Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

7 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Stunned that Ghost of BURP is a seething mess after yesterday's fucking non event emoji23.png

Seriously,  how do you manage  to maintain a regular  presence on this thread? It has the most unhinged posters anywhere. It's  tiring to read.

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Seriously,  how do you manage  to maintain a regular  presence on this thread? It has the most unhinged posters anywhere. It's  tiring to read.

The key is to skim (or ignore) the long rants and just enjoy the angry "da" stuff. Seeing the hopes of desperate yoons being crushed is also fairly pleasing. 

I wonder if any on either side has ever persuaded anyone that they are right?Or if any have changed the mind of an independence/unionism doubter?

You'd leave a pub if they came in or get off the bus and walk rather than listen to them.

@Day of the Lords

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I wonder if any on either side has ever persuaded anyone that they are right?Or if any have changed the mind of an independence/unionism doubter?

You'd leave a pub if they came in or get off the bus and walk rather than listen to them.

@Day of the Lords

In short, probably not. I very much doubt anyone is changing stance from Pro-Indy to Pro-yoon on the basis of this pish. A handful of votes might go from SNP to Green perhaps but that's about it. Unless NS somehow completely fucks her side of the story on Weds when being questioned by political heavyweights Alex Cole-Hamilton, Jackie Baillie and Murdo fucking Fraser then nothing is going to happen. 

This is just going to be a repeat of the end of Salmond's court case with really disappointed yoons/journos all over the place. 

Personally, I’d like to thank him for making sure that the independence vote is a little more emphatic.....
My thoughts exactly when I read this, Ross has shot from the lip and this is likely to have exactly the opposite effect from what he intends. You've got to laugh at the party that continually lectures others about 'getting on with the day job' spending so much time rolling about in the gutter.

During Alex Salmond's trial his defense lawyer used the words unacceptable, Inappropriate and he should have been a better man. Salmond himself admitted in an interview that he made many mistakes.

All women, and that's our Mothers, Sisters and Daughters, know full well the meaning unacceptable/inappropriate behaviour by a male means as many have been subjected to such behaviour whether verbal or physical.

He was asked yesterday about the Edinburgh Airport incident but the convener said he did not have to answer as he was not on trial, he didn't answer, yet this incident was not raised during his trial.

There was mention of an apology he made to a woman after his "unacceptable behaviour" with her, again this was knocked back even though he had admitted that this was the case.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

During Alex Salmond's trial his defense lawyer used the words unacceptable, Inappropriate and he should have been a better man. Salmond himself admitted in an interview that he made many mistakes.

All women, and that's our Mothers, Sisters and Daughters, know full well the meaning unacceptable/inappropriate behaviour by a male means as many have been subjected to such behaviour whether verbal or physical.

He was asked yesterday about the Edinburgh Airport incident but the convener said he did not have to answer as he was not on trial, he didn't answer, yet this incident was not raised during his trial.

There was mention of an apology he made to a woman after his "unacceptable behaviour" with her, again this was knocked back even though he had admitted that this was the case.

Why would they be discussing that at this meeting though? It's wholly irrelevant. 

With absolute arrogance Salmond claimed the the Scottish Government leadership had failed Scotland, isn't it really the case that the SG failed Alex Salmond, in his mind, because they rightly refused him mediation with the women?

To me he abused what he saw as his right to directly approach the FM asking for mediation, at that point he was a member of the public and not in office. would I or you have the nerve to ask the government to intervene in a case against us.

Why did he think he was a special case when there many many cases before the courts on Sexual Harrassment.

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

With absolute arrogance Salmond claimed the the Scottish Government leadership had failed Scotland, isn't it really the case that the SG failed Alex Salmond, in his mind, because they rightly refused him mediation with the women?

To me he abused what he saw as his right to directly approach the FM asking for mediation, at that point he was a member of the public and not in office. would I or you have the nerve to ask the government to intervene in a case against us.

Why did he think he was a special case when there many many cases before the courts on Sexual Harrassment.

He said he asked for mediation because of the shitstorm it would cause if he didn't  and he thought they were making an arse of the process. He was correct on both counts and it cost the tax payer over 600k

He said he was no angel, not that he was raging sex pest
There was no evidence to suggest that women were to be kept away from him, it is one of the parts of the trial that unravelled the fastest. 
Again, no fan of Salmond but folk need to stick to facts rather than regurgitate lies and half truths  
"Sleepy cuddles", "touchy feely type of guy", described as a "creep" by his own defence and admitted a "sexual dalliance" after a boozy dinner.

He's a sex pest, pretty much self admitted.

5 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Why would they be discussing that at this meeting though? It's wholly irrelevant. 

This whole debacle stemmed from  Alex Salmond being accused of sexual harassment, of which he was found innocent though his defense did mention there had been poor behaviour on his part.

So then we have Alex Salmond in committee accusing the Scottish Government of mishandling his case but the mention of two incidents, one in 2007, which were not mentioned at his trial cannot be discussed.

The relevance is that the Scottish Government and all political parties were aware of his behaviour, even my family was at grass roots level, and when he asked for mediation it is more than possible that he was refused  on the basis of what was known at that time, so he should have answered.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Pretty much just your interpretation of what he said to suit your opinion

He said he was no angel and that he broke no laws, if he was a sex pest, that sounds illegal so he didn't pretty much admit it. 

Again, just the facts 

7 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

This whole debacle stemmed from  Alex Salmond being accused of sexual harassment, of which he was found innocent though his defense did mention there had been poor behaviour on his part.

So then we have Alex Salmond in committee accusing the Scottish Government of mishandling his case but the mention of two incidents, one in 2007, which were not mentioned at his trial cannot be discussed.

The relevance is that the Scottish Government and all political parties were aware of his behaviour, even my family was at grass roots level, and when he asked for mediation it is more than possible that he was refused  on the basis of what was known at that time, so he should have answered.

I don't think I've got the energy to explain why a parliamentary committee set up to investigate wrong doing by the SG and their handling of the case would not focus on doing a retrial of the man who was acquitted, at the expense of the tax payer because of the aforementioned mishandling of the case.

It's beyond absurd. 

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

"Sleepy cuddles", "touchy feely type of guy", described as a "creep" by his own defence and admitted a "sexual dalliance" after a boozy dinner.

Exactly, if he had been just a normal MSP none of this committee nonsense would be in progress, but because of his high profile the other parties foolishly think this will bring the SNP down, they can dream on, if they can't beat the SNP at elections they are not going to do it with a daft committee.