Forfar v Airdrie 7.11.15

Guest bernardblack

As much as it would be sad to see the gaffer go, I think it has to be considered now.

He has so many favourites in that team that are undroppable.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dick saved us from oblivion and that should never be forgotten, with that in mind I think he should be given a fair chance to put right what is obviously wrong. I honestly think it's too soon to relieve him of his duties and if he is the problem then I'm sure he will know and step aside if he's done all he can do. Dick has rightly carved himself into Loons history, hopefully he puts things right and retires when the time is right on a high and doesn't get sacked and taint what has been an amazing tenure as gaffer. He's had sticky patches before and put it right.

That said if there is better then the club needs to progress.

Dick saved us from oblivion and that should never be forgotten, with that in mind I think he should be given a fair chance to put right what is obviously wrong. I honestly think it's too soon to relieve him of his duties and if he is the problem then I'm sure he will know and step aside if he's done all he can do. Dick has rightly carved himself into Loons history, hopefully he puts things right and retires when the time is right on a high and doesn't get sacked and taint what has been an amazing tenure as gaffer. He's had sticky patches before and put it right.

That said if there is better then the club needs to progress.

Pink to take over , then you will really see things go tits up !!

Dick will sort it out . The three goals yesterday were poor defending . Doesn't help not having a settled back 4. As soon as we get our players back we will start winning again. Played some good stuff yesterday and ran out of steam . There was nobody on the bench to change it .

Dick out

Erudite, as always.

I don't think we've managed to put out our preferred 1st team at any point this season, injuries and stupid suspensions have had a real impact on any sort of consistency; the back 4 and keeper unit has been different almost every week, hardly surprising that we are shipping goals. That should sort itself out in the coming weeks with a bit of luck.

Personally, I think the biggest problem is lack of creativity from midfield. Hodge and Young in the middle seems to snuff us out as an attacking force. Foxy back in the middle yesterday and we saw more action upfront in the first 5 minutes than the previous 180. He got Denholm, Martin and Swankie more involved in the game putting Airdrie on the back foot for long periods.

I'd also point out that Sanny had a less impressive game yesterday than the previous 2 but because he had players feeding off him yesterday and he wasn't fighting a lone cause, the boo boys never really noticed.

In the last 2 games, since we've started playing with 2 wingers, we've scored 4 goals all from crosses into the box. Whilst they haven't all been played in by the 2 wingers, it shows the importance of stretching the opposition defence and just getting the ball into the box from wide areas. Defenders in this league are fine when the ball is played in front of them or played long towards them, but when the ball is played in from wide areas and they have to think/move they are pretty hopeless. At the top level of the game it's a pretty out-dated tactic, at this level getting it wide and into the box can be pretty effective. It's a good of getting around the problem of having little creativity in midfield, which we suffer from.

Archived