Celtic's European Campaign 2016/17

jagfox

No.

When did I say that?  Why are you being so foolish?

I'm not being foolish. That is what you just said. You're havering utter shite.

I asked you why Rangers or Celtic doing good or badly in Europe would affect you as a QOTS fan and you started going on about how you'd rather people never left your town and watched your team, and that you didn't want to see sectarianism have such a strong foothold in Scotland.

I'm sure the glory hunting kids in schools all over the towns in Scotland will stop supporting Rangers or Celtic on the back of them not making the European group stages and I'm sure that them doing badly will also help stop Scotland's sectarian problems... Sure of it

What has this got to do with Scottish clubs/Scottish players actually kicking q ball about on a field by the way?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I'm not being foolish. That is what you just said. You're havering utter shite.

I asked you why Rangers or Celtic doing good or badly in Europe would affect you as a QOTS fan and you started going on about how you'd rather people never left your town and watched your team, and that you didn't want to see sectarianism have such a strong foothold in Scotland.

I'm sure the glory hunting kids in schools all over the towns in Scotland will stop supporting Rangers or Celtic on the back of them not making the European group stages and I'm sure that them doing badly will also help stop Scotland's sectarian problems... Sure of it

What has this got to do with Scottish clubs/Scottish players actually kicking q ball about on a field by the way?

Good Lord, you're standing by it.

Allow me to break this down for you.

When Celtic and Rangers do well, it attracts people towards them to the detriment of others.  When they do well in Europe, not only does the above happen, but they stand to make huge amounts of money in the context of our game.  This guarantees further success.

Their getting knocked out in a given year will not of course eradicate the problems their success deepens.  It's a staggeringly weak grasp of pretty much everything that's required to suggest it might.

It is in all our interests but theirs for them to do badly.

Again, your hopeless naivety is evident in the approach you take to an argument.Things can be heightened or lessened to certain extents.  It doesn't mean that they are entirely reliant on one set of circumstances or another to either exist or vanish.

Good Lord, you're standing by it.

Allow me to break this down for you.

When Celtic and Rangers do well, it attracts people towards them to the detriment of others.  When they do well in Europe, not only does the above happen, but they stand to make huge amounts of money in the context of our game.  This guarantees further success.

Their getting knocked out in a given year will not of course eradicate the problems their success deepens.  It's a staggeringly weak grasp of pretty much everything that's required to suggest it might.

It is in all our interests but theirs for them to do badly.

Again, your hopeless naivety is evident in the approach you take to an argument.Things can be heightened or lessened to certain extents.  It doesn't mean that they are entirely reliant on one set of circumstances or another to either exist or vanish.

I didn't think it was possible for you to speak any more shite but you just have and put it in a more cryptic message prettied up with words and phrases.

:lol:

You're a slavering mess m8

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I didn't think it was possible for you to speak any more shite but you just have and put it in a more cryptic message prettied up with words and phrases.

Ah, you've given up.

Ok.  Probably wise.

gentlemen please, we are going away from daviebhoys slabbering pish about how he wants all of scottish football to do well except rangers but it depends on the money that other teams will make

you two wanna compare dick sizes then do it by picture on PM, keep these pages clear for davies embarrassing moments

15 minutes ago, 53_and_counting said:

gentlemen please, we are going away from daviebhoys slabbering pish about how he wants all of scottish football to do well except rangers but it depends on the money that other teams will make

you two wanna compare dick sizes then do it by picture on PM, keep these pages clear for davies embarrassing moments

40 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Most messages contain "words" and "phrases".

Some of these words are put into sentences.

They weren't meaningless at all.

A competent reader would have seen the meaning. 

Alas.

They were.

You still haven't explained why Rangers or Celtic getting beat in Europe will lessen sectarianism or glory hunting or even explain how it will mean other teams have more chance of winning the league?

No matter how well or badly they do in Europe glory hunting will always exist, everywhere, sectarianism in Scotland will not change in the slightest and Rangers or Celtic will win the league every year because they have resources that are vastly superior to the other clubs regardless.

Liam Craig was on the radio the other day saying all the teams in the premiership would rather the opposite happened as the European games and trips mess up their domestic form and lead to slip ups in the leagues/cups.

Your point basically boils down to the fact you don't like the 2 clubs, you should just admit that.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

They were.

You still haven't explained why Rangers or Celtic getting beat in Europe will lessen sectarianism or glory hunting or even explain how it will mean other teams have more chance of winning the league?

No matter how well or badly they do in Europe glory hunting will always exist, everywhere, sectarianism in Scotland will not change in the slightest and Rangers or Celtic will win the league every year because they have resources that are vastly superior to the other clubs regardless.

Liam Craig was on the radio the other day saying all the teams in the premiership would rather the opposite happened as the European games and trips mess up their domestic form and lead to slip ups in the leagues/cups.

Your point basically boils down to the fact you don't like the 2 clubs, you should just admit that.

Of course I don't like the clubs.  Why would I deny that?

I've explained clearly why success in Europe contributes to the problems their very existence makes worse.  If the simple logic therein escapes you, there's little I can do about it and it won't unduly worry me.

Your reliance on the here and now and the immediacy of any effect, would suggest you might be twelve years old.  I trust that's not the case though.

2 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

MT behave emoji23.png shouting at your telly for the opposition to score against either Glasgow clubs won't dramatically improve Scottish fitbaw or society in general.

Once more, I've not suggested it might.

What is it with you people and 'all or nothing'?  There are questions of degree you know.

Archived