Stirling vs inverness

Binos123sam

Despite the scoreline I felt it was an enjoyable game today. A good end to end game with a few "interesting" challenges(a special mention for the challenge from the Inverness sub that replaced Wedderburn at half time, as he was really lucky he didn't make contact as he was nowhere near the ball :lol: ). Hopefully we get to see the shot from Doris?(it may have been someone else) that looked to be superbly blocked by the Inverness defender

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's the same people (I think that it is) then the club have got to consider banning these people as that's the third time in the last nine games that I have been told that "young neds" having been causing trouble either before or after the game and it's giving the club a bad reputation.

If it's the same people (I think that it is) then the club have got to consider banning these people as that's the third time in the last nine games that I have been told that "young neds" having been causing trouble either before or after the game and it's giving the club a bad reputation.

The stones came from outside the ground, so there's probably nothing the club could do about it. No-one was hurt afaik.

We were utterly dreadful. OK for 10 minutes at the start of the first half, then we dropped back and fannied about for the remaining 80 minutes. The only width came from the full backs; it felt like the umpteen midfielders spent most of the day finding ways of passing responsibility for creating anything onto each other. Stirling could easily have won the game; the best play come down their right hand side, on several occasions. Didn't really notice if it was the same player each time, but there was some excellent nimble, and really direct play that carried attacks right into our box. Really couldn't have complained if we'd ended up losing that.

The stones came from outside the ground, so there's probably nothing the club could do about it. No-one was hurt afaik.

Surely it could or should be reported to the local constabulary?

Especially if this isn't the first time it's happened

Is that you on the groundhopper app, SAFC #1 supporter?

Nah never heard of that app

Terrific result for Stirling. Many fans thinking of heading up for the midweek replay

Doubt we'll have many for obvious reasons but should be an alright amount

I'd leave by 4pm to give yourself enough time to get up the road. Average speed cameras up the A9 now of course and there's a long stretch of road that has a 40 mph limit because of roadworks.

I'd leave by 4pm to give yourself enough time to get up the road. Average speed cameras up the A9 now of course and there's a long stretch of road that has a 40 mph limit because of roadworks.

You're actually quicker leaving the A9 and skipping that bit :lol:

Also the average speed bits are in sections, you can usually see the gantries when you enter/leave a section. Then on the dualled bits you can go as fast as you like :whistle:

How come burd reporters on Scottish Cup Sportscene always try to make the match report about themselves?

Well done Stirling, BTW. I know it's only a mid-week trip to Inverness but a modest cash boost can go a long way.

We were utterly dreadful. OK for 10 minutes at the start of the first half, then we dropped back and fannied about for the remaining 80 minutes. The only width came from the full backs; it felt like the umpteen midfielders spent most of the day finding ways of passing responsibility for creating anything onto each other. Stirling could easily have won the game.

You could almost have predicted that. In the premiership yogi has got us set up to hit teams on the counter. When it comes to breaking down teams that defend we don't have any imagination. That's where we miss the likes of Doran and Foran.

Not blaming the Binos for sitting in, I would have done the same. Much of the game we were faced with two banks of four and nobody wanting to take a risk, just pass it sideways and back. If we'd scored from that early chance it would have been different but if your auntie had baws etc :lol:

Despite all the Bbc stats showing how dominant we were (who believes the Bbc anyway :whistle: ). There was one scramble where feck knows how it never crossed the line, and Tansey's flick came from our best move of the game. But I would have been embarrassed if we had nicked it late on with some of the Binos out on their feet, like the centre half who just chipped it into our fans when he had time to clear it. Also have to give McLaren his due for doing his homework. Never gave away one fee kick within range for Tansey or Vigurs.

At least we're not Hamilton though.

Archived