Celtic's European Campaign 2016/17

jagfox

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Not trolling in the slightest.

Yet again because its the so called "Mighty Celtic", we're subjected to excuses and "what ifs". Always everyone else's fault but your own. Im sure it will be Scottish Footballs fault again.

We hear that "this is a different team", but its the same old as far as I can see. A draw against City, despite conceding 3 goals and despite the fact you were lucky to even qualify, yet you were somehow certanties to beat BMG at Parkhead ????
You do have really good players but you just arent good enough.

Just like we arent in Scotland, yet its because we have no bottle apparently. Thats the point Im making.

I don't think anyone thought we were certainties to win at Celtic Park. We're 4th seeds for a reason. There was cautious optimism and we played poorly.

Fair enough.

I pretty happy to be honest with the draw, I would have grabbed that before the start. Thought we have improved hugely since Rodgers came in, with more to come especially if we can hang onto our better players come summer. 

Happy Bhoy here

1 minute ago, LordHawHaw said:

I pretty happy to be honest with the draw, I would have grabbed that before the start. Thought we have improved hugely since Rodgers came in, with more to come especially if we can hang onto our better players come summer. 

Happy Bhoy here

I think the only player we are in danger of losing next summer is Dembele.

You know what I've just noticed?! 11 teams have not won a game in this seasons Champions League Group Stage....11 fkng teams, 34%.

Considering the group we are in, 2 points is definitely something to be happy about

And 8 teams on less than 2pts. After the draw I honestly didn't think we'd get anything.

18 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

You know what I've just noticed?! 11 teams have not won a game in this seasons Champions League Group Stage....11 fkng teams, 34%.

Considering the group we are in, 2 points is definitely something to be happy about

Not sure what your point is, but, in European terms all 11 are sh**e. Which is why they haven't won a game.

Proud of the Hoops tonight. Was a right good game to watch but with a wee bit more urgency & a bit more composure from McGregor we could've walked away with all 3pts. However after the performance from BMG in the 1st game, I feared the worst so not disappointed with a 1-1 draw.

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Of course not all of them are shite, they're just up against some of the elite clubs in world football.

Think we could all guess going in that Man City, Barca, Juventus, Arsenal, Real Madrid, PSG and Atletico would be in the last 16, and probably the last 8. 

Leicester's, Spurs' and Benfica's groups were the only ones which seemed likely to throw a curveball. 

Archived