January Transfer Window

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a nice idea, would probably have worked in a red away kit. Brave man admitting that though :)

It would've looked quite cool in red as well. Too often away kits have no relevance at all to the club, just a random colour that doesn't clash, whilst the yellow is a bit garish at least it tried to look St Mirreny.

A black one with gold and white across the top for us would look tremendous.

I like this idea that Rangers are okay for defenders. It's clearly the weakest part of their team, and Gasparatto should really be walking into it.

Who drops out of the team?

I'd have to disagree the defence is the weakest part, although the left and right backs thinking they're centre forwards doesn't help! :)

That's the way the manager wants to play though. He also prefers a 4-3-3 formation and with the exception of Waghorn they are lacking in quality in that department.

Yep. For Alan Gow see Anthony Stokes. Both played for Falkirk, both should have done a lot more for their careers with their abilities.

Paddy Cregg completes this trinity of disappointment.

He looked terrific when he first signed for us, then basically never left the centre circle

I would like to see someone in the middle of the park and another striker maybe required as Miller and McHugh are a bit injury prone. Our next two games will decide if we will

bother or not. Two wins and we will, a win and a draw we may. Anything else we will keep our cash in our pocket.

I can see our season being as good as done by Jan 9th........then again........

Can't disagree with this, except not sure we need reinforcing in the middle.

It'd be great to see Blair and Grant get some time on the park, although reports suggest both might get sold on in January.

In which case Blues and O'Hara.

As you say no point investing significantly if third is looking most likely.

I'd forgotten he'd played for your lot. He's a typical yogi signing in some ways. He always had a good eye for a baller, but not such a good judge of character maybe. Which is when you find desperadoes like Kevin McBride or god forbid, Burton O'Brien in your team

Don't forget Jean-Francois Lescinel, looked an absolute baller but vanished off the face of the earth after about 10 matches

Paddy Cregg completes this trinity of disappointment. He looked terrific when he first signed for us, then basically never left the centre circle

TBF he absolutely destroyed Rosenborgs International midfield a few years back

Paddy Cregg completes this trinity of disappointment. He looked terrific when he first signed for us, then basically never left the centre circle

When I was over for the Ireland v Scotland game in June I took in Bohemians v Shamrock Rovers. The standard was utterly woeful and a certain Patrick Cregg was playing for Shamrock Rovers.

Admittedly he was head and shoulders above the other players on the park, but ooft, what a waste of talent.

TBF he absolutely destroyed Rosenborgs International midfield a few years back
Was this somewhere round contract renewal time perchance?He could go mad dog when he wanted to, if he thought Celtic scouts were watching tbf
Don't forget Jean-Francois Lescinel, looked an absolute baller but vanished off the face of the earth after about 10 matches
Other classy defenders that bailed early include Karl Dodd and Cedric whatsisface. Shame really as they all looked the part

Was this somewhere round contract renewal time perchance? He could go mad dog when he wanted to, if he thought Celtic scouts were watching tbf

Was the start of a new season. Both home and away he done it, absolute monster so he was. He'd likely still be with us if we weren't blessed with both Millar and Davidson who are far more consistent.

www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/falkirk/6809213/Falkirk-eye-move-for-Fleetwood-star-Declan-McManus.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-FBPAGE-_-ScottishSunSport-ScottishSunSport-_-20151216-_-SunScotSport-_-306893732-_-Imageandlink

I really hope this isnt true, posted on this thread a while ago would love to see him back at Morton on loan

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the sfa offices are open on January the 1st?

They are closed. The physical offices are closed right through to Monday 4th. They re-open for business on Tuesday 5th.

The transfer window doesn't open until January 2nd. Registrations these days have to be lodged online anyway and can be approved or rejected remotely without any need for anyone to actually be in the office.

Archived