Queen's Park v Peterhead

an86

The ref was terrible . Mcallister dived to get free kick not for the first time against Queens Park . Gutted for the players but some are getting a game week after week when there are better players on the bench who put in great displays in earlier games .A bit frustrating . Duggan still not playing the way he did in his first loan spell with us . Hope Gus gets team selection right for Tuesday .

The ref was terrible . Mcallister dived to get free kick not for the first time against Queens Park . Gutted for the players but some are getting a game week after week when there are better players on the bench who put in great displays in earlier games .A bit frustrating . Duggan still not playing the way he did in his first loan spell with us . Hope Gus gets team selection right for Tuesday .

Aye, that's exactly what happened.

The only thing missing from the ref today was him actually wearing a QP strip.

Really, after 5,346 posts that's your best attempt at a wind-up................must try harder!

As for the game, poor match but the better side won.........more "professional" in stopping us get any flow to our play (loads of niggly little fouls, pulls and trips), but they also looked the more threatening side going forward, and were quicker and stronger (as you would expect from a team in a higher Divison)

Good luck in the final, but on today's evidence there's a reasonable gap between first and second, but a huge gap between first and chanpionship so make sure you enjoy the occasion if not the game itself.

Puzzled by Gus's substitutions today................took off Duggan when he would have benefitted from having Carter alongside, and Bradley had run himself into the ground, and wtf was he doing putting Burns at right back which immediately stopped any chance of Ralston getting forward....................just weird. Anyway, back to league business on Tuesday and nice to enjoy this cup run while it lasted.

Really, after 5,346 posts that's your best attempt at a wind-up................must try harder!

As for the game, poor match but the better side won.........more "professional" in stopping us get any flow to our play (loads of niggly little fouls, pulls and trips), but they also looked the more threatening side going forward, and were quicker and stronger (as you would expect from a team in a higher Divison)

Good luck in the final, but on today's evidence there's a reasonable gap between first and second, but a huge gap between first and chanpionship so make sure you enjoy the occasion if not the game itself.

Puzzled by Gus's substitutions today................took off Duggan when he would have benefitted from having Carter alongside, and Bradley had run himself into the ground, and wtf was he doing putting Burns at right back which immediately stopped any chance of Ralston getting forward....................just weird. Anyway, back to league business on Tuesday and nice to enjoy this cup run while it lasted.

Not really sure what a post count has to do with anything but it certainly wasn't meant as a wind-up. The ref today was really poor from his inconsistency to the blatent manufactured fouls by the QP players.

I disagree with almost all of your post. I didn't think we were the better team today, if you guys could get someone in the final third to make something of your posession then we would have been well beaten today. I do agree with you on the gap between the divisions but we have already beaten 1st division opponents in the competition this year.

We competed well although Peterhead deserved winners. We could do with some of their guile and ruthlessness up front.

When things aren't going so well it's easy to criticize the team selection and game plan, but I agree with The Spider's (and bobthespider's) comments, We are not as solid or consistent in defence as we were at the start of the season.

Good to see Bradley get a start, and I think Craig McLeish is maybe a more reliable selection than others.

All the best to Peterhead in the final.

I didn't think we were the better team today, if you guys could get someone in the final third to make something of your posession then we would have been well beaten today.

I think you've just made my point for me - the whole point about TEAM is the colective contribution...........our midfield was probably better than yours, but I would argue that your attacking players were more creative and effective than ours..............your last half hour probably looked dreadful to you, but in terms of game management it denied us any opportunities to hit you on the break and our only real threat in that last period was the long range shot in the last minute. I also come back to my earlier point that your team committed twice as many fouls as mine (check the official stats) which was "professional" for want of a better word as they were clever fouls (rather than reckless ones) which were designed to stop Queen's from gaining any momentum. So in conclusion, whilst I'd rather regularly watch my team's style of play than yours (purely on the basis of yesterday's game!), in a national semi-final it's the outcome that matters most, and your team were overall collectively better than mine, no matter how pretty our passing game may have looked to you at times..

PS - If Rodgers can't get a game for you, can we have him on loan please?

I think you've just made my point for me - the whole point about TEAM is the colective contribution...........our midfield was probably better than yours, but I would argue that your attacking players were more creative and effective than ours..............your last half hour probably looked dreadful to you, but in terms of game management it denied us any opportunities to hit you on the break and our only real threat in that last period was the long range shot in the last minute. I also come back to my earlier point that your team committed twice as many fouls as mine (check the official stats) which was "professional" for want of a better word as they were clever fouls (rather than reckless ones) which were designed to stop Queen's from gaining any momentum. So in conclusion, whilst I'd rather regularly watch my team's style of play than yours (purely on the basis of yesterday's game!), in a national semi-final it's the outcome that matters most, and your team were overall collectively better than mine, no matter how pretty our passing game may have looked to you at times..

PS - If Rodgers can't get a game for you, can we have him on loan please?

I would rather play your style of football AND have our creative attacking football.

Whilst I do not doubt that the official stats will show that we had more fouls, this was, in my opinion, down to the incompetence of the officials. Every time McGeever headed the ball in our box he was climbing on the defender. The far side lineswoman missed 2 offsides. Without doubt your no 2 should have walked for the challenge on Riley which deserved at least a yellow etc. etc.

In regards to Andy, I have no idea what is happening with him. The management appear to want to play Sutherland and Rory. Andy and Leighton McIntosh have been used mostly as subs and done a great job when they have come on. Leighton especially has scored in most of the games where he has made an appearance but Andy has been a contributer to that. So in short No.

Pretty frustrating game, but Peterhead just about deserved it. They were typically strong and well organised and a wee bit more streetwise than us, which is unsurprising given the experience in their ranks. Blatant dive by McAllister for the free kick and an air of inevitability as he stood over it. We didn't really create an awful lot in the game, but can't fault the effort of most of the players. However, for me Duggan has to work harder than he has been doing. I don't like to single players out, but his attitude is honking. A number of times he could have been bursting a gut to get into the box yesterday and was almost at walking pace. There's a player in there, but he'll never play regular full-time football unless he's going to work hard. He left bringing Carter on too late, but I do understand why he took Duggan off. He looks laboured and it'd have been like playing with a man down in extra time if we'd managed to nick a leveller. Don Robertson had an absolute shocker, also.

Gutted that we didn't make it through. It would have been a great occasion for the club, but it wasn't to be. Best of luck to Peterhead in the final.

I should add, the searches and pat downs on the way in were way OTT. Genuinely heard a steward say, with a straight face, "Cannae take any chances after yesterday." Aye, mate. Islamic State have been sitting in Northern Syria plotting to attack the Petrofac Cup semi-final.

Archived