Playoff Picture 2015

Spain

Just a couple of days until Thanksgiving and no Playoff Picture thread yet?

As it stands..........

AFC

1- New England Patriots (East).......10-0
2- Cincinnati Bengals (North)............8-2
3- Denver Broncos (West)................8-2
4- Indianapolis Colts (South)............5-5
------------------------------------------------------------
5- Pittsburgh Steelers........................6-4
6- Kansas City Chiefs........................5-5

Houston Texans, Buffalo Bills, New York Jets (5-5)

Oakland Raiders, Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins (4-6)

The Patriots continue to dominate despite injuries; when you look at their remaining schedule a win over the Broncos this week and you would bet on them going undefeated during the regular season. If results go their way, the Patriots could seal the East this week.

The Bengals solid start to the season has stuttered the last couple of weeks, but they still look good for the North, with the Steelers a couple of wins behind.

The Broncos are 3 wins clear of the Chiefs but their form is disappearing a bit of late and the Chiefs have been in devastating form the last few weeks, including a comprehensive win over the Broncos. The Broncos face the Patriots this week while the Chiefs play the Bills.

The Colts currently hold the 4th seed in the AFC despite a poor start to the season and an injury to Andrew Luck. Their form has picked up a little just in time to keep a resurgent Texans behind them, whose recent form is 4-1, but only due to the head-to-head record.

NFC

1- Caroline Panthers (South)........10-0

2- Arizona Cardinals (West)............8-2
3- Green Bay Packers (North).........7-3
4- New York Giants (East)...............5-5
----------------------------------------------------------
5- Minnesota Vikings........................7-3
6- Atlanta Falcons............................6-4
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Seattle Seahawks (5-5)

Washington Redskins, St Louis Rams, Philadelphia Eagles, New Orleans Saints, Chicago Bears (4-6)

Cam Newton and the Panthers are having a fantastic season and are a shoe-in for a place in the playoffs. Despite 2 games to play still against their Divisional Rivals the Atlanta Falcons, the Panthers could tie this up in their first meeting in a couple of weeks.

The Cardinals are taking advantage of a stuttering Seahawks and an otherwise weak division to march towards the playoffs. They could have this wrapped up before they meet the Seahawks again on the final day of regular season.

The North has the closest competition of the NFC with the Packers taking the lead only on their head-to-head after beating the Vikings this week. The Packers form has been up and down a bit of late, including some lucky escapes. MVP Aaron Rodgers has struggled to get his offence to click.

The Giants have had a strange season so far. A mixture of "could've and should've's" has seen them slip to 5-5 when better time management, play calling and a little bit of luck could have had them at 9-1. So close, so many times, with some of the mistakes almost unforgivable. With that said though, they will likely win the East with little resistance from their rivals.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atlanta Falcons are 6-4. Bucs are only 1 game behind 8)

Noted, was also strewn with spelling mistakes :ph34r:

Its hard to look past the Patriots but I'd like to see the Cards or Panthers win it.

Reckon that will be the NFC title game.

I'd agree, although it's all about form at the right time. I'd probably rather see the Cards win than Cam Newton though.

Massive game in Seattle this weekend, you'd imagine of the potential wildcard teams the only ones likely to have a run at it would be Seahawks or Steelers.

Patriots shouldn't have much bother reaching the Superbowl imo, Bengals have looked much poorer than their record suggests when I've watched them. There's an argument to be made that 6th in the AFC would be better than 5th as you'd avoid the Patriots till the conference final.

Massive game in Seattle this weekend, you'd imagine of the potential wildcard teams the only ones likely to have a run at it would be Seahawks or Steelers.

Patriots shouldn't have much bother reaching the Superbowl imo, Bengals have looked much poorer than their record suggests when I've watched them. There's an argument to be made that 6th in the AFC would be better than 5th as you'd avoid the Patriots till the conference final.

playoff schedule is #1 seed plays the lowest winning seed from WC round so #6 would be guaranteed to get the #1 seed aka the Patriots in the divisional round if they won. This is what happened to the Ravens last year.

The team from the Capital disagrees. Holding so far the first 4 tie breaks.

:lol: Yeah, I didn't see that coming. Interesting division now.

But more importantly...

We've slipped into a playoff spot! Yay!

AFC

1- New England Patriots (East).......10-1

2- Cincinnati Bengals (North)............9-2

3- Denver Broncos (West).................9-2

4- Indianapolis Colts (South).............6-5

5- Kansas City Chiefs.......................6-5

6- Houston Texans...........................6-5

New York Jets, Pittsburgh Steelers (6-5)

Oakland Raiders, Buffalo Bills (5-6)

Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins (4-7)

Baltimore Ravens (3-7) [yet to play this week]

NFC

1- Carolina Panthers (South)........11-0

2- Arizona Cardinals (West)............9-2

3- Minnesota Vikings (North)...........8-3

4- Washington Redskins (East).......5-6

5- Green Bay Packers.....................7-4

6- Seattle Seahawks........................6-5

Atlanta Falcons (6-5)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New York Giants, Chicago Bears (5-6)

I've left out the teams more than 2 games off the pace at the moment just to save time.

When you see some of these records its a head scratcher where their wins came from.

Atlanta for example!

From what I've seen, they key to Atlanta now that Freeman is out is whether you can contain Julio Jones or not. Sadly, our D just wasn't at the races when we faced them. On current form, it could have been a completely different game.

I'm sure that happens plenty. Can't even blame auto-correct as I did it on a pc. :ph34r:

This is just my opinion of course but I think there playing the best football in the league. I have them favourites ahead of the Patriots to win it all

AFC race seems more open to me, though I'd caveat that with saying I think Kansas will take one of the wild card slots, their remaining schedule is

@ OAK

vs SD

@ BAL

vs CLE

vs OAK

Big HTH games are Pittsburgh vs Indy this weekend and Indy vs Houston in week 15. Much as I'd like to see Buffalo vs the Jets in week 17 in 3 feet of snow as a shootout for the final wild card slot, I can't.

NFC looks like Seattle and whoever comes second out of GB and Minnesota will take the 2 WC slots, only thing up for grabs is the East.

AFC race seems more open to me, though I'd caveat that with saying I think Kansas will take one of the wild card slots, their remaining schedule is

@ OAK

vs SD

@ BAL

vs CLE

vs OAK

Big HTH games are Pittsburgh vs Indy this weekend and Indy vs Houston in week 15. Much as I'd like to see Buffalo vs the Jets in week 17 in 3 feet of snow as a shootout for the final wild card slot, I can't.

NFC looks like Seattle and whoever comes second out of GB and Minnesota will take the 2 WC slots, only thing up for grabs is the East.

KC are on a terrific run. 5 wins on the spin and Smith hadn't thrown at INT in 7 games going into last night.

I'd agree with all of that. I think everyone currently in a playoff spot will end up post-season, including us and the Colts riding it out.

Panthers over Cards and Pats over Broncos again, with the Panthers winning overall.

Archived