Wasps v The Sons 5/12/15

So overall it's still the same?

I can see both sides of the argument, if only we had killed off livi last season.

Possibly, it's weaker at the top but stronger at the bottom if that makes sense. Eg the weaker teams are less weak, but the other teams are weaker (apart from Rangers, Hibs and Falkirk) who are stronger.

^^^Utterly calamitous word salad, but it made sense in my head

Edit: Actually, let me try rewording that. Rangers, Falkirk and Hibs will be the top three. They are stronger than last seasons top three imo.

The middle three of Morton, Raith and QOS are weaker than last seasons equivalent, but are stronger than this seasons bottom four.

The bottom four of ourselves, Livi and St Mirren are where the real differences lie.

This season's Sons' team is not any weaker than last seasons imo. Probably about the same. Which is where the issue lies as teams around us have improved.

This season's Alloa team is weaker than last seasons Alloa team

This season's Livingston team is considerably stronger than last seasons

This season's St Mirren team is considerably stronger than last seasons Cowden team.

This all made sense in my head.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly, it's weaker at the top but stronger at the bottom if that makes sense. Eg the weaker teams are less weak, but the other teams are weaker (apart from Rangers, Hibs and Falkirk) who are stronger.

^^^Utterly calamitous word salad, but it made sense in my head

Edit: Actually, let me try rewording that. Rangers, Falkirk and Hibs will be the top three. They are stronger than last seasons top three imo.

The middle three of Morton, Raith and QOS are weaker than last seasons equivalent, but are stronger than this seasons bottom four.

The bottom four of ourselves, Livi and St Mirren are where the real differences lie.

This season's Sons' team is not any weaker than last seasons imo. Probably about the same. Which is where the issue lies as teams around us have improved.

This season's Alloa team is weaker than last seasons Alloa team

This season's Livingston team is considerably stronger than last seasons

This season's St Mirren team is considerably stronger than last seasons Cowden team.

This all made sense in my head.

I think I get it...

That's a relief.

I think we should go back to discussing simpler things. How windy is it likely to get at the Recs/Indodrill tomorrow? Going to be pretty blustery over here.

The wind is picking up here too. I don't think the game is in any danger tbh.

I don't think livi are much better than last year tbh, maybe slightly on paper but they aren't any better than us at the moment (going by league table)

Mind they were deducted a few points and that undoubtably shat all over their morale.

I would go with Hynd and Ferns up top tomorrow.

Chops on the bench.

Hynd definitely put in a good shift and did what was asked of him against Hibs. I think there's a good chance though he makes way for Eddie tomorrow. Would be very surprised if Chopra drops out in a game where we really need the 3 points. But he needs to find the net, fast..

I don't think livi are much better than last year tbh, maybe slightly on paper but they aren't any better than us at the moment (going by league table)

Mind they were deducted a few points and that undoubtably shat all over their morale.

I think at the start of the season they really struggled, most likely due to the fact they had about 3 weeks to build a squad thanks to their transfer embargo.

I said it the day we beat them that they are a far superior outfit than ourselves. We don't have a bad squad of players but it's a horribly imbalanced squad of players. Our issues lie with the types of players we have recruited e.g. four central midfielders who do the exact same job in Routledge, Lindsay, Brown and Gallagher. We have one natural wide player and zero creativity in the middle.

Minus our centre halfs we don't really have any dominance in the air, particularly in the opposition box. Like the midfield issue we have 3 pretty similar strikers in Brophy, Craig and Fleming. Whilst they all have slightly different styles they are all pretty much 'hold the ball up' type players. We have absolutely no one making runs beyond them or anyone to knock down a high ball or connect with a cross.

You only have to look at the Nish and Kane partership to see how well different types of players work together and ultimately add balance to a squad.

Don't worry OKIII, your king of 'negativity' title might be changing hands shortly :lol:

I think at the start of the season they really struggled, most likely due to the fact they had about 3 weeks to build a squad thanks to their transfer embargo.

I said it the day we beat them that they are a far superior outfit than ourselves. We don't have a bad squad of players but it's a horribly imbalanced squad of players. Our issues lie with the types of players we have recruited e.g. four central midfielders who do the exact same job in Routledge, Lindsay, Brown and Gallagher. We have one natural wide player and zero creativity in the middle.

Minus our centre halfs we don't really have any dominance in the air, particularly in the opposition box. Like the midfield issue we have 3 pretty similar strikers in Brophy, Craig and Fleming. Whilst they all have slightly different styles they are all pretty much 'hold the ball up' type players. We have absolutely no one making runs beyond them or anyone to knock down a high ball or connect with a cross.

You only have to look at the Nish and Kane partership to see how well different types of players work together and ultimately add balance to a squad.

Don't worry OKIII, your king of 'negativity' title might be changing hands shortly :lol:

I'm not sure if you were classing cawley as the natural wide player but cawley in being the strikers is a very creative player. Where has sparky been playing for you? He can play left back and left mid aswell.

I'm not sure if you were classing cawley as the natural wide player but cawley in being the strikers is a very creative player. Where has sparky been playing for you? He can play left back and left mid aswell.

The natural wide player is Gibson, Cawley is often deployed at wide right but you can tell it's not his natural position. He sometimes plays behind the striker but has shown nothing to suggest he's creative. Runs about all day long and is a tidy wee player but nae creativity thus far unfortunately.

Docherty has mostly played at left back with a couple of appearances at left mid. A pretty basic player who has the odd good game but overall he's been pretty shite and cost us a few goals. One against Morton and one against Rangers spring to mind.

Docherty has..., cost us a few goals. One against Morton and one against Rangers spring to mind.

Sparky has a habit of making defensive errors. I always preferred him left side of midfield (diamond especially).

Hynd definitely put in a good shift and did what was asked of him against Hibs. I think there's a good chance though he makes way for Eddie tomorrow. Would be very surprised if Chopra drops out in a game where we really need the 3 points. But he needs to find the net, fast..

I was just looking at trying to freshen things up. Most teams would expect to be facing chops and maybe a change could cause them some problems.

Read that as black 'boabies' and spent a good 30 seconds there trying to figure out what the f**k you were on about.

If there's too many of them in the Astro we might struggle to play our explosive brand of free flowing football as well tbh.

A82 with severe flooding again, should be fun trying to leave and return to Dumbarton today for all you poor souls braving it. 50mph winds for Alloa at 3pm too. I think I'll stick with a few beers, a coupon and Soccer Saturday.

Absolutely can't wait to get blown away in the wee temporary stand. Last time we were there, there was a light breeze and it sounded like Hurricane Catrina.

Archived