Wick v Linlithgow

FuzzyBear

14. Number of Players and Substitutes

Except for the circumstances described within Rule 22(a), a team shall consist of eleven players and is permitted to list a minimum of 5 substitutes up to a maximum of 7, of whom not more than 3 may take part in the match. The team list must include 2 recognised goalkeepers, one of whom must be named as a substitute.

The players in a team may be changed from match to match, but a club may not play, or list as a named substitute, any player who, in the same season, has already played, or been a named substitute, for another club in the Competition. (Rule 34.1 (b) refers).

Would seem at face value that Wick have a grounds for a protest but unlikely to be viewed grounds for removing a team from the competition. The mostly likely outcome is a fine or slap on the wrist.

i

One would have to read Rule 22 (a) to rule on the junior club's compliance.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do Wick fans not get a say on here ?

Wick aren't afraid to show Southern pansies how to play football on a two dimensional pitch, and what's the point of raising the issue with the SFA if the penalty is a fine rather than a bye for Wick?

Do people actually a thing like no having enough players on the bench would get past the likes of davie roy and les donaldson.

know who my money would be on.

I know of one major admin clusterfuck made by the rose that could have led to massive consequences a few year back.And no I'm not saying what it was.So I wouldn't put my money on anybody.

Rose right back basically flogged the late goal playing the scorer onside for no apparent reason.

He certainly wasn't marking anyone.

Any more mishaps fae the Rose,can I ask you as a neutral who you'd like to see win the replay,cheers.

Archived