• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's something so strangely wonderful about Bolo utterly eviscerating Gibson after his concession of the penalty. Wonderful. Love the big man's haste in getting involved in goal celebrations, too. Some boi.

As others have said, a great team performance yesterday, with some great individual performances - nobody had a bad game. Perhaps Gibson, but he didn't really have anything to do after the penalty he was at fault for. Gormley was the MotM for me, McGovern a close second. I'd be surprised if the former can walk today - he was gubbed even before that gut-bursting run to assist the fourth.

The only worries were Gibson's rush of blood to the head, Chris Smith not being suited to playing LB and Marko having a brief shaky spell after he was forced off. Even then, he recovered from it well in the second half.

If we were to sign any additional players, I'd like to see us bring in a left sided one. I'd be inclined to make it a natural full back, given Linton's performances as a winger in the last two games. I like Higgins, so I'm disappointed that he doesn't really fit into the system which has worked so well for us in the last two games. Wonder if we'll see a return to a back 3 at Berwick next week? It'd certainly be a good opportunity to do so, with Durie likely to start.

Berwicks pitch does NOT suit football....

This might sound odd but i would leave Young SF out nxt week and bring in big Marv and Durie in for him and Mitchell & get ready for a battle, Beautiful game and Shielfield just dont go if you aint been...

Seen better rugby pitches and less heavy, Stirling fans even mentioned last week grass very long aswell..

Shithole basically

fergie has just got his confidence back dropping him tells him when the going gets rough your dropped not for me go with the same team durie in for Mitchell big Marvin probably away in dubai again playing for a rangers legend team like when we were playing formartaine lol

Can't overstate what wee Fergie brings to the team, as I stated previously, I think he is a catalyst for the team, and when he is on form the whole team gets a lift.

If he can consistently maintain his current form and the likes of Gormley, Linton and the rest of the team can also keep performing I don't see why we can't mount a serious title challenge.

Is it as simple as playing him wide right as opposed to wide left?

Is it as simple as playing him wide right as opposed to wide left?

on Saturday both him and Linton swapped during the first half there is this idea nowadays that you have left footed players on the right and vica versa so they can cut inside but he did play predominantly on the right

one aspect of his play that I think has changed is his tracking back he worked so hard

all round excellent

on Saturday both him and Linton swapped during the first half there is this idea nowadays that you have left footed players on the right and vica versa so they can cut inside but he did play predominantly on the right

one aspect of his play that I think has changed is his tracking back he worked so hard

all round excellent

The only reason they swapped was due to one counter attack where Ferguson ended up on the left so Linton swapped to the right to cover. It was then just a few minutes until the next break in play when they were able to swap back.

A few belters from the Elgin City website report

"A cross was sent in to our penalty box and although Mark Hurst appeared to be fouled as he went for the ball, the referee allowed play to go on and J P McGovern finished it off with a good shot." It wasn't McGovern. He was nowhere near it. It was an own goal. Nearest Clyde player was the glorious Marko McLaughlin.

"After 25 minutes City hit the lead for the first time when a cross ball hit a Clyde defender’s hand." _ By Clyde player he obviously meant Elgin...Craig Gunn Daryl McHardyr specifically...

"City started the second half the same way as the first – on the back foot having lost a goal within 2 minutes. A huge kick-out from John Gibson was mishandled by Mark Hurst leaving Dave Gormley the easiest of opportunities to score" - You mean the Mark Hurst that got out-jumped superbly by Scott Ferguson to flick on. It wasn't that easy a chance either given the angle Gormley was when he scored.

It's great what a little unbeaten run can do for everyone and its great that most people are thinking positively again and some very valid points being made about the next game. For me I wouldn't leave anyone out of last Saturday's team except for Mitchell who is suspended and with a direct replacement in Durie I would think the team picks itself . Berwick pitch may not suit Ferguson but if it was a ploughed field the lad would be bursting to play after his performances in the last two games. If it does not work out for him at least the bench is strong now as well.

Berwicks pitch does NOT suit football....

This might sound odd but i would leave Young SF out nxt week and bring in big Marv and Durie in for him and Mitchell & get ready for a battle, Beautiful game and Shielfield just dont go if you aint been...

Whilst it's a valid point about the pitch not suiting his style I think you want your best players on the park regardless of the surface. Didn't Fergie play a great game at cliftonville last season on a poor surface?

To drop him for a carthorse like Andrews seems like a bad move on any surface!!

Fergie played good that day (0-2) i assume but not great like past two games or two season back....

He is a match winner, Entertainer and a very good talent, Just dont think their midden of a pitch would suit him. Hope im proved wrong as mentioned otherwise durie for fergie and Andrews for mitchell...

Anyone who aint been lately. Trust me

I would leave Fergie in the team as well. He created Gormley's goal, which was given as offside, all by himself and we need someday like that in the team.

I wouldn't have Andrews in the team unless we have to through injury. He is no doubt a good character to have a round but I think bolo, Marko and Smith are all better than him.

The one worry I have is Smith at left back he is just to slow and was caught off position several times on Saturday and just didn't have the legs to get back. Thankfully Elgin never made anything of it but if I was the opposition I would be looking to exploit that. He still had a good game mind you like the rest of the team.

Archived