Dunfermline vs Ross County/Ross County vs Dunfermline (replay)

I showed Mrs bb the highlights last night, I think she was more interested in how sharp Schalk took his goal than me pausing the telly and going "look! LOOK at Woods's position/body language!"

The extended clips really show the power of work that Irvine goes through to make up for it, even at the end when he was at 3/4 pace.

Still seething.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What on earth was Fraser doing for the first goal, it was as if he wasn't there at all, for the good that he did.

In fact I think both full back positions are "soft points" of our team. Fraser was shielded a lot earlier in the season due to the amount of work Gardyne put in tracking back.

Surely we won't be as poor in the replay on Tuesday.

I'd only watched the website highlights at that point. Watching the extended Sportscene highlights fully woken is so much more alarming.

Which are the extended highlights BB?

I've found the 08:40 highlights on the BBC website, which seem extended compared to normal, but want to be sure I've got the right clip so I can fully appreciate the horror.

What on earth was Fraser doing for the first goal, it was as if he wasn't there at all, for the good that he did.

In fact I think both full back positions are "soft points" of our team. Fraser was shielded a lot earlier in the season due to the amount of work Gardyne put in tracking back.

Surely we won't be as poor in the replay on Tuesday.

Aye, both looked poor from the highlights I've seen so far. Boyd too. They just looked weak, and behind the play too often.

That said, El Bakhtaoui has some body strength on him, lads were just bouncing off him.

BB has summed up Martin Woods already, repeatedly, justly.

It's what has helped him step up his game IMO. Faiss has always had good skills but didn't have the strength or stamina to succeed. Will only get better if he keeps doing what he's been doing.

Was impressed with Irvine on Saturday. Looked like he could have played with a cigar in his mouth at times. Even had a wee laugh with the home crowd when they mocked his awful barnet.

It's what has helped him step up his game IMO. Faiss has always had good skills but didn't have the strength or stamina to succeed. Will only get better if he keeps doing what he's been doing.

Was impressed with Irvine on Saturday. Looked like he could have played with a cigar in his mouth at times. Even had a wee laugh with the home crowd when they mocked his awful barnet.

Is the bit in bold re- Faiss' body strength aye?

I do like Irvine, would love to see him with a different midfield partner, for reasons described by BB above. His new barnet is fucking terrible though.

Is the bit in bold re- Faiss' body strength aye?

I do like Irvine, would love to see him with a different midfield partner, for reasons described by BB above. His new barnet is fucking terrible though.

Body strength and better conditioning. Either better training or more work in the gym. More experience will undoubtedly be a big factor as well. Not many guys fulfil their true potential though, so he's still got a long way to go.

Body strength and better conditioning. Either better training or more work in the gym. More experience will undoubtedly be a big factor as well. Not many guys fulfil their true potential though, so he's still got a long way to go.

He does look to have real potential. Have been keeping an eye out for his performances for a while, especially since his start this season! Would be great if he can keep progressing.

Must be a pretty together guy if he's willing to come to provincial Scotland and give it a shot, spending this length of time progressing without ducking back to the beach with his mates? That or mental... whatever the reason, as long as the result is taking his development seriously ;-)

Which are the extended highlights BB?

I've found the 08:40 highlights on the BBC website, which seem extended compared to normal, but want to be sure I've got the right clip so I can fully appreciate the horror.

Check Sportscene on iPlayer, second on the bill, there are around 15 minutes of footage with multiple angles. Yeah, I can't quite believe it either.

Dunfermline's own highlights further up the thread show different attacks as well.

He seems to have settled very well. Even got invited to Josh Falkingham's Christmas dinner. Apparently popular with the females of Dunfermline as well, alongside Big Ben Richards-Everton.

haha! Good man, i'm liking him more and more :)

Check Sportscene on iPlayer, second on the bill, there are around 15 minutes of footage with multiple angles. Yeah, I can't quite believe it either.

Dunfermline's own highlights further up the thread show different attacks as well.

Thanks BB, much appreciated. I've seen the website ones, and the Dunfermline ones, so am keen to complete the set.

Cheers

I really enjoyed Sportscene's coverage of the match, which is the first time I've said that in years. Well, perhaps 'enjoyed' was the wrong word - 'appreciated' might have been better. Professionally put together and actually gave a sense of what the game was like. Just makes me even more sad at the dross they serve up most weeks.

I'm surprised Irvine is getting glowing references for the game. I thought he was pretty poor compared to his usual standards. I'd like to see Murdoch and McShane getting a chance to impress in the middle for the replay. I also didn't spot his new hairstyle from where I was stood. Only saw it in the highlights. Lord knows what that's all about!

Overall, a poor performance from County and Dunfermline deserved to get a winner. I thought Graham and Schalk were starting to link up well though so that bodes well for the future. Hopefully we can make the difference in leagues show in the replay tomorrow. As impressive as Dunfermline have been this season there's no way they should be knocking us out.

Unless they play better than us again. You turning into a big-time Charlie? ;)

That's my point though - they shouldn't be playing better than us. We're two divisions above them and presumably have a considerably higher budget with a bigger and better squad. Obviously they might knock us, but on paper there's no that they should.

That's my point though - they shouldn't be playing better than us. We're two divisions above them and presumably have a considerably higher budget with a bigger and better squad. Obviously they might knock us, but on paper there's no that they should.

What a load of shite. You imagine a Celtic fan saying that about our chances in the semi final, and you would say it's shite too. Football isn't played on paper.

Martin Woods plays professionally for us. Whilst Brittain and Lawson play Highland League and Vigurs for the unwashed. Life just isn't fair.

What a load of shite. You imagine a Celtic fan saying that about our chances in the semi final, and you would say it's shite too. Football isn't played on paper.

Martin Woods plays professionally for us. Whilst Brittain and Lawson play Highland League and Vigurs for the unwashed. Life just isn't fair.

:lol:

Nah, any Celtic fan saying that would be bang on. With the resources they have they should be beating anyone in Scotland, every time. They should beat us in the semi final. Just like they should have beat us in the 2010 Scottish Cup semi final. As you correctly point out though, football isn't played on paper, and there's a lot of variables in any given 90 minutes. Sometimes the underdog will get the better of it and go through, but don't expect me to shrug my shoulders if we get knocked out by a third tier team - we should be more than capable of getting the result.

Hard to disagree with your second point though.

Archived