January Transfer Window

I'm led to believe both Stanton's and Telfer's wages are being paid in full by there parent clubs, otherwise both deals wouldn't have happened.

I imagine you're led to believe quite a lot of things fairly easily. If you've got both of them for f**k all then I am Nicholas Cage.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine you're led to believe quite a lot of things fairly easily. If you've got both of them for f**k all then I am Nicholas Cage.

Even as a livi fan there's something not quite right about hibs and Utd giving there players away for free. Forfar are seemingly paying 250 a week for 18 year old Scott Martin so these clubs are not known for their generosity

Even as a livi fan there's something not quite right about hibs and Utd giving there players away for free. Forfar are seemingly paying 250 a week for 18 year old Scott Martin so these clubs are not known for their generosity

The Dundee Utd one is strange, but perhaps Stanton could be being given for free to try and dent Rangers title challenge? How many more times do you face them?

I'd approach any news like that with a fair bit of skepticism given our ahem, chequered financial past, but given that Stanton has rarely figured for Hibs at all this season, let alone the past 3 months, and Telfer doesn't seem to be in favour at United exactly.

Could be wrong, more than likely I am, but Hibs obviously view Stanton as a prospect still, and don't want his progress to stagnate. They're not exactly in a position to be playing regularly given the quality in front of him in the pecking order, plus the obvious pressure Hibs are under in the title race. Same thing in a way with United; they've made a substantially significant investment by bringing Telfer in, they'll be wanting him to hit the ground running next season irregardless of the league they'll be in.

The Dundee Utd one is strange, but perhaps Stanton could be being given for free to try and dent Rangers title challenge? How many more times do you face them?

Once. He payed in the 4 going on 10 March the other week so not sure that's gonna work. Anyway, thanks very much, this should see us sale past the bottom of the table dross.

Duffie has been constantly crocked for the past couple of seasons so all we're really doing is bringing in McCann as a backup to Muirhead till the end of the season. So swapping someone who cant play at all for an uninspiring backup who can play if needed which is hardly shocking.

Archived