Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Unless she distanced herself from the whole thing due to her relationship with Salmond, left it to Evans to deal with and she has made a complete James Hunt of it, I can't see how she will come out of this without sacking 4-5 folk including her husband. 

I don't get why haven't they been sacked yet. 

Or demoted or something. They were all great and nobody made any mistakes.

Were people expecting a text from Nicola saying

"It was me ya fat beast"?

The pertinent points are where their accounts differ and the allegations of revealing the complainant at the start to Salmond camp, oh aye and Murrel and his police pressuring.

Pretty much none of this can be proven and it doesn't mean much til Nicola details why she is correct (if she is) the evidence used today has been available so again I don't know where these "smoking gun" claims come from. I for one wasn't expecting Salmond to offer anything new, as far as I'm aware that's not even possible for such a hearing. Perhaps this was egged on by media outlets taking notice of the story I dunno I cant recall anyone on here saying "just you wait til Salmond speak etc.." if they have then there will be receipts and they can be held accountable for such claims..

The word conspiracy generally gets used in this conversation by people trying to downplay the mistakes made by government/top officials. Salmond himself made the point clear he wasn't claiming any conspiracy. 

Edited by Stormzy

The pertinent points are where their accounts differ and the allegations of revealing the complainant at the start to Salmond camp, oh aye and Murrel and his police pressuring.
Pretty much none of this can be proven and it doesn't mean much til Nicola details why she is correct (if she is) the evidence used today has been available so again I don't know where these "smoking gun" claims come from. I for one wasn't expecting Salmond to offer anything new, as far as I'm aware that's not even possible for such a hearing. Perhaps this was egged on by media outlets taking notice of the story I dunno I cant recall anyone on here saying "just you wait til Salmond speak etc.." if they have then there will be receipts and they can be held accountable for such claims..
The word conspiracy generally gets used in this conversation by people trying to downplay the mistakes made by government/top officials. Salmond himself made the point clear he wasn't claiming any conspiracy. 
You should tell BARP that.

It's down to a he said she said argument.

If it were a court of law with evidence there would be a not guilty or not proven verdict.

The one thing this has shown is that politicians are probably the worst people to investigate other politicians.

Caught Mark Austin interviewing Ruth Davidson earlier.

MA - So, should Nicola Sturgeon resign?

RD - Well, first of all, she should get the opportunity to tell her side of the story, which she will next week. It's important she gets that chance. But yes, theoretically,  she should resign, as its likely she broke the ministerial code.

MA - But Priti Patel broke the ministerial code,  she hasn't had to resign.

RD - that's a Westminster issue, so it was up to MPs to resolve that issue. I'm not an MP, so I don't have an opinion on that matter.

Caught Mark Austin interviewing Ruth Davidson earlier.
MA - So, should Nicola Sturgeon resign?
RD - Well, first of all, she should get the opportunity to tell her side of the story, which she will next week. It's important she gets that chance. But yes, theoretically,  she should resign, as its likely she broke the ministerial code.
MA - But Priti Patel broke the ministerial code,  she hasn't had to resign.
RD - that's a Westminster issue, so it was up to MPs to resolve that issue. I'm not an MP, so I don't have an opinion on that matter.
A corpulent snivelling coward as she always has been [emoji23]

Perhaps if Salmond was permitted to submit everything he and his legal team wanted to produce, sans redactions, then opinions given above might alter.  However, he wasn't and Sturgeon must be given the same opportunities to give her side of things on Wednesday.

Seems like, irrespective of what is said on Wednesday, there are those on here who've already decided which one is the good guy and who is the bad guy.  I'll reserve my judgement till Wednesday night.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Would you accept being labelled a pervert or potentially jailed?

Well clearly I wouldn't, no.

Then again I haven't spent nearly forty years trying to lead a country to independence only to then potentially destroy that chance because really all along it's been all about me.

I simply don't believe that this is a grand conspiracy against Salmond. I think a lot more of it is to do with the fact that he doesn't get to lead the drive towards independence anymore.

In his shoes I'd retire quietly, and count my lucky stars. But clearly I'm not in his shoes.

This isn't about Sturgeon v's Salmond, no matter how the media try to dress it up. For all his faults, I thought Eck was pretty unequivocal today in making it clear that his ire is overwhelmingly reserved for other parties involved.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Imagine dedicating your entire life to a cause then attacking it because your ego couldn't handle getting caught misbehaving.

The snp would be finished here if there was a viable alternative. I'm voting for them purely for the independence chance. They can all do one afterwards.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, tirso said:
Agreed she was in a hard position politically but it looks like she has covered up when she knew to protect herself from difficult questions.  Unless you believe she was not told by her civil service for 4 months which I think stretches credulity.    
I really like Sturgeon and I'm sure she'll come out fighting but there is hard circumstantial evidence of a cover up of a cock up at best.  There's clear evidence of her civil service acting badly in the Judicial review at her direction.  The whole thing about arbitration not being originally included in a policy is a fair point to raise; it isn't asking for a sweep under which is how she's tried to charactarise it (and how I saw it until today).
it might be a damp squib to most but there's enough in there for me to think less of the civil service and Sturgeon.  I'm looking forward to her side of the story.  I also think anyone trying to portray this as a loony Salmond conspiracy story just needs to watch the committee.  He's been very adroit and evidence based.  it would be churlish to say otherwise.
Apart from this actual matter, I did hope Sturgeon was above simple and obvious lying.  I know that's probably too high a hope for any politician though!

It's a moot point about arbitration specific to his case. He was accused of attempted rape (two counts) ffs, you can't arbitrate in a case of that gravity whether the organisations complaints policy allows for it or not.

The committee's remit IS specific about this case though and it's handling.  That's the specific point of it.  It's not a moot point, it's part of the case that it was mishandled. The characterisation he asked for it to be swept away is unfair in that context.  There are other interpretations of course.

I do take your point though.

Edited by tirso

Imagine dedicating your entire life to a cause then attacking it because your ego couldn't handle getting caught misbehaving.
The snp would be finished here if there was a viable alternative. I'm voting for them purely for the independence chance. They can all do one afterwards.

I think you’re confusing independence with anarchy, tbh......

8 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

He's not "attacking Independence". 

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

He's not "attacking Independence". 

Not directly but he's ruined his image, the first ministers and half the snp. This is a major problem for them but will get away with it because there's nobody else. 

The general public won't see it how hes calling it. They will see it for what it is, a bunch of self serving egomaniacs who are shooting themselves in the foot. There's going to be dirt on them all here.

40 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Then again I haven't spent nearly forty years trying to lead a country to independence only to then potentially destroy that chance because really all along it's been all about me.

I simply don't believe that this is a grand conspiracy against Salmond. I think a lot more of it is to do with the fact that he doesn't get to lead the drive towards independence anymore.

He is making it all about him by defending himself against these allegations? He’s obviously a narcissist then.......

if you spent 40 years building something and then the people you supported for years conspire, in your eyes, to try and put you in jail, what would be your focus after that? 

I get that you don’t like Salmond, I’m not keen on him either but I am not so blinkered that I ignore reality

33 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

I simply don't believe that this is a grand conspiracy against Salmond. 

You have to either believe that the complainers who were communicating as a group conspired or that the multiple unconnected defence witnesses who destroyed several of their accounts are lying. One is far more likely than the other. It's similar to the Tommy Sheridan saga in that regard.

Also taking into account the hugely illegal civil service investigation, the leaks to the Record, Sturgeon misremembering, the performances of Murrell and Evans at the committee and the actions of the Lord Advocate the Sturgeon clique are acting very peculiarly for people with nothing to hide. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He is making it all about him by defending himself against these allegations? He’s obviously a narcissist then.......

if you spent 40 years building something and then the people you supported for years conspire, in your eyes, to try and put you in jail, what would be your focus after that? 

I get that you don’t like Salmond, I’m not keen on him either but I am not so blinkered that I ignore reality

This is what I'm saying, they're all at it here. Salmond with his narcisstic denial, sturgeon orchestrating a witch hunt to gain a political advantage and several other members joining in. All friends and colleagues. They're ruined.

10 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

This is what I'm saying, they're all at it here. Salmond with his narcisstic denial, sturgeon orchestrating a witch hunt to gain a political advantage and several other members joining in. All friends and colleagues. They're ruined.

Don't talk shite the MSM seen this as a chance to take down democracy as they can't square the hatred of Westminster and the whole Etonian Empire with little Scotland telling them to bolt. Salmonds testimony even highlighted this, he wasn't happy about the way he was treated but he also mentioned that it wasn't a resigning issue for Sturgeon and mentioned the double standards of the Tory yoons.

No their not ffs. Have the Tory's died as a result the of all their proven sleaze for decades. Are they f**k, they are in number 10

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

We've had 8 months of headlines talking about 'Salmond's bombshell evidence'.  And by the way, Nicola Sturgeon is not on trial.

Never has been, never will be.....despite the desperation of the media, and of Unionists. 

What we've had so far is Salmond's opinion, whether it's fact or not, we might find out later or we might not.