Watches

7 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Great vid, I thought the patina/crap on the dial added to the value though.

I believe it was finished to whatever the customers' request going by some of the comments/feedback.

The restorer maybe needs to use the odd caption on screen explaining stuff though.

Thank You.

Posted (edited)

Speaking of divers, two new microbrand additions dropped through the letterbox simultaneously this week. Meet the Phoibos Eagle Ray, a compression-style diver from Hong Kong, and US company Aquacy’s bronze diver with its malachite dial. That’s my display case full now, pushing me into theoretical “one in, one out” territory. (Or, I just buy another case 🤣)

image.png.1d23ba1bfa1bb86f218356bc78e1e468.png

The Aquacy is the first bronze watch I’ve owned, procured as a trial run before I start dropping some not-so-subtle hints about how the recently released Christopher Ward C60 Pro 300 bronze diver with the brown ombré face would make a lovely Xmas present.

ETA: @Bigmouth Strikes Again, Aquacy is a sister company/brand of Oceaneva.

Edited by Doctor Manhattan

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Speaking of divers, two new microbrand additions dropped through the letterbox simultaneously this week. Meet the Phoibos Eagle Ray, a compression-style diver from Hong Kong, and US company Aquacy’s bronze diver with its malachite dial. That’s my display case full now, pushing me into theoretical “one in, one out” territory. (Or, I just buy another case 🤣)

image.png.1d23ba1bfa1bb86f218356bc78e1e468.png

The Aquacy is the first bronze watch I’ve owned, procured as a trial run before I start dropping some not-so-subtle hints about how the recently released Christopher Ward C60 Pro 300 bronze diver with the brown ombré face would make a lovely Xmas present.

ETA: @Bigmouth Strikes Again, Aquacy is a sister company/brand of Oceaneva.

That's what I'm going to have to do, ☹️ got another couple on the way (will post pics).

Great couple of pieces, bronze is a stunner, would take it off the leather strap though (rubber, bracelet, or nato for a diver)

Just my opinion though.

Cheers.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

21 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Would take it off the leather strap though (rubber, bracelet, or nato for a diver)

Agreed; and I've already got a rubber strap with a matching bronze buckle on the way from Steeldive.com. On which note, did you put the blue strap on your Oceaneva yet? I'd very much like to see that.

This is my collection as it currently stands, a bunch of mostly cheaper/older pieces padding out the Tudor and the Rolex I got for my 50th some (many) years ago. I'm not planning any more additions before Xmas, but hell, I've said that before! 

image.png.16634b69f5e1bb30126874e261fa383a.png        image.png.d8aa7f4fe9a3864fcbf03b034869e8c6.png

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Agreed; and I've already got a rubber strap with a matching bronze buckle on the way from Steeldive.com. On which note, did you put the blue strap on your Oceaneva yet? I'd very much like to see that.

This is my collection as it currently stands, a bunch of mostly cheaper/older pieces padding out the Tudor and the Rolex I got for my 50th some (many) years ago. I'm not planning any more additions before Xmas, but hell, I've said that before! 

image.png.16634b69f5e1bb30126874e261fa383a.png        image.png.d8aa7f4fe9a3864fcbf03b034869e8c6.png

Great collection.

ocean.thumb.jpg.c1cd2057f73d67bb5ab4a7bd5d2d86be.jpg

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Just took delivery of this wee cracker.

PXL_20240601_162842731.thumb.jpg.fb60deb28f394e8ccff1e853bea0ae2e.jpg

It came with the original Omega beads of rice bracelet which is nice, but unfortunately far too small. Not sure how easy it'll be to source a couple of genuine links for a watch made in 1961.

On 26/05/2024 at 21:57, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

rubber, bracelet, or nato for a diver

Just swapped out the leather for a rubber/bronze combo. The new buckle might just be the biggest I've ever seen, but it looks really good on the wrist.

image.png.1db181d194be4be7ad730d4cea45b7c0.png