Scott Weiland

Musketeer Gripweed

Was he still a huge substance abuser? Can't say I paid alot of attention to him since my early teens when I was into Velvet Revolver?

Minor miracle he made it this far. Some cracking tunes in his back catalogue to leave a decent legacy behind.

I saw him in 2010 and having given several interviews in the months prior where he said he was completely sober and clean, it quickly became apparent that what he actually meant was he was off heroin but still on everything else, with the way he was rambling incoherently and falling about. He never could sort himself out, it's no real surprise.

Gutted to hear of his death although it was not entirely surprising. I read his autobiography a few years ago and he came across as a bit of fud. That being said, he was still a legend. I think I will give Core a spin this evening and raise a glass to the boy.

Saw Stone Temple Pilots at the Barrowlands in 2001. One of my favourite bands in the 90's as a teenager. Everything they made was fantastic, and Weiland was a great performer. Used to be mesmerised watching him writhe about on stage.

Amazed he made it to 48 with his lifestyle, but still very very sad. I almost burst out crying when I got told this earlier this afternoon.

I've just purchased Scott Weiland and The Wildabouts - Blaster. His last project. I'll give it a good listen later.

RIP Weiland. Roll man roll.... Get away you gotta get away...

Fall to Pieces was one of my favourite songs back then, still a delight even listening to it now.

I fucked off to the bar when saw them live and they started that tune. Wasn't a fan myself.

Saw STP twice at the Barras, 94 and 2001. The 94 gig was obviously the Purple tour, and they were at the very top of their game that night. Scott was unstoppable. He was just everything a front-man should be...you couldn't take your eyes off him. The crowd that night was something else...actually feared for people's safety. A raft of brilliant songs, Interstate Love Song, Plush, Sex Type Thing and Still Remains particularly outstanding.

Saw STP twice at the Barras, 94 and 2001. The 94 gig was obviously the Purple tour, and they were at the very top of their game that night. Scott was unstoppable. He was just everything a front-man should be...you couldn't take your eyes off him. The crowd that night was something else...actually feared for people's safety. A raft of brilliant songs, Interstate Love Song, Plush, Sex Type Thing and Still Remains particularly outstanding.

I was there too. Awesome gig. The crowd was mental with stage diving and crowd surfing going on.

Like a few folk, was and still am a big fan of Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver. Weiland had an amazing voice, I even liked 'Hold On' off Limp Bizkit's 'Chocolate Starfish' album which featured Weiland.

Never realised that was Weiland on that tune. Always liked it and though there was another voice singing the harmony but just assumed it was one of the other lads in the band.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived