Wasps v The Sons 5/12/15

I reckon it will be between ourselves and alloa for the relegation play off spot, hope I'm wrong but all signs have been pointing in that direction this season.

Probably makes sense with us the only part time teams aswell. May the best diddies win.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd agree with that. Livingston by all accounts seem to be quite good, and I'd expect St Mirren to hit a decent run of form soon (with or without Ian Murray)

I've taken the time to change my picture on here to a true hero, a man who represents the sharing, caring rivalry between Dumbarton and Alloa. Also he was in my dream last night, chasing a guy who tried to stab me...

I miss Jim Lister :(

Aye, livi will come good, and are probably better than their league position suggests, like the last few years. St Mirren have a squad more than capable of picking up some run of form. Bring back Stephen dobbie is what I say..

Aye, livi will come good, and are probably better than their league position suggests, like the last few years. St Mirren have a squad more than capable of picking up some run of form. Bring back Stephen dobbie is what I say..

Stephen Dobbie, Chris Kane, Jim Lister and Paddy Flannery and we could mount a credible challenge for 7th

I don't blame Stevie, the board, the players or anyone for that. I just fear that perhaps this season - with the step up in quality of the league again - is a step too far for ourselves and Alloa. It was always going to come to a natural end and I'm thinking more and more that it will be this season.

Christ, I'm sounding like OKI nowadays :lol: If we win tomorrow I'll be back to tipping us for the league again.

I think the league as a whole is weaker than last season. The problem from an Alloa point of view is that we are also weaker. I reckon the Alloa team that finished last season would be doing ok in this league.

I think the league as a whole is weaker than last season. The problem from an Alloa point of view is that we are also weaker. I reckon the Alloa team that finished last season would be doing ok in this league.

I don't know, last season we had the lolfest of Cowdenbeath and the shambles of Livingston. This year Livi are a decent team and Cowden have been replaced by a solid, if unspectacular, Morton side. The overall standard of the league - with the loss of Hearts and arrival of St Mirren - may be lower, but the teams around us are definitely stronger in my view.

That's a fair point actually, the team produced three stunning displays at the start of the season, but also two utterly rancid performances away to East Fife and QP. The East Fife game, and the way we played in it, has been the only consistent factor throughout this season.

Looking through the results there are only a few games I think we've played well in: Morton, Hibs, St Mirren, Rangers (H). The rest of the time we haven't deserved all three points - and in all but one occasion we haven't got them. It's not like we're lacking constancy - we're not - we just aren't very good.

I don't blame Stevie, the board, the players or anyone for that. I just fear that perhaps this season - with the step up in quality of the league again - is a step too far for ourselves and Alloa. It was always going to come to a natural end and I'm thinking more and more that it will be this season.

Christ, I'm sounding like OKI nowadays :lol:If we win tomorrow I'll be back to tipping us for the league again.

No need to mention two deities in the one sentence, my young amigo, but I'm sincerely flattered by your mention.

I would agree with this.

I'd have to disagree with this. Hearts were replaced by St Mirren which I'll agree was a downgrade, however rangers are twice the team they were last year and hibs also look better. Livi seem to have drastically changed and become a football team overnight and we replaced a shambles of a team in Cowden with a very competent Morton. This league I would think is harder than last year's.

I'd have to disagree with this. Hearts were replaced by St Mirren which I'll agree was a downgrade, however rangers are twice the team they were last year and hibs also look better. Livi seem to have drastically changed and become a football team overnight and we replaced a shambles of a team in Cowden with a very competent Morton. This league I would think is harder than last year's.

St mirren are the equivalent of a poor raith rovers side.

Rangers and Hibs are better than they were but that is irrelevant in terms of the overall strength of the league. Last year you had 3 teams who were a fair bit ahead of the rest. Falkirk and QoS were also decent. This year you have 2 left who are much better than the rest followed by a Falkirk side who aren't in the same class but are doing well because the rest of the league is poor. The fact that very average sides like Raith and Morton are challenging for a play-off spot is an example of the drop in quality, the QoS team of last year was far stronger than these teams.

Rangers and Hibs are better than they were but that is irrelevant in terms of the overall strength of the league. Last year you had 3 teams who were a fair bit ahead of the rest. Falkirk and QoS were also decent. This year you have 2 left who are much better than the rest followed by a Falkirk side who aren't in the same class but are doing well because the rest of the league is poor. The fact that very average sides like Raith and Morton are challenging for a play-off spot is an example of the drop in quality, the QoS team of last year was far stronger than these teams.

A drop in quality or have those teams improved?

A drop in quality or have those teams improved?

One downgrade to 3/4 upgrades does not make an easier league...

Hearts cancel out Rangers, Falkirk and hibs are pretty much the same whilst Qos are weaker IMO.

Hearts cancel out Rangers, Falkirk and hibs are pretty much the same whilst Qos are weaker IMO.

Falkirk and hibs both better than last year. Raith slightly better, Morton are a massive improvement on Cowdenbeath. Livi as I said seem to have become a football team overnight.

Last year - this year

Rangers = better

Hibs = better

Falkirk = better

Raith = better

St Mirren = worse (replacing hearts)

Morton = better (replacing Cowdenbeath)

Queen of the south = worse

Livi = better

Dumbarton = worse

Alloa = worse

Falkirk and hibs both better than last year. Raith slightly better, Morton are a massive improvement on Cowdenbeath. Livi as I said seem to have become a football team overnight.

Last year - this year

Rangers = better

Hibs = better

Falkirk = better

Raith = better

St Mirren = worse (replacing hearts)

Morton = better (replacing Cowdenbeath)

Queen of the south = worse

Livi = better

Dumbarton = worse

Alloa = worse

So it's pretty much the same lol.

So it's pretty much the same lol.

Strange argument this, but it's good fun.

The way I look at it is this, the big clubs are irrelevant (and I include Falkirk in this). Last year we had four teams who could possibly fill the bottom two places - Cowden, Alloa, Livingston, Dumbarton - this season I only really see Alloa and ourselves in those two places. The overall quality might have dropped, but unfortunately the quality of the teams around us has increased.

Strange argument this, but it's good fun.

The way I look at it is this, the big clubs are irrelevant (and I include Falkirk in this). Last year we had four teams who could possibly fill the bottom two places - Cowden, Alloa, Livingston, Dumbarton - this season I only really see Alloa and ourselves in those two places. The overall quality might have dropped, but unfortunately the quality of the teams around us has increased.

So overall it's still the same?

I can see both sides of the argument, if only we had killed off livi last season.

Archived