Ross County v St.Johnstone 5th Dec 2016

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like playing County as it means we get an analysis from bunglebonce. Far superior to WAPs "get the ball to O'Halloran more" ideals

Brian Easton on the bench and Darnell Fisher starting :lol: Praying Eastons had a knock or something

Assume we'll be going with Scobbie left back, Fisher right back and Joe and Dave in the middle. Looks like O'Hallorans up front too

The way we have deployed fisher this season it suggests a 3 at the back approach ( mackay scobbie shaughnessy) with Craig and Fisher at wing back roles ?

That sounds horrendous. I remember McInnes tried to do that sort of tactic with us for a while, and it never worked, we've simply not got the midfielders for it

That sounds horrendous. I remember McInnes tried to do that sort of tactic with us for a while, and it never worked, we've simply not got the midfielders for it

yep completely perplexed with the line up and can't figure out exactly what way we will line up. Be interesting to see anyway.

yep completely perplexed with the line up and can't figure out exactly what way we will line up. Be interesting to see anyway.

I'm thinking..

Mannus

Fisher - Mackay - Shaughnessy - Scobbie

Wotherspoon - Muzz - Millar - Craig

O'Halloran - MacLean

I assume that Darnell's at right-back. That's clearly his most natural position. I'm guessing that Brian has picked up a knock. His exclusion seems a bit strange otherwise.

I'd imagine that it's a back four of Fisher, Shaughnessy, Mackay and Scobbie, with a midfield of Spoony, Millar, Davidson and Craig, and a front two of O'Halloran and MacLean.

that would be fine and sensible. Just the Fisher role worries me as he had been deployed in midfield role in recent away games.

You'd hope TW realises hes not a real option in there, and looks back to the Accies game at McD where Fisher was acceptable. Not great that we're effectively playing four full backs in defence though. Must be hard for Brad McKay to accept.

You'd hope TW realises hes not a real option in there, and looks back to the Accies game at McD where Fisher was acceptable. Not great that we're effectively playing four full backs in defence though. Must be hard for Brad McKay to accept.

it's good to at least see him on the bench today. Been harsh the way it has turned out for him. Oh I agree completely with you, Fisher at home that day was brutal. Hopefully that has been realised and he plays his natural position at full back.

Archived