Wasps v The Sons 5/12/15

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. 'Must win' doesn't really mean anything, at least not when its usually used e.g. in this case.

I appreciate what you're saying here, printer, and you're quite right. However, in the context of Alloa having won 1 league game from 15, amassing a grand total of 5 points and finding ourselves 6 points behind the other part-time team, I think it's about as close to "must win" as you can get at the start of December. Could we settle on "really need to win"? :P

Despite those grim statistics, I was encouraged by the performance against Hibs. But for one costly mistake at the back we were looking good to get a point that day. The defence looked good - and will be further improved by the return of Marr - and the whole team were organised and committed. We didn't get many chances to do much in attack but with Duffy, Crawford and Hynd, and Chopra looking decent a bit deeper, there is attacking potential in there. Hopefully Marr can come back in for Hill and I'd be much happier with DC in goal but overall, a similar level of performance to the Hibs game and we'll be well placed.

Defeat here and things look grim but with a win we're back in business.

Gallagher had a good showing against rangers, seemed really up for it, kirky has lost interest under Stevie,

We really need a win, if st mirren and Livingston get their act together before us we're in deep doodoo, and at present, I wouldn't fancy our chances against one of the teams at the top of league one in the playoffs,

P.s. I'm optimistic

I'd like to see Buchanan reinstated for this one, in Saunders' absence which is a blow for us.

While it isn't a 'must win' for us, it's a vital game and a much-needed Sons win would give us a huge boost and put more distance between ourselves and Alloa.

The worry still remains who is going to both create, and more importantly take, chances up front.

I'd like to see Brophy upfront with Fleming maybe, and adopt a more direct approach going forward than we have recently.

Got to play with Brophy just off Fleming up front. Gibson routledge Lindsay and cawley in the midfield. Wouldn't be against playing Gallacher at right back although Brown would probably do a better job there, Barr, Buchanan and Docherty across the back. Two banks of four and two strikers and I reckon we will win. All depends what team turns up.

Got to play with Brophy just off Fleming up front. Gibson routledge Lindsay and cawley in the midfield. Wouldn't be against playing Gallacher at right back although Brown would probably do a better job there, Barr, Buchanan and Docherty across the back. Two banks of four and two strikers and I reckon we will win. All depends what team turns up.

I'm starting to wonder if the team that's turned up for the last 3 months is the only team we have to turn up. Other than the first 2 games of the season and the game against Morton in the cup we've been utterly hopeless, including the day we beat Livi.

They have a lot to do to convince that they can play well together and ultimately get results. Up until now it's been pretty dire.

Hopefully that starts on Saturday but I certainly wont be making any predictions, who knows how this one will go. I shall travel in hope.

I'm starting to wonder if the team that's turned up for the last 3 months is the only team we have to turn up. Other than the first 2 games of the season and the game against Morton in the cup we've been utterly hopeless, including the day we beat Livi.

They have a lot to do to convince that they can play well together and ultimately get results. Up until now it's been pretty dire.

Hopefully that starts on Saturday but I certainly wont be making any predictions, who knows how this one will go. I shall travel in hope.

I live in hope..hope that has been diminishing slightly week after week but fingers crossed for Saturday. A win could install a bit more confidence that we need to push on from here.

That's a fair point actually, the team produced three stunning displays at the start of the season, but also two utterly rancid performances away to East Fife and QP. The East Fife game, and the way we played in it, has been the only consistent factor throughout this season.

Looking through the results there are only a few games I think we've played well in: Morton, Hibs, St Mirren, Rangers (H). The rest of the time we haven't deserved all three points - and in all but one occasion we haven't got them. It's not like we're lacking constancy - we're not - we just aren't very good.

I don't blame Stevie, the board, the players or anyone for that. I just fear that perhaps this season - with the step up in quality of the league again - is a step too far for ourselves and Alloa. It was always going to come to a natural end and I'm thinking more and more that it will be this season.

Christ, I'm sounding like OKI nowadays :lol: If we win tomorrow I'll be back to tipping us for the league again.

I reckon it will be between ourselves and alloa for the relegation play off spot, hope I'm wrong but all signs have been pointing in that direction this season.

I'd agree with that. Livingston by all accounts seem to be quite good, and I'd expect St Mirren to hit a decent run of form soon (with or without Ian Murray)

I've taken the time to change my picture on here to a true hero, a man who represents the sharing, caring rivalry between Dumbarton and Alloa. Also he was in my dream last night, chasing a guy who tried to stab me...

I miss Jim Lister :(

Archived