Stirling vs inverness

Binos123sam

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mutumbo is still shite.

Pretty generic performance from us. Tippy tappy midfield play without much penetration, saved by a Jimmy Ping. Second goal was a great move, that's the sort of goal we try to score all the time.

I thought we looked interesting with Fisher through the middle and Storey wider, we created a few more opportunities. However, Fisher looks like he's picked up an injury.

Quite a poor game overall with the obvious exception of the two goals.

I don't think we really showed what we are capable of with not a single shot on target. Lamont provided some hope but I would have favoured him from the start over Johnston.

Still a two goal defeat against Premiership opposition is a decent effort.

Auch pish game but we did ourselves justice and can walk away with our heads held high. Well done.

Can t be too critical on the players all things considering but we didn't do ourselves any favours when we were on the ball and I thought McLaren made a mistake not starting Lamont and leaving the ineffective Dickson on the park.

Hey ho, it's given the club some good exposure and hopefully the experience will help us in our league campaign.

Watched it on TV (midweek games are harder for me to get to these days) and thought we were poor overall but at least we scored a couple of decent goals and are in the next round. Still concerned at our overall lack of pace, width and creativity but Mutumbo had some nice touches but these were offset but dribbling the ball out of play under no pressure. Kind of like Tade. Superb second goal. Lovely quick passing and very direct running. More of that kind of stuff please instead of the slow paced sideways passing. Motherwell away in the next round is definitely winnable but not exactly an interesting tie.

Agree with bb bino comrie and Dickinson both gave the ball away cheaply last night when we where in good attacking positions.lamont made a huge difference when he came on with his crossing from left or right.Doris played well how many fouls were committed against him last night. If we go 4 4 2 on Saturday which I hope we do I would start Beattie with Doris get an hour from him and change him

Felt we should have had a penalty just before their 2nd

Was that for the alleged 'handball' by Devine? If so that was never a penalty. Unless the game was being refereed by Collum in which case it was a penalty.

Archived