Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

And Salmond flushes any serious breach of the Ministerial Code down the toilet.

No evidence that Nicola Sturgeon knew anything about specific allegations before the meeting on the 29th of March. And no evidence of what was actually discussed on the 29th of March.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

No evidence that Nicola Sturgeon knew anything about specific allegations before the meeting on the 29th of March. And no evidence of what was actually discussed on the 29th of March.
I was about to post exactly the same but couldn't quite believe he had just said that. Did NS know before the meeting with Aberdein....I don't know, you need to ask her !

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Do you not think they might be waiting to see what Sturgeon says then put the evidence out rather than giving her time to move the goalposts?

There is a lot more evidence than has been allowed to be heard here. Given how interested Neil and the Spectator are it wouldn't be a surprise if they publish it. 

Do you not think they might be waiting to see what Sturgeon says then put the evidence out rather than giving her time to move the goalposts?
There is a lot more evidence than has been allowed to be heard here. Given how interested Neil and the Spectator are it wouldn't be a surprise if they publish it. 
It has to be the tactic as this is just wishy washy pish.

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Nicola Sturgeon has locked in her evidence. She stood before parliament and clarified that the April 2nd meeting was the first time she knew substantial details of the complaints against Salmond. And that the 29th of March meeting was solely for the purposes of arranging the April 2nd meeting.

So it doesn't seem to me like Nicola can move the goalposts here.

Perhaps you should ask if there is more evidence to be published then why hasn't the Spectator already published it?

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

😂

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

The worry was never what Salmond would or could supply today, because he's got nothing on key figures, it's the way the media will now frame and hound Sturgeon without batting an eye at what's going on down South.

What's happening elsewhere has f... all all to do with SNP's wee domestic, a touch of green/blue whitabootery there.

Edited by AlbionMan

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:
Would you accept being labelled a pervert or potentially jailed?

He basically labelled himself a pervert to avoid being jailed, part of his defence was being a "touchy feely" type of guy !

There is being inappropriate and there is rape, What he admitted to was being inappropriate. Both are wrong but they are also miles apart. 

I am not trying to defend Salmond, but looking at the whole situation without picking a side, He was accused, found not guilty, accused again and found not proven by a jury, so an innocent man in the eyes of the law. People can insinuate all they like, he was not convicted. 

Why someone would want to ruin Salmonds life is harder to work out, I don't know the details but I am more than sure they are known in the wider political arena to the point that they are splitting the SNP support. 

My point to the original post was that it is not an ego driven spat, if someone falsely accused me of a despicable crime, I'd come out swinging.  

Guest Bob Mahelp

I notice that the newspapers have moved on from 'bombshell evidence' to simply reporting Salmond's opinion....'the Scottish government is not fit for purpose'. 

Fair enough Alex, that's your opinion. File it under 'Jim Sillars', and off you pop.