to day, and had a nice citizen gold/silver strap one that was nicked when I got mugged (was a graduation present from my parents so I still feel guilty about it). As I say, I'm curious about the above but happy to be told they're a waste of time.   

My watch is over 30 years old from new and running beautifully on its 4th battery. Never have to adjust time. I particularly like the links and the physical size of the watch. Between women and men's size.

Always get a pro to change battery so I can continue to wear as waterproof. 20200721_154818.thumb.jpeg.a2760c1594149396cd4c0e6020f9fd9d.jpeg