Wick v Linlithgow

FuzzyBear

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great performance in front of a crowd of approx 1500. I am sure that is one of the biggest attendances in that round. A great example of how teams like the Rose can bring excitement and glamour to the William Hill Scottish Cup and pull in the crowds

Getting the price at the gate is key and £8 and £4 shows that people will turn out for meaningful games at the right price

Possibly one of the worst refereeing displays I've ever seen. Has the game gone soft? I went as a neutral by the way. Before the sending off there wasn't much between the teams. Ref spoilt what would of been a decent game.

The ref had no option at the first sending off. Only the idiot making that type of tackle to blame

The number 12 was a tad lucky not to join his colleagues

Highland League - looks to be a poor league these days

The ref had no option at the first sending off. Only the idiot making that type of tackle to blame

The number 12 was a tad lucky not to join his colleagues

Highland League - looks to be a poor league these days

Was the boys 1st tackle and he was a fraction late, surely a yellow card?

You have got to be kidding... In the air..... Two footed..... Studs showing.....it ticked all the boxes for a red card. I thought the red was actually very good, tried to let the game flow, pulled it back if no advantage. If anything he was a tad lenient on the persistent fouling by the Wick players....some sympathy being shown perhaps?

From where I was stood it looked like a late, lunging, two footed tackle. Easily one which causes damage. 12 tried the same on coyne and fortunately missed and escaped punishment.

Irrespective if it's your first or tenth tackle, if it's a shocker like that then you leave the ref no option.

Any muppet claiming that the ref spoiled the game shld just try and get their head down on the bus back up north. Rose were far too strong tonight and got in behind the full backs at will which brought two of the first half goals.

HTG

Possibly one of the worst refereeing displays I've ever seen. Has the game gone soft? I went as a neutral by the way. Before the sending off there wasn't much between the teams. Ref spoilt what would of been a decent game.

It had all the makings of a great cup tie but afraid the ref had no choice to show the red card it was a two footed lunge from where I stood. Well done Linlithgow who were ruthless against 10 and then 9 men.

I heard the crowd was 1600.

It had all the makings of a great cup tie but afraid the ref had no choice to show the red card it was a two footed lunge from where I stood. Well done Linlithgow who were ruthless against 10 and then 9 men.

I heard the crowd was 1600.

Crowd was 1600

What was it really?

This has to be a wind up. A very obvious straight red.

Want to see the highlights but I thought the 2nd red was a bit dodgy as from 60 yards away it looked like he had been fouled.

Nah, second red was right in front of us fuzzy and Leiper never touched him. Tom Daley would have been proud of the dive and you could tell he knew what he'd done as he didn't get up to protest....

Great result for the Rose. Long journey home for the first player to get sent off - thought Wick were looking good until that, especially the big number 9, who was causing a few problems. Big crowd for a big game under the lights in December - brilliant stuff. Seemed to spend most of the game bumping into guys I haven't seen for a few years.

Scoreline flatters us a wee bit because any team down to 9 is on a hiding to nothing and our fourth (?) was offside, but the lino was behind play and missed it. Some great goals though, especially Baptie's.

No 9 is Gary 'Chuckie' Weir who's been with Wick for 14 years. Had a great battle over the two games with Whitehill's two centre halves Nikki Murray and Ross Nisbet. Sam Mackay 23 who scored last night really impressed us too when we played them and won goal of the round. Finally their usual no 10 is Richard Macadie but he was benched last night.

I wasn't really bothered who won but Campbell's shocker of a challenge really spoiled it for the neutral as I was looking forward to extra time and penalties :lol:

Great chance now against Forfar...

Archived