Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

I note that the First Minister asserts I have to prove a case, I don’t. That has already been done. There have been two court cases, two judges, one jury.

In this inquiry it is the Scottish Government, a Government which has already admitted to behaving unlawfully, who are under examination.

As soon as he said this it was clear nothing major was going to come of this. He's sort of right, but if you're gonna come out swinging about conspiracies and cover ups you'll probably not get anywhere if you then say "no I do not need evidence we're just having a chat."

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

I'd heard that boy Cole Hamilton was a bit of a bellend. This confirms it..

BTW, the commentary on here is better than the pathetic MSM. Take a bow P&Bers.

I strongly suspect I'd agree with him on nearly everything  but fucking hell what a dickhead. Reminds me of Matt Hancock - a slimy know-nothing.

43 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Alex Neil in his house in the south of france just now

keyboard head smash GIF

34 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Andrew Neil
@afneil
·
39m
The quality of questions to Alex Salmond from the Scottish Parliamentary Inquiry is lamentable. Some struggle even to put a coherent sentence together. Nicola Sturgeon is home and dry.

Thanks for clarifying, it was confusing enough for me trying to work out which Alex Neil it was meant to be.

Edited by Lurkst

Think some people need to understand Sturgeon could potentially be implicated in wrong doing without Salmond accusing her directly of being involved in a cover up/conspiracy. 

He's making a wider point than people like to frame it. 

Salmond being a bit disingenuous here when he keeps bringing up the SG ploughing on with their defence in the civil case. He knows damn fine why they threw the towel in at the exact point they did, and so should the committee, provided they are not completely oblivious idiots. Baillie and ACH probably blissfully ignorant then.

The sudden appreciation of diehard right-wing Unionists such as Neil, Massie, Iain Martin for Salmond's statesmanlike qualities and devastating oratory  really is quite something.

That said this is ugly viewing. Really is peak Scotland to come to the threshold of independence seeming inevitable, only to throw it all away because of a personal ego-driven spat and feelings.

It says so much for the quality of the opposition and the craven desperation of their cheerleaders in the right wing press that Ruth the Mooth, whoever is leading Labour these days, and Willie Rennie are nowhere near overthrowing the SNP, despite the party being a clapped-out binfire presently.

The SNP will win comfortably and at worst this horrible, sleazy, corrupt affair will cost them an outright majority. Sturgeon won't be FM long into a new term though.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

3 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

The sudden appreciation of diehard right-wing Unionists such as Neil, Massie, Iain Martin for Salmond's statesmanlike qualities and devastating oratory  really is quite something.

That said this is ugly viewing. Really is peak Scotland to come to the threshold of independence seeming inevitable, only to throw it all away because of a personal ego-driven spat and feelings.

It says so much for the quality of the opposition and the craven desperation of their cheerleaders in the right wing press that Ruth the Mooth, whoever is leading Labour these days, and Willie Rennie are nowhere near overthrowing the SNP, despite the party being a clapped-out binfire presently.

The SNP will win comfortably and at worst this horrible, sleazy, corrupt affair will cost them an outright majority. Sturgeon won't be FM long into a new term though.

Who would replace her? She's polling as the best in the UK. It'd be a massive blow for independence and the SNP if they got rid.

2 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

a personal ego-driven spat and feelings.

To be accused of one of the most despicable crimes imaginable that would have put him in prison for potentially the rest of his life, to go through two legal proceedings that cost the tax payer a fortune. To be found not proven but assumed guilty by the majority of the press and SNP supporters based on the narrative coming from those that accused you, is more than an ego driven spat I would say.   

'That said this is ugly viewing'. Indeed it is, and it could almost certainly have been avoided had Alex Salmond conducted himself with the dignity, decorum and intelligence he is displaying today. Despite his rich oratory I don't think we should overlook that.