Stirling vs inverness

Binos123sam

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stones came from outside the ground, so there's probably nothing the club could do about it. No-one was hurt afaik.

We were utterly dreadful. OK for 10 minutes at the start of the first half, then we dropped back and fannied about for the remaining 80 minutes. The only width came from the full backs; it felt like the umpteen midfielders spent most of the day finding ways of passing responsibility for creating anything onto each other. Stirling could easily have won the game; the best play come down their right hand side, on several occasions. Didn't really notice if it was the same player each time, but there was some excellent nimble, and really direct play that carried attacks right into our box. Really couldn't have complained if we'd ended up losing that.

Btw did you see the fans on Sportscene tonight? ... know what I'm saying? ;)

Btw did you see the fans on Sportscene tonight? ... know what I'm saying? ;)

Ah. I've not seen it yet - will probably get it on iplayer later. The mrs saw it and said it wasn't too bad.

Alternative Maryhill - the thinking man's Pat Nevin.

We were dreadful to be honest with it. Stirling were solid and didn't make any mistakes but we didn't test them or stretch them at all. We set up the same we had in our previous few league games, with Vigurs slotting into the Jmaes Vincent role. Nat Wedderburn was on the left, which was puzzling given he isn't mobile or have any pace. He looked totally out of place and was hooked at half time. In the first half we focussed far too much on possession and just played in front of Albion without attacking them directly. In our system width needs to come from the full backs and Williams got into a lot of space but we didn't use him nearly enough. We were too slow, often turning back on ourselves to try and play another intricate movement when we should've attacked space or put pressure on Albion.

Wedderburn got hooked at half time and we put on Alex Fisher, a tall striker which lead us to hit more diagonals in for him. We didn't get a great deal of success from this but did manage to create a few more promising positions. We didn't manage to do anything at all from them though, too often we seemed to hit crosses that weren't aimed or targeted, just floated or chipped to space. Albion came into it a bit more and had two good chances, as AM says both from the right. One saw Fon Williams make a good stop, the other was cleared by Warren.

Overall we can't really complain about a draw. We really missed someone like Christie who would've been able to produce something unexpected to get us out of the hole we were in but it wasn't to be. We should have too much in the replay but Stirling were tough and disciplined so they have a chance. Good numbers for us, some cringey 'Green Street' action as well with flares, streamers and some fighting with local neds from the 14 year old ultras :lol:

I was in the adjacent Morrisons supermarket about 2.00 getting some odds and ends before going into the match and there were a dozen or so young ICT fans milling around drinking Powerade and Rockstar etc (seriously they were :D ) , they were being relatively innofensive till, a few pensioners started tutting and shaking their heads as they belted out

"Oh Inverness is wonderful, its full of tits, fanny and the caley...." :lol:

Don`t think so unless they plunk the school for the day, can`t see that happening.

Aye they'll not be wanting the day off in case the headteacher finds out about it and gives them a big row and makes them stay back after school.

Unfortunately I think that's the only way to get them away from attending our games and getting us in trouble.

Tbf they are at least trying to create an atmosphere but i agree they need to cut out the Green Street pish

Tbf they are at least trying to create an atmosphere but i agree they need to cut out the Green Street pish

I quite like how they are trying to create an atmosphere.But some of them especially the younger ones seem more interested in being a "young team" or "ultras" as they call themselves and I wonder if those ones are actually just here to look tough and to get into fights rather than support their local team.

IIRC it's a nice wee £75k to each club from Sky. Can't see there being much over 1k-2k folk there, so that television cash will make up for the smaller crowd.

Archived