The Outcome

What do you think will happen?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the authorities saying they'll not act until the legal case(s) are finished with this implies that they will at least consider sanctions if Rangers lose the case.

On the other hand the EBTs were in the accounts and were known to everybody back in the day. Why was there not an outcry back then? (Maybe there was and I just wasn't aware of it).

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the authorities saying they'll not act until the legal case(s) are finished with this implies that they will at least consider sanctions if Rangers lose the case.

On the other hand the EBTs were in the accounts and were known to everybody back in the day. Why was there not an outcry back then? (Maybe there was and I just wasn't aware of it).

The accounts were signed off by the SFA every year, yet we were apparently hiding them.

It became an "outcry" when the club was weakened. Couldn't defend itself and our green n grey cousins scented blood in the water.

To be fair, the Peterhead chairman has often made it pretty clear why he wanted Rangers in the 3rd, a sentiment he recently shared with us all on the radio again recently, he is far from being alone.

What a welcome we recieved too, from welcome messages on the roondaboots, PH fans wearing Rangers scarves and oor tunes belting out on the jukebox...superb.

'In his after match interview on radio Scotland, after securing a place in cup final, our fans won't know who to support if we meet Rangers, they don't call it the blootoon for nothing he laughed.'

That quote was the manager. That Peterhead has a large populance on Rangers supporters can probably be attributed to one thing - Peterhead prison and the policy of release into the community. B)

To be fair, the Peterhead chairman has often made it pretty clear why he wanted Rangers in the 3rd, a sentiment he recently shared with us all on the radio again recently, he is far from being alone.

Cool. At the moment we're discussing the matter of slipping "Rangers" into the SPL or the First - The Peterhead chairman didn't have a say in the matter.

Cool. At the moment we're discussing the matter of slipping "Rangers" into the SPL or the First - The Peterhead chairman didn't have a say in the matter.

Thought all sfl chairmen had a day in Rangers sfl position?

The accounts were signed off by the SFA every year, yet we were apparently hiding them.

It became an "outcry" when the club was weakened. Couldn't defend itself and our green n grey cousins scented blood in the water.

You can always tell when somebody is flailing, when they resort to pretending not to understand simple things that they do, in fact, understand perfectly well.

Eventually - but the bullying tactics were reserved for the votes regarding the SPL and the First.

But all of the SFL clubs got to vote on the level at which Rangers would enter that structure.

The vote on going into the First division was for all SFL clubs.

But all of the SFL clubs got to vote on the level at which Rangers would enter that structure. The vote on going into the First division was for all SFL clubs.

Aye - just Googled it to refresh my memory and I was wrong.

I think I'm getting mixed up with a meeting that was exclusively for the First Division Chairmen.

As Strichener says, you're absolutely right to apportion blame to the SPL clubs. What they attempted to pull off was spectacularly cynical. They wished to appease their own fans by not admitting Rangers. They wanted to minimise any perceived pain however, by bullying SFL clubs. They colluded with Reegan and Doncaster in pursuing this and I'm grateful that most SFL clubs responded with more guts than mine managed. This doesn't make what the governing bodies did, any more acceptable though.

It's still frustrating that, as I recall, Clyde and Raith Rovers put out phenomenal statements on the matter whereas Thistle's was a fairly neutral "we need to have a think about this" that iirc expressed a preference for admission to the then First Division. After getting some hefty backlash from pissed off fans via emails and posts on the unofficial forum etc. we put out a more firm statement that it wouldn't be fair to shunt them anywhere other than the 3rd division - if they had to be shunted in at all.

We've bent over and been ridden silly by our club ever since 2012.

1st it was said we voted for them in div 1 and not div 3.

Then we had a wee issue wi our match announcer for calling them sevco.

And to finish off we removed a St Andrews flag with Yes for being political and ignoring all the Sevco flags we dared not touch.

We are a classy club

And to finish off we removed a St Andrews flag with Yes for being political and ignoring all the Sevco flags we dared not touch.

We are a classy club

Yes, all of that was poor.

You didn't manage to behave as wankerishly as we did though.

Our former chairman was part of the Daily Record propaganda to get them into the First on the morning of the vote.

We voted for them to join the First.

We issued the most flawed and hole ridden justification for it shortly afterwards.

Our handling of it all was truly horrible.

Yes, all of that was poor. You didn't manage to behave as wankerishly as we did though. Our former chairman was part of the Daily Record propaganda to get them into the First on the morning of the vote. We voted for them to join the First. We issued the most flawed and hole ridden justification for it shortly afterwards. Our handling of it all was truly horrible.

Allow me to claim a place at the "Wanky Clubs" table, courtesy of our ginger blazer-seeking weasel of a chairman.

We are a classy club

Yes, all of that was poor. You didn't manage to behave as wankerishly as we did though. Our former chairman was part of the Daily Record propaganda to get them into the First on the morning of the vote. We voted for them to join the First. We issued the most flawed and hole ridden justification for it shortly afterwards. Our handling of it all was truly horrible.

Allow me to claim a place at the "Wanky Clubs" table, courtesy of our ginger blazer-seeking weasel of a chairman.

C'mon guys - at least we'll be spared the wrath of the 'Rangers' as they dish out justice to their 'enemies' ^_^

Yes, you can join, but I get to sit at the head of the table.

Your boys merely abstained.

We were the Wankers in Chief and you're not taking that away from us.

Archived