Queens v Falkirk

Wasn't at the game yesterday unfortunately but would have taken a point before the game to keep us unbeaten in 5. Queens always seem to raise their game against us, whether it's because they think we are rivals or not I'm not sure. With that performance, does that change your outlook for the season Queens fans?

Yes, last season it was so weird how such a team as Falkirk F.C. managed to lower their game so often against us. Funny game football.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone clear up an incident that happened at the game yesterday because I don't know the answer although everyone around me was incensed by it? Marshall successfully shields the ball out for a goal kick. Muirhead then fouls Marshall.

I assumed because the foul happened after the ball had gone out that the goal kick would be awarded, as did everyone around me and everyone on the pitch. Instead we were awarded a free kick which Thomson proceeded to take nowhere near where the incident occurred. Smacked a bit of "look at me I'm in charge" from the referee. He certainly wasn't helped by his assistant at that side who did his best to remove himself completely from the game and avoid getting involved at all costs. I lost count but I think it was three blatant handballs he missed that would have been in clear view of him. Hardly game changing decisions, but the kind that make you concerned about his abilities should any big calls need to be made.

On Muirhead, is he always a foaming at the mouth mess or does he just save that for his games against Queens? He's looked like a red card waiting to happen every time I've seen him.

Pleasing as well to note that Baird appears to get himself more wound up by our fans than our fans do about him. The shot he ballooned into the Portland Drive terracing was a particular highlight. I'm not sure what the pantomime before our penalty was all about either, it was about as successful as anything else he did yesterday anyway.

Good support down from Falkirk . What was the official figure SD ?

370 Falkirk away fans

Can someone clear up an incident that happened at the game yesterday because I don't know the answer although everyone around me was incensed by it? Marshall successfully shields the ball out for a goal kick. Muirhead then fouls Marshall.

I assumed because the foul happened after the ball had gone out that the goal kick would be awarded, as did everyone around me and everyone on the pitch. Instead we were awarded a free kick which Thomson proceeded to take nowhere near where the incident occurred.

If the ball was already out then it would have been a goal kick. He gave a free kick because he thought the ball was still in play and hadn't crossed the goal-line when Muirhead committed the foul. From where I was I thought he was probably right but I was nowhere near it so you probably have a better idea than me. It was hardly worth getting incensed over though. Thomson takes a goal kick or takes a free kick about 20 - 25 yards further left. Doesn't really make much odds.

People like to get incensed at the football SD, you might have noticed over the years!

I don't think he blew the whistle until after the ball was out which is what caused the confusion. I didn't have a great view of it but it didn't look to me like there was any more going on than any other time you see a defender shielding it out in that fashion. I think Muirhead may have taken out his frustrations by pushing Marshall I'm not sure.

I heard Lyle in his post match interview saying that he doesn't know what Baird was trying to tell his keeper as Derek said he doesn't know which side he chooses until his run up and then just blasts the ball, so there's no way that the keeper would know either.

Pleasing as well to note that Baird appears to get himself more wound up by our fans than our fans do about him. The shot he ballooned into the Portland Drive terracing was a particular highlight. I'm not sure what the pantomime before our penalty was all about either, it was about as successful as anything else he did yesterday anyway.

Strange logic there...

Claim you lot don't bother that much about Baird then go on to ridicule him 3/4 of the paragraph.

A fair amount of chips on shoulders of the queens fans, a lot of you seem to have perhaps lost focus, by all accounts it's the best you have played for a while bar obviously the first 20-25 mins and I'd say majority if not all ffc acknowledged this

A much more physical Queens team than of last season, don't think a play off place is in reach for queens. The first 20 odd mins was probably the worst I've seen from a home team v us this season and the even tho you were on top for a large spell later, don't think you were making the most of our poor play.

Baird has been on an excellent goal scoring run so far this season. My concern was he'd get grief from our fans and it would only fire him up more to add to his tally. Instead it appears he was too focused on trying to "get it right up" us and put in a pretty average display. I actually heard more abuse directed at McHugh yesterday than Baird.

So yeah, my point still stands as I was talking about the game yesterday, not the P&B thread.

Thanks for playing (am I doing it right?).

Guest Back Post Misses

Just spoken to the FFCTV boys and as I suspected Russell was offside.

Watson has a groin strain and McHugh pulled a hamstring

I watched the highlights this morning and have no idea how the FFCTV guy said it was offside for sure. Their pictures didn't have the defender hoofing it forward and Russell in the same screen so you could not tell. He certainly was well ahead of the defender when it was in the air but the pictures couldn't confirm for sure either way for certain.

Baird has been on an excellent goal scoring run so far this season. My concern was he'd get grief from our fans and it would only fire him up more to add to his tally. Instead it appears he was too focused on trying to "get it right up" us and put in a pretty average display. I actually heard more abuse directed at McHugh yesterday than Baird.

So yeah, my point still stands as I was talking about the game yesterday, not the P&B thread.

Thanks for playing (am I doing it right?).

Baird more focused on queens fans than the queens fans are about him, tho you now appear to want be his psychologist...ok...

Strikers do have bad games, Baird has had a few this season, he also has had some MOM games. A striker can have an off game and one moment can make him a hero, Baird nearly had that yesterday, the shot that was tipped on to the bar which lead to the goal. Baird was quiet but to suggest he was quiet because he was more focused on queens fans is ridiculous

Baird more focused on queens fans than the queens fans are about him, tho you now appear to want be his psychologist...ok...

Strikers do have bad games, Baird has had a few this season, he absolutely hates Queens after getting sacked and he also has had some MOM games. A striker can have an off game and one moment can make him a hero, Baird nearly had that yesterday, the shot that was tipped on to the bar which lead to the goal. Baird was quiet but to suggest he was quiet because he was more focused on queens fans is ridiculous

contents removed

Thought Baird played yesterday like a striker with confidence. He was full of energy, running into spaces, holding and shielding the ball to allow others to link up and a couple of really deft back heels that almost resulted in goals and an eye for goal.

Never saw any of that when he played with us. Baird looked a better player yesterday than he ever did with us

Archived