How about the race for the number 1 pick..... As it stands

1- Titans (3-10)

2- Browns (3-10)

3- Chargers (3-10)

4- Cowboys (4-9)

5- 49ers (4-9)

6- Lions (4-9)

7- Ravens (4-9)

The Bears, Saints, Dolphins, Rams and Jags all have 5-8 records.

Maybe but the Browns might pip them. I'd hate have their last three.

@Seahawks

@Chiefs

v Steelers

Titans are woeful but might sneak the Texans. Not likely I know but still.

I'm fairly comfident. JJ (and Clowney this time) up against that O-Line should prove pretty fun - there was next to no protection last time.

There could be a lot of things decided this week. The NFC playoff teams will likely all be confirmed with the exception of the East champions. I think the Cowboys will bow out of that race this week though. Other than that it'll just be a shuffling of the seedings in the last two weeks between the Packers, Vikings & Seahawks.

The Bengals will likely tie up their playoff spot in the AFC this week. With the Broncos @ Steelers likely to go a long way in deciding whether the Steelers make it through. If the Steelers win this, you'd fancy their chances of a wildcard spot at the Jets expense. If the Broncos lose, with a game against the Bengals the week after, a soft schedule for the Chiefs could see the Broncos slip to a Wildcard spot. The AFC South is wide open, all three have fairly light run-ins or head-to-heads with each other:

Colts: v Texans, @ Dolphins, v Titans

Texans: v Colts, @ Titans, v Jags

Jags: v Falcons, @ Saints, @ Texans.

All of those Jags games could easily be all W's or all L's whereas the Texans @ Colts game on Sunday will probably go a long way in deciding this, with the Colts currently holding the H2H over the Texans. My prediction? Texans to win out.

Only change in the 12 yesterday was the Steelers win putting them ahead of the Jets, if the Steelers win out then they are through, and their last 2 games are at Baltimore and Cleveland so you'd fancy them to do that.

Elsewhere in the AFC, Patriots clinched a bye and Bengals at least a wild card though they need one more win or Steelers loss to ensure the division. In the West, Kansas are only a game back of the Broncos and if both teams end up 11-5 (ie the Chiefs win 2 and Broncos 1) then the Chiefs will have the tiebreaker on divisional record- the Broncos still have to play the Bengals next week.

In the South, Houston now in charge, I'm sure I heard at some point last night if they win next week they're in, but I can't quite get that to add up- might be strength of schedule or something if so.

NFC

4 of the 6 teams are now known- Carolina, Arizona, Green Bay, and Seattle who are likely to finish as 1,2,3, and 5 seeds respectively. Minnesota are almost there and need only one more win or one more Atlanta loss to make sure.

East is a bit more simple now, as yer man above says if Washington beat Philly next week they're in- worst they can finish with is a 3-3 division record which the Giants can't better and the Skins have the conference record tiebreaker in the bag.

if not then the Eagles would have a chance to get to a 4-2 division record with a win over the Giants in week 17. Giants need to win their last 2 and the Redskins to lose their last 2.

Essentially it's still in both the Skins and the Eagles hands, which makes next week's game between the two a cracker.

In the South, Houston now in charge, I'm sure I heard at some point last night if they win next week they're in, but I can't quite get that to add up- might be strength of schedule or something if so.

Yep, we have strength of victory over both the Colts & Jags. That win over Cincinnati really making a difference. Amazing when you think back to us being at 1-5 earlier in the season.

Only change in the 12 yesterday was the Steelers win putting them ahead of the Jets, if the Steelers win out then they are through, and their last 2 games are at Baltimore and Cleveland so you'd fancy them to do that.

Elsewhere in the AFC, Patriots clinched a bye and Bengals at least a wild card though they need one more win or Steelers loss to ensure the division. In the West, Kansas are only a game back of the Broncos and if both teams end up 11-5 (ie the Chiefs win 2 and Broncos 1) then the Chiefs will have the tiebreaker on divisional record- the Broncos still have to play the Bengals next week.

Think the Broncos lose out to both Jets and Steelers on tiebreakers if we're on the same record. This is the only route to the playoffs for the Jets now IMO.

Think the Broncos lose out to both Jets and Steelers on tiebreakers if we're on the same record. This is the only route to the playoffs for the Jets now IMO.

Correct- if Jets win out and finish 11-5 then they only won't qualify if all of KC, PIT, and DEN win out too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived