Heart of Midlothian v Dundee

Neilson is putting himself in a thankless position. He's done extremely well in getting Hearts up and where they are now. Even despite the fact that Rangers and Hibs were a shambles last season, the way Hearts ripped that league apart is impressive - you only have to look at our stint there to see how difficult it can become in that league.

To then be the 'best of the rest' with a team that isn't anything special is another massive achievement even if it is only November.

So when Hearts do get a disappointing result, it's magnified on him. I see similarities between him and Hartley because Hartley in many ways has made his own rod as well.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attendance 16,736 (BBC) capacity 17,529 - probably would have been a bigger crowd if Dees given the extra allocation after all

Capacity is just over 17,000. Doubt you could have got many more in.

Anyway what was your song "where were you when you were shite" all about?

We've been more or less selling out for the last few seasons including our relegation season where we were shit.

Capacity is just over 17,000. Doubt you could have got many more in.

Anyway what was your song "where were you when you were shite" all about?

We've been more or less selling out for the last few seasons including our relegation season where we were shit.

It was sung to upset hearts fans.

Mission accomplished by the looks of it...

Aye, having fans of the behemoth that is Dundee sing about crowd size is really going to upset people.

Maybe next time you can sing about all the trophies you have. :lol:

Oft. Mission accomplished, indeed.

Neilson is putting himself in a thankless position. He's done extremely well in getting Hearts up and where they are now. Even despite the fact that Rangers and Hibs were a shambles last season, the way Hearts ripped that league apart is impressive - you only have to look at our stint there to see how difficult it can become in that league.

To then be the 'best of the rest' with a team that isn't anything special is another massive achievement even if it is only November.

So when Hearts do get a disappointing result, it's magnified on him. I see similarities between him and Hartley because Hartley in many ways has made his own rod as well.

Agree completely. Robbie made a mistake with the subs yesterday but wider criticism of the job he's doing is ridiculous. His win record must be about the best of any Hearts manager with over 50 games.

Check out the post below from Paulo over on KB :lol:

I live in hope of him returning and saying "Deefiant, you were right."

Still waiting on the DABs admitting the same to be fair so I'm not holding my breath.

We're going to be picking up brain matter for weeks in this thread after Thundercats last couple of posts. Rattled by a song :lol:

Neilson's best achievement so far has been to assemble a good squad for our resources, one which is better than nine other teams in the league. Djoum sticks out as a great signing, exactly the sort of player the squad was missing.

Tactically he's questionable, though. That substitution yesterday was one example, the team selections away at Dundee and at home to Aberdeen this season and in some of the "bigger" games last season are others. Every so often he makes a decision that seems bizarre on the surface and I'm struggling to think of an instance where one of these bizarre selections has worked.

He's undeniably done a very good job so far but he does have flaws and criticism of these flaws is fair game.

Watched the game again this morning - first half Hearts dominated possession but didn't make much of it except for the goal, second half we were much brighter and get a deserve equaliser - enjoyable day out, surprised how negative the Hearts fans were given their results

Here's some pics from the game http://davidyoung.photoshelter.com/gallery/21-11-2015-Hearts-v-Dundee/G0000joPAFURl.EE/

Archived