January Transfer Window

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need an RB so we can play Muirhead in the centre and punt Watson

Whilst Watson has the odd scary moment, unfortunately resulting in a couple of goals against, I do feel that he's becoming a bit of a scapegoat. I feel he's generally quite sound.

Whilst Watson has the odd scary moment, unfortunately resulting in a couple of goals against, I do feel that he's becoming a bit of a scapegoat. I feel he's generally quite sound.

Yep I'd agree to an extent.

Whilst he hasn't been great I thought he's been slowly coming onto a game. Played very well in the last 2 games IMO.

I also think Muirheads done a very good job at right-back. Quite like him there tbh.

It would take an almighty collapse from us and/or a fantastic turnaround from Livi or Alloa to get dragged into the bottom two, but considering we haven't won in five games and four of our next five are against Hibs x2, Falkirk & Raith, I'm disappointed we haven't brought in a holding midfielder to fix the glaring weakness in the team. Even if it's just a punt on some cheap youngster, giving the defence some more protection is really all we need to ensure we can grind out results and keep us comfortably mid-table. We should have at least tried to do so.

Of the 3 guys we have who play CB he is the weakest link.

If we keep Grant next season and finally put Muirhead there then Watson and McCracken can battle it out to be the cover.

What's the crack with this?

Not all of them, but a significant number of Livi fans have been claiming all season that Alloa & Dumbarton have bigger budgets than them despite Livingston being full-time. This January signing spree would suggest otherwise.

If we keep Grant next season and finally put Muirhead there then Watson and McCracken can battle it out to be the cover.

I've no issue with that other than we don't really know if Muirhead would be any better at CB. We've only got the Partick fans word for that at the end of the day.

This would also depend on McCann or A.N. Other being a better RB too. Also, I don't think McCracken will be here next season.

Not all of them, but a significant number of Livi fans have been claiming all season that Alloa & Dumbarton have bigger budgets than them despite Livingston being full-time. This January signing spree would suggest otherwise.

I think we did have until this month. this has come as as much a surprise to us as it has fans of other clubs. In the summer we were scrimping around signing juniors, teenagers and guys who'd never played at this level.

A reporter who works closely with the club and usually gets things spot on suggested we're paying similar wages to them both, don't think anyone's actually said we have the smallest budget in the league, not that I've seen anyway.

Could see it being true with our summer signings being mostly from lower leagues, but our January deals make it look like we might be spending a bit more this time, unlikely that everyone will be giving us players for free...

I've no issue with that other than we don't really know if Muirhead would be any better at CB. We've only got the Partick fans word for that at the end of the day.

This would also depend on McCann or A.N. Other being a better RB too. Also, I don't think McCracken will be here next season.

Agree with your last line.

In fact I was of the knowledge that he wouldn't be here this season.

We could be in for massive defensive changes next season.

Grant unlikely to still be here.

Leahy unlikely to still be here.

Muirhead moved to CB.

McCracken probably away.

We could lineup in August with all 4 defenders away or moved from the team we play in the playoffs.

I think we did have until this month. this has come as as much a surprise to us as it has fans of other clubs. In the summer we were scrimping around signing juniors, teenagers and guys who'd never played at this level.

And the best players from one of the teams you would claim to have a lower budget than.

McCracken won't be with us. Certain of that

Muirhead moved to CB.

McCracken probably away.

We could lineup in August with all 4 defenders away or moved from the team we play in the playoffs.

Think writing off Leahy too quickly

Muirhead moved to CB.

McCracken probably away.

Are people confident that Grants gonna be gone?

Archived