The Outcome

What do you think will happen?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I commend you boys for your staying power. I presume we're past the point of explanation now, and this is just all for the benefit of passers-by from abroad who might not understand why Rangers disappeared from the top division?

Anyway, nothing to happen, even if David Murray calls a press conference, stares straight down the barrel of the camera, and calmly states "I knowingly initiated a scheme of financial doping to enable the club I ran to obtain an unfair advantage against the other clubs - the other chairmen and blazers can get it right up them".

Nothing will happen. Not worth the hassle for the shitebags running our game tbh.

The reason nothing will happen is because there's no point chasing all of this up now, when the SPFL clearly knew about EBT's at the time every season ... then waited until many years later before trying to say it was wrong. If they tried to strip titles Rangers will oppose it as strong as we possibly can. If the SPFL did try to strip titles how are they going to suddenly whip at least 10 million prize monies to be re-distributed fairly with 'sporting integrity' out of thin air. Like Rangers say, a lot of clubs/people acted and treated the club unfairly in the 3rd Division + Admin period, but Rangers are prepared to put that behind us to work together for the better of Scottish Football, it would be negligent of club chairmen to pursue this as they should be focussing on their own clubs instead of pursuing a petty vandetta, for the good of Scottish Football.

Like Gough said, when CFC stopped RFC winning 10 in a row, their best player was Henrik. If Henrik was on an EBT would all of you be calling for title stripping for that trophy from CFC? I think we all know there wouldn't be a title stripping hunt if that was the case ...

I think it will happen. There is not statute of limitations on cheating. All of the clubs are keeping their powder dry until there is a final decision on the tax case. If as would seem likely it is upheld then there will be a lot of clubs looking for their pound of flesh. Newco will not be able to object because em... they are not the same club.

If the SPFL did try to strip titles how are they going to suddenly whip at least 10 million prize monies to be re-distributed fairly with 'sporting integrity' out of thin air.

Are you talking about the prize money won by the old club during the EBT years? There's nothing to recoup, and it would be mental for anyone to think that the other clubs would start demanding the SPFL pay out the money they might have been cheated out of. Absolutely mental.

Like Gough said, when CFC stopped RFC winning 10 in a row, their best player was Henrik. If Henrik was on an EBT would all of you be calling for title stripping for that trophy from CFC? I think we all know there wouldn't be a title stripping hunt if that was the case ...

Of course there would. Am I missing something, or is this just a dose of "yer aw secretly feenyins" paranoia? :huh:

Probably. The collection of their assets won't ever get to 54 though ;)

I think the collection of assets certainly does reach 54 chum, if you look in the Ibrox Trophy Room there are far more than 54 trophies and cups (assets) in there. In fact, there are so many that they don't all fit in the Trophy Room at the same time mate. How many assets do Inverness Caledonian Thistle have?

I think the collection of assetp s certainly does reach 54 chum, if you look in the Ibrox Trophy Room there are far more than 54 trophies and cups (assets) in there. In fact, there are so many that they don't all fit in the Trophy Room at the same time mate. How many assets do Inverness Caledonian Thistle have?

They are solvent.

One more asset than your dead sectarian Club.

And ICT continue to make a profit.

The reason nothing will happen is because there's no point chasing all of this up now, when the SPFL clearly knew about EBT's at the time every season ... then waited until many years later before trying to say it was wrong. If they tried to strip titles Rangers will oppose it as strong as we possibly can. If the SPFL did try to strip titles how are they going to suddenly whip at least 10 million prize monies to be re-distributed fairly with 'sporting integrity' out of thin air. Like Rangers say, a lot of clubs/people acted and treated the club unfairly in the 3rd Division + Admin period, but Rangers are prepared to put that behind us to work together for the better of Scottish Football, it would be negligent of club chairmen to pursue this as they should be focussing on their own clubs instead of pursuing a petty vandetta, for the good of Scottish Football.

Goughs argument of "What if" is probably the most laughable and the weakest of all arguments I have seen put forward. However, if you really want to go down that road you need to consider a few things.

Firstly, that Rangers employed wide use of EBT's and during that time could only match Celtic on a year to year basis. Both sides pretty much shared the honours.

Secondly, if Celtic had employed widespread use of EBT's in the way that Rangers did, logically you would have to conclude that they would have taken more titles than they did, given Rangers advantage when using them could only keep them level with Celtic. No EBT advantage either way would clearly see Celtic in a stronger position.

The conclusion to that is that if Celtic had been employing widespread use of EBT's, there is a very good chance they would be going for 15 in a row and Rangers fans everywhere would be squealing for the titles to be removed, with Gough squealing the loudest.

I think the collection of assets certainly does reach 54 chum, if you look in the Ibrox Trophy Room there are far more than 54 trophies and cups (assets) in there. In fact, there are so many that they don't all fit in the Trophy Room at the same time mate. How many assets do Inverness Caledonian Thistle have?

Well they have 1 more Scottish cup than your new club.

They also pay their bills.

Have fans who know how to behave.

They didn't try to dodge tax.

They didn't trash Manchester.

People aren't afraid when they're in town.

Most importantly they aren't scum

Well they have 1 more Scottish cup than your new club.

They also pay their bills.

Have fans who know how to behave.

They didn't try to dodge tax.

They didn't trash Manchester.

People aren't afraid when they're in town.

Most importantly they aren't scum

Compared to Rangers, Falkirk etc are like the grimy dirt under your toilet seat when you lift it up. Why don't you suck on a werthers original to get rid of all that bitterness you hold for Rangers and focus on your own club.

Goughs argument of "What if" is probably the most laughable and the weakest of all arguments I have seen put forward. However, if you really want to go down that road you need to consider a few things.

Firstly, that Rangers employed wide use of EBT's and during that time could only match Celtic on a year to year basis. Both sides pretty much shared the honours.

Secondly, if Celtic had employed widespread use of EBT's in the way that Rangers did, logically you would have to conclude that they would have taken more titles than they did, given Rangers advantage when using them could only keep them level with Celtic. No EBT advantage either way would clearly see Celtic in a stronger position.

The conclusion to that is that if Celtic had been employing widespread use of EBT's, there is a very good chance they would be going for 15 in a row and Rangers fans everywhere would be squealing for the titles to be removed, with Gough squealing the loudest.

you're deluded. EBT's didn't mean that Rangers benefitted by having a better squad. It meant that the Directors etc benefitted instead could invest less money in the squad to get the same result. It's not financial doping, especially when the SPL knew about EBT's and accepted Rangers used them every season in the period they were used. Anyone in the SPL could have used them at that time as they were fair game according to the SPL at the time. All's fair in competition rules when, the competition owners and organisers (The SPL) accepted they were within the rules at the time. Celtic used an EBT with Juninho. During the EBT period the amount of titles won was fairly evenly matched between Celtic and Rangers, so it was clearly not unfiar or unbalanced> If Rangers didn't use EBT's they would have still got star players of the same quality, it just means that the directors would have had to spend more at the time, or the club would have had to take on debt (of the amount EBT's saved, who knows) to sustain it for the period.

You can't grasp at straws to try change the rules of the competition years later, when Regan etc and the SPL accepted EBT's were fair at the time they were in use.

you're deluded. EBT's didn't mean that Rangers benefitted by having a better squad. It meant that the Directors etc benefitted instead could invest less money in the squad to get the same result. It's not financial doping, especially when the SPL knew about EBT's and accepted Rangers used them every season in the period they were used. Anyone in the SPL could have used them at that time as they were fair game according to the SPL at the time. All's fair in competition rules when, the competition owners and organisers (The SPL) accepted they were within the rules at the time. Celtic used an EBT with Juninho. During the EBT period the amount of titles won was fairly evenly matched between Celtic and Rangers, so it was clearly not unfiar or unbalanced

Do you actually believe what you write on here? Astonishing.

Archived