Celtic's European Campaign 2016/17

jagfox

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Of course not all of them are shite, they're just up against some of the elite clubs in world football.

They're certainly not sh**e in their own leagues, but in the overall European scheme of things, they are. Still no idea what point TT was trying to make.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

They're certainly not sh**e in their own leagues, but in the overall European scheme of things, they are. Still no idea what point TT was trying to make.

Still trying to decide what my point was :lol: 

I was simply pointing out the fact that a third of the teams in the CL have not won a game. I guess if I must have a point it would be the fact we haven't won may seem like a really bad thing but given this Group we are in and another 10 teams having also not won means that 2 points is actually a decent achievement.

1 minute ago, Tartantony said:

Still trying to decide what my point was :lol: 

I was simply pointing out the fact that a third of the teams in the CL have not won a game. I guess if I must have a point it would be the fact we haven't won may seem like a really bad thing but given this Group we are in and another 10 teams having also not won means that 2 points is actually a decent achievement.

There is no doubt that two points is almost miraculous from the three other teams in your group. 

20 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Gave the ball away too much but personally prefer him to Biton or McGregor who both offer nothing at all.

I agree. Rather have him in there than those two just thought he was poor tonight.

From getting absolutely dominated by Molde back to back last year to come away from Borussia disappointed to only get a draw speaks volumes about the work Rodgers is doing. 

2 points more than I thought we'd get as well. With it coming out we'll be making 26m, before ticket sales I think, just from qualifying I expect us to splash the cash in January and the summer. 

Need a top drawer keeper, a centre mid to play with brown and a number 10/creative type all on the level of Sinclair and Dembele then we should put in a challenge next season for the last 16 hopefully. 

3 minutes ago, Asap said:

Need a top drawer keeper, a centre mid to play with brown and a number 10/creative type all on the level of Sinclair and Dembele then we should put in a challenge next season for the last 16 hopefully. 

Problem is we could go out and spend £20m bringing in 3 or 4 really good players and end up drawn in a group like this and we still wouldn't have a chance of making the last 16.

I completely understand why the Board are not overly keen on splashing the cash to chase the last 16 thing. Id be happy if we could be a competitive team that regularly qualifies for the Group and consistently makes the Europa League post xmas with the odd L16 in CL depending on the draw.

28 minutes ago, Asap said:

From getting absolutely dominated by Molde back to back last year to come away from Borussia disappointed to only get a draw speaks volumes about the work Rodgers is doing. 

We've came a long way since Gibraltar. 

21 minutes ago, Günther said:

The problem Celtic have now with signing big players is you're competing with shite in the English championship. A player who has the choice of Celtic or Huddersfield you'd think Celtic would be the natural choice, but the SPL is horrendous, Rangers are shite and the likes of Aberdeen couldn't challenge a paper bag to a title fight. So players will go to Huddersfield and get paid that shitload of money so all Celtic can do is pay those 2nd rate players a shitload more money to come up for Scotland. That £25 million will get you premiership cast offs and pish that Aston Villa and Fulham will chase. A sad endightment of our game...

Villa cast offs like Sinclair?:1eye

The problem Celtic have now with signing big players is you're competing with shite in the English championship. A player who has the choice of Celtic or Huddersfield you'd think Celtic would be the natural choice, but the SPL is horrendous, Rangers are shite and the likes of Aberdeen couldn't challenge a paper bag to a title fight. So players will go to Huddersfield and get paid that shitload of money so all Celtic can do is pay those 2nd rate players a shitload more money to come up for Scotland. That £25 million will get you premiership cast offs and pish that Aston Villa and Fulham will chase. A sad endightment of our game...

Or maybe they could just go abroad?

Also there is no SPL and the Scottish Premiership is not 'horrendous'.

1 hour ago, Günther said:

If the cast offs and pish are Sinclair and Dembele then I'll be happy as a pig in shit. 

1 hour ago, Günther said:

With the exception of Dembele who I'm looking forward to seeing more of and keen to see if he'd make it down south or wherever, no one in that Celtic squad could lace the boots of the Celtic team 10 years ago! Hopefully Tearney lives up to his hype though. 

Mark Brown, Derek Riordan, Lee Naylor, Paul Telfer, Steve McManus, Stephen Pearson, Perrier-Doumbe, Zurawski, Cillian Sheridan, Craig Beattie, Darren O'Dea, Jiri Jarosik, Gravesen, Evander Sno.

Aye a can see your point. 

I used to enjoy watching an old firm game, but I haven't watched one since 2011 I think. Sitting there wondering who is worse, samaras or lafferty. To think both of those players would walk into either side now... mind the days of Larson, Petrov, Laudrup, Gazza, Hartson, Sutton, Albertz etc.  . 

IMG_1478065701.780934.jpg.15fd134d5b3e7f

Archived