Ross County vs Celtic - League Cup Semi Final

Forfinn

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow and look were you are now.

Hampden/Highland hoodoo to get over tomorrow. Unfortunately for Hibs, who are hoping for an easy hassle free final v County, we never seem to feck it up against Hibs or United just diddy teams like St Mirren.

I take it that makes sense in your head? :blink:

Good luck to Ross County for this one. Would love to see them dump the mick scum like Saints did three years ago and see their glory hunting fans do a fire drill long before the end. Fully expect their knuckle dragging fans to shame Scottish football AGAIN with the usual bigot songs/flares/smoke bombs etc.....come on lads you know you want to.

Glory hunting fans . Remind me how many St Mirren fans attended your last cup final compared to how many you usually attract to league games.

In fact how come any time a team outwith us or Deidco play in a final, their average attendance seems to get exceeded by some distance. Can't class them as glory hunters though eh!

Seems like there's a few people not travelling today due to (a) the current conditions, or (b) the forecasted conditions post-match. I wasn't planning on heading down anyway so I'm watching from the warmth and comfort of the sofa.

Foresee a heavy defeat unfortunately. Hopefully McIntyre changes his habit of "let's just sit back invite pressure" because that's only ending in a 3-0 defeat. County can cause Celtic problems if McIntyre sets the team up right.

We've troubled every team we've gone 442 against, I don't rate their defence at all (I don't rate ours either btw) so we need to press them high up the pitch, none of this inviting their centre halves to walk forward with the ball.

High tempo with Curran and Schalk to work their socks off then get the main man Boycee on from the bench to finish them off.

3-2 to The County, after extra time.

Fox

Fraser Quinn Davies Foster

Murdoch Macca Irvine Woods Gardyne

Schalk

You heard it here first.

Could it not also be Gardyne playing behind Schalk? Guess we'll see.

Where's Curran? I see Boyce has made the bench but Curran hasn't, did he get re-injured when I wasn't paying attention?

Celtic team to play Ross County: Gordon; Lustig, Ambrose, Boyata, Tierney; Bitton, Johansen; Mackay-Steven, McGregor, Armstrong; Griffiths

Let's all woo for Boyata being back :(

Still think there's enough in that line up to win, I'll go 3-1 Celtic

Archived