Bombing Syria

ICTJohnboy

I think this is most bitter I've been towards no voters since last years referendum. I know I really shouldn't equate this vote with that, but when you've got 72% of scots who don't want war and 97% of our MPs voting against it... I don't know. Just a horrible moment. We're literally being dragged into a war against the will of a huge majority of people who live in this country.

I might go down to Westminster and boo at the building.

The UK's relevance to the Syrian crisis is about as relevant as 1320Lichtie is to any P&B thread

4bUV7Ls.gif

Every post I've seen of yours has been slating me, actually feel sorry for being a bit of a c**t to MrCat who genuinely seems quite sound, should've been asking who the f**k you were.. :ph34r:

I find it genuinely astonishing that anyone could support more British military action in the Middle East after our recent ventures, and knowing the deceit that was employed to garner support for it.

Even if miraculously ISIS was declared defeated in a few months, do we all just withdraw and start talking politics? No chance. All parties will stick around and continue the proxy war, backing all sides and having a few 'accidents' along the way, until Syria is like Libya with basically no functioning government or infrastructure. ISIS are officially defeated, but the same fighters are still around under different banners fighting each other, and us, and Iran, Saudi joins in, etc etc.

We can only hope for such a glorious victory for the forces of good.