Would you go and see this cover band?

paranoid android

New cover band happening in the Lothians playing basically 90s guitar based Britpop tunes from the likes of Oasis, Blur, Supergrass, The Verve, Shed 7, The Lightning Seeds, Ocean Colour Scene, The Manic Street Preachers, James, The Mock Turtles, Radiohead, Pulp, etc.

Is this your sort of thing, or it is perhaps not your sort of thing?

New cover band happening in the Lothians playing basically 90s guitar based Britpop tunes from the likes of Oasis, Blur, Supergrass, The Verve, Shed 7, The Lightning Seeds, Ocean Colour Scene, The Manic Street Preachers, James, The Mock Turtles, Radiohead, Pulp, etc.

Depends if they're any good or not.

Only if they only did Blur, Pulp and Verve stuff.

The rest can GTF.

I'd be more inclined to go to see a band play their own songs instead of covers. The occasional cover would be fine but a whole set of them would be too much in my opinion.

ETA - Will you be in this band?

I probably wouldn't go out of my way to see them, but I probably wouldn't leave the pub if they were on and if I was drunk enough I'd sing along while playing air guitar.

So would I.

I might be.

If you are, I wish you all the best. What might be an idea is including a handful of covers played acoustic in the middle of the set. Say you have 15 songs (10 originals and 5 covers) play 5 then 5 covers then kick it back up again for the last 5 songs. Off the top of my head I'd go for

Chasing Rainbows - Shed Seven

Caught by the Fuzz - Supergrass

Trimm Trabb - Blur

Just - Radiohead

Laid - James

Obviously it's got feck all to do with me and it'll depend on the length of the set but it's just an idea.

If you are, I wish you all the best. What might be an idea is including a handful of covers played acoustic in the middle of the set. Say you have 15 songs (10 originals and 5 covers) play 5 then 5 covers then kick it back up again for the last 5 songs. Off the top of my head I'd go for

Chasing Rainbows - Shed Seven

Caught by the Fuzz - Supergrass

Trimm Trabb - Blur

Just - Radiohead

Laid - James

Obviously it's got feck all to do with me and it'll depend on the length of the set but it's just an idea.

Cheers, man - we're already doing Caught by the Fuzz and Laid - also Going for Gold by Shed Seven.

Cheers, man - we're already doing Caught by the Fuzz and Laid - also Going for Gold by Shed Seven.

Nice one, I really like the intro for Going for Gold but have never got round to learning it. I need to get my finger out and also figure out the riff from Disco Down.

Archived