Forfar v Airdrie 7.11.15

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have we got 11 players for this game?

A stunning come from behind 5-4 win for the Loons with a hat trick for the last minute squad addition of ball ball no 3.

Crowd 648,

50/50 draw ticket 511343

What a fucking prediction this might turn out to be!

Did we scrap it in the end or was it more comfortable than it looked

Airdrie pretty much scored with their first 3 forays up the park. From a Forfar view point poor defending, but Airdrie were clinical when the chances fell to them, something Forfar have not been this season.

In the second half Rab had 1 more save to make and Airdrie hit the bar/post and that was about it in an attacking sense.

Forfar were the better team pretty much for the whole 90 minutes, last 5 minutes Airdrie were very professional and killed the game keeping the ball in the corners.

Foxy was my man of the match, what a difference when he plays in the middle of the park. He brought Denholm and Swankie into the game, I can't understand him getting subbied, when he went off our attack completely faltered.

Pretty fair assessment, but I'd disagree with you being the better team for "pretty much the whole 90 minutes". Granted we scored with our first real attempt at goal, but I thought we were cruising from then until Forfar scored just before half-time. It was a good time to score, and after the second we were pinned back for most of the second half, but Forfar seemed to run out of steam - possibly caused by subbing your two most effective players. Last ten minutes we had more of the ball, and saw the game out professionally as you say.

Pretty fair assessment, but I'd disagree with you being the better team for "pretty much the whole 90 minutes". Granted we scored with our first real attempt at goal, but I thought we were cruising from then until Forfar scored just before half-time. It was a good time to score, and after the second we were pinned back for most of the second half, but Forfar seemed to run out of steam - possibly caused by subbing your two most effective players. Last ten minutes we had more of the ball, and saw the game out professionally as you say.

Aye, maybe not the whole 90.

First was against the run of play though, then Airdrie looked dangerous up to the 3rd then shut up shop leting Forfar back into it.

An entertaining match with both teams playing some good football at times. Best I've seen Forfar this season to be honest. More like the style of football we played last year.

Tom Wotherspoon and Iain King up on the supporters bus today I hear.

Sounds like a hang on job in the end, but would have taken that result pre match.

Yeah they were on the bus paid a tenner for it went to pub before the game and paid to get in

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Very accurate description El Gringo.

Though Foxy was tiring I would not have subbed him as after that we lost pretty much everything in midfield and the service to the forwards all but dried up. Also not sure why Dick went bananas at Foxy when he came off, perhaps should have kept for the dressing room?

Better stuff today with plenty effort compared to last week but things are not working as they should.

Airdrie pretty much scored with their first 3 forays up the park. From a Forfar view point poor defending, but Airdrie were clinical when the chances fell to them, something Forfar have not been this season.

In the second half Rab had 1 more save to make and Airdrie hit the bar/post and that was about it in an attacking sense.

Forfar were the better team pretty much for the whole 90 minutes, last 5 minutes Airdrie were very professional and killed the game keeping the ball in the corners.

Foxy was my man of the match, what a difference when he plays in the middle of the park. He brought Denholm and Swankie into the game, I can't understand him getting subbied, when he went off our attack completely faltered.

So ur saying we were clinical makes a change

Archived