Why no boycott talk?

I don't really see Rangers getting in the way of teams challenging like they have done in the past 3 years in the short term. Just need to look at their accounts, they will be lucky to survive the season never mind challenge for the Premiership.

It will happen eventually so what are we to do, just all go nuts when it happens? Or accept it will happen next season when they are still weak and look at the positives it will bring?

Yourself and others have only tried to have a moan at me here and still havent provided any real reasons why it would be a bad thing

It's a bad thing for one simple reason - the same reason it would be a bad thing for Armstrong to be allowed to compete again, the same reason it is a bad idea for athletes to be allowed back into the sport after a ban. They're fucking cheats, and their very presence has devalued our Game for three years. Their continued presence simply continues that devaluation.

How fucking hard is that to understand?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely any club awarded a title in retrospect will have lost out on CL money, especially if it was a period where the Champions went in automatically.

If that happens, what is to stop them suing Rangers for loss of earnings.

A whole new can of worms there.

No one is taking about giving the titles to anyone else. Just taking them off the cheats and putting that fact on the record. The dead club fucked the whole of Scottish football right over. Brushing it under the carpet is a disgrace.

No one is taking about giving the titles to anyone else. Just taking them off the cheats and putting that fact on the record. The dead club fucked the whole of Scottish football right over. Brushing it under the carpet is a disgrace.

Apparently what they wanted to do the first time

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/revealed-football-chiefs-secret-plan-1167046

Surely any club awarded a title in retrospect will have lost out on CL money, especially if it was a period where the Champions went in automatically.

If that happens, what is to stop them suing Rangers for loss of earnings.

A whole new can of worms there.

Rangers oldco is gone. But still, the Hearts etc should find a way to sell Ibrox somehow, just because it would be funny.

I don't really see Rangers getting in the way of teams challenging like they have done in the past 3 years in the short term. Just need to look at their accounts, they will be lucky to survive the season never mind challenge for the Premiership.

It will happen eventually so what are we to do, just all go nuts when it happens? Or accept it will happen next season when they are still weak and look at the positives it will bring?

Yourself and others have only tried to have a moan at me here and still havent provided any real reasons why it would be a bad thing

It would be a bad thing because it minimises the chances for other clubs to make an impact. It hastens the restoration of a self serving duopoly that saw finances ill divided and saw trophies fail to circulate.

It served up the most grotesque spectacle that UK sport has to offer, a spectacle that stole all media focus and damaged the other sides.

Keeping the OF apart and preventing our game being reduced by and to this grotty freak show, needs to happen for as long as possible.

It's a bad thing for one simple reason - the same reason it would be a bad thing for Armstrong to be allowed to compete again, the same reason it is a bad idea for athletes to be allowed back into the sport after a ban. They're fucking cheats, and their very presence has devalued our Game for three years. Their continued presence simply continues that devaluation.

Everyone dopes in cycling, Armstrong was just dumb enough to admit to it.

Was that reason casual racism?

Of course it was. The same way Isaac Hayes, Zico and Eusebio were abused and vilified by their epithets.

"Oh, look! There's something I can take offence at on behalf of someone else! I'll look dead righteous if I jump right on it!"

No, Craig. It was because he was a cheating little fucker. HTH.

Think you may have some anger issues my friend as well as racial issues.

So what should we do? Just banish Rangers from Scottish football altogether? The fact remains that they will be in the top flight next season and no matter how much you or anyone else hates that fact, it is still going to happen. Instead of bitching and moaning about it, why not look at the positives it will bring?

Hearts, Dundee, Livi, Motherwell have all been in administration in the past 10 or so years and won cups, avoided relegation etc, does that mean that they should also be banished for being cheats?

Also, in what way was he a cheating little fucker?

Of course it was. The same way Isaac Hayes, Zico and Eusebio were abused and vilified by their epithets.

"Oh, look! There's something I can take offence at on behalf of someone else! I'll look dead righteous if I jump right on it!"

No, Craig. It was because he was a cheating little fucker. HTH.

It was pretty racist. I've never heard anyone call him that tbf

Which is why cycling has no credibility. It's maybe telling that your user name is that of a player who was known as the "Yellow Submarine" for a reason.

I never heard him referred to as that.

No matter how you try and spin it, that is a racist comment

So what should we do? Just banish Rangers from Scottish football altogether?

Yes. Bingo! This is exactly what we all want to happen. Denying the culture of Rangers a focal point would be a massive triumph for Scotland, and Scottish society.

What a chance we have too. Activism amongst the support of various clubs is growing to force their Chairmen to demand the titles are voided. We are just waiting for the appeal deadline to pass before acting.

This won't destroy the newco though, it just makes it official that their predecessor died as cheats.

What might very well destroy the club is the growing evidence of SFA conivance to allow oldco to pay players via EBT, with side letters, and just turn a blind eye. This makes them complicit in tax evasion. The cat is totally out of the bag on that one - its only a matter of time before collars are felt.

As ever, when it comes to Rangers, don't hold your breath for the Scottish establishment to act with integrity. Newco know that, hence their beligerance and intimidating behaviour continuing. Unfortunately for them, whilst they can intimidate and threaten in Scotland, the UK tax authorities and the non Scots like Ashley they were dumb enough to cross will go for the jugular on our behalf.

Three years without Rangers has been brilliant. I for one do not want to have to interact with these people again. Fingers crossed. In the meantime - strip the titles and set the record straight.

Think you may have some anger issues my friend as well as racial issues.

So what should we do? Just banish Rangers from Scottish football altogether? The fact remains that they will be in the top flight next season and no matter how much you or anyone else hates that fact, it is still going to happen. Instead of bitching and moaning about it, why not look at the positives it will bring?

Hearts, Dundee, Livi, Motherwell have all been in administration in the past 10 or so years and won cups, avoided relegation etc, does that mean that they should also be banished for being cheats?

Also, in what way was he a cheating little fucker?

Taking the football fan blinders off here no, banishing them is not the answer.

However, one read of Roger Mitchell's blog on linkedin will tell you that the culture of Scottish football at the top levels is so weighted towards your club and them that their return will mean a return to what we were used to in Scottish football, the two of you having your little tussle that none of us care about while the rest of us don't matter.

What I would really like to see is for Scottish football to take a step back and really look at itself and what we want to be because at the moment no one can agree what Scottish football will look like.

We're losing fans left right and centre but why? Is it because Rangers are not there or is it because fans of the smaller clubs feel like it is totally pointless supporting their local team.

The above will never happen unfortunately due to the deeply ingrained culture of football in this country therefore no one wants Rangers back, as it means our opportunity to improve the game for everyone has gone.

Archived