Celtic's European Campaign 2016/17

jagfox

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Got about £20m for Wanyama eh?

2 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Not entirely sure 8Mile but I seem to remember it being either 12 or 14 for Wanyama.

£12.5 million Celtic got for him from Southampton.

The only problem is he'll stop The Thumb developing for the national team.

You would imagine that Rodgers would play two up top In the League/domestic cup games. You really can't have one on the Bench. It's absolutely brutal for the rest of us that Celtic have quality like that upfront, never mind the likes of Sinclair and Roberts behind them.

You've taken that too far imo. :huh: I'd gladly trade him for a decent sized bag of green right noo. :whistle

I reckon he will go for big money, he's probably worth a no bad amount just now. I love Sparky but I think Dembele will go further in the game. He had a slow start to his Celtic career but he's in top form just now. That goal against Astana done his confidence the world of good.

Just now, Dominique Malonga said:

I reckon he will go for big money, he's probably worth a no bad amount just now. I love Sparky but I think Dembele will go further in the game. He had a slow start to his Celtic career but he's in top form just now. That goal against Astana done his confidence the world of good.

Turning out to be a fans favourite along with young Tierney who also done well tonight.

3 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Turning out to be a fans favourite along with young Tierney who also done well tonight.

Celtic have a squad with a lot of potential right now. It's probably close to where Neil Lennon's best team was. With clever investment we could see a few more games like tonight. Kolo Toure will be a tricky one to replace when the time comes.

Just now, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Celtic have a squad with a lot of potential right now. It's probably close to where Neil Lennon's best team was. With clever investment we could see a few more games like tonight. Kolo Toure will be a tricky one to replace when the time comes.

Hopefully Kolo is teaching young Sviatchenko lots, I thought he was improving of late. Personally speaking I think he is showing lots of potential at the mo.

It's going to be some fight for the left back position between Robertson and Tierney for Scotland. It's a shame for Graeme Shinnie that he's up against Tierney Robertson and Kingsley as he's a really good player himself. I actually think it's pretty shocking that Shinnie has still not been capped as he's been the best left back in the Premiership for about 2 and a half years imo.

45 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Hopefully Kolo is teaching young Sviatchenko lots, I thought he was improving of late. Personally speaking I think he is showing lots of potential at the mo.

Yeah, I think Simunovic could potentially be very good too but I'm not sure if he's a Brendan Rodgers type defender.

Got a ticket for the game tonight and went with my Wife and daughter who are both season ticket holders at Celtic Park. I have never experienced an atmosphere at a football match like that in my life - fantastic . I know they get a hard time from some but thought The Green Brigade boys were immense. Brilliant game and thought Celtic were well worth their point. The intensity and pressure that they put City under for the first hour was magnificent - rode their luck a bit at the end but hugely impressed by Celtic tonight and Rodgers' tactics. Kolo Toure and Kieran Tierney were outstanding for Celtic tonight as was Raheem Sterling for City. Smashing game.

42 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

It's going to be some fight for the left back position between Robertson and Tierney for Scotland. It's a shame for Graeme Shinnie that he's up against Tierney Robertson and Kingsley as he's a really good player himself. I actually think it's pretty shocking that Shinnie has still not been capped as he's been the best left back in the Premiership for about 2 and a half years imo.

Tierney was superb tonight. Shinnie is versatile which would ideally help him in that department, but alas not with stubborn wee Strachan. He should be in ahead of Lee Wallace, even though I actually think the grass is a decent player. The presence of Gordon Greer in the squad drives me up the wall, it's completely ridiculous.

I thought Celtic were excellent - they started on the front foot and didn't let Man City settle into the game.  The battle between Sterling and Tierney on that left flank seemed to define the game, with both players getting in behind plenty of times and creating a lot of chances.  Brown and Bitton hardly put a foot wrong in the middle of the park too.

The best performer on the night was Kolo Toure though, who was everywhere.  Amazing levels of energy from a 35 year-old convicted doper.

4 hours ago, smpar said:

Obviously didnae watch the 7 (SEVEN) goal thriller on Alba on Saturday then.

They were clearly trying to repeat the defensive masterclass that was on show in the Dunfermline St Mirren game. If Fernandinho had passed the ball back to Bravo and Griffiths had nipped in to score the winner, it would have been a perfect copy imo

Archived